Begode Blitz 2400wh: 134V, 20", 79lbs

Cerbera

1 hour ago, Manoloco said:

Looks like the front handle is removable. Means there could be after market mods to move the display to somewhere more usable or remove it altogether which is good news 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Eyss said:

Looks like the front handle is removable. Means there could be after market mods to move the display to somewhere more usable or remove it altogether which is good news 

Only Gotway could design a wheel that has the community solving design flaws before it's even released :facepalm:

Edited by xiiijojjo
  • Haha 1

display are useless while riding but they show usefull information when you stop, it's a pretty old story, known since the first display ever released :D

how people still complain about them in 2024 is really a mistery :popcorn:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, EMA said:

display are useless while riding but they show usefull information when you stop, it's a pretty old story, known since the first display ever released :D

how people still complain about them in 2024 is really a mistery :popcorn:

Yeah, put the display onto a 4 foot selfeistick and let i dangle around in front of the riders nose ... :facepalm:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robse said:

and let i dangle around in front of the riders nose

To be honest I have been thinking about building something that lets you wear a tablet on a strap around your neck, similar to the transmitters that RC pilots (like myself) use. Currently I use my cellphone for turn-by-turn navigation with komoot, keeping EUCWorld running and also for taking photographs. It can get genuinely stressful to operate my cellphone in city in heavy traffic, trying to navigate, take photos, watch out for traffic and keep the wheel under control at the same time. I could navigate with a tablet around my neck so I have both hands free for taking pictures with an actual camera - because frankly many of the pictures my cheapo cellphone takes dont exactly blow me away.

Have a Blitz here with me.  Looking at it, I have 2 questions...

The suspension. From the spec sheet:

"100mm / 130mm (switchable)"

What does "switchable" mean exactly?

I have a Blitz in front of me right now, and looking at the suspension, I don't see any indication of "mode switching". Maybe hardware adjustment required?

Also, the video from Begode, stating "race" configuration as they proceed with lowering the suspension pressure, to the point the Blitz lowers itself to it's lowest, (non suspension mode)? Does anyone have any insight on that?  I can certainly empty out the suspension off all pressure, but not sure if the lower center of gravity benefits outweigh the fact you have a fully functional suspension that now would be completely bottomed out.  Is that a realistic way of riding that's being insinuated?

Any knowledgeable input would be greatly appreciated.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Talon said:

Have a Blitz here with me.  Looking at it, I have 2 questions...

I have a Blitz in front of me right now, and looking at the suspension, I don't see any indication of "mode switching". Maybe hardware adjustment required?

Glad you asked, you are the first person who can answer it also. 😂

1 hour ago, Talon said:

Unlike the S22, the suspension travel adjustment on the Blitz is realized by putting in "travel-reduction-blocks" to block the suspension from fully recovering its full stroke.

1 hour ago, Talon said:

Also, the video from Begode, stating "race" configuration as they proceed with lowering the suspension pressure, to the point the Blitz lowers itself to it's lowest, (non suspension mode)? Does anyone have any insight on that?  I can certainly empty out the suspension off all pressure, but not sure if the lower center of gravity benefits outweigh the fact you have a fully functional suspension that now would be completely bottomed out.  Is that a realistic way of riding that's being insinuated?

I don't believe your interpretation is correct. 

If you deflate your air shock, compress the suspension so that the "travel-reduction-blocks" can be inserted, and pump back up the air shock to obtain the desired %sag, the suspension travel will now be 100 mm, and your CoG is lower, since the suspension can no longer rebound back to the 130 mm suspension travel height, due to the blocks.

In the case of the Kingsong S22/Pro, after suspension travel reduction, the shock still uses its initial shock stroke. Without a rider on the wheel, the linkage is not "compressed" (fully extended).

In contrast, in the case of the Blitz, after suspension travel reduction, the shock uses it remaining shock stroke. Without a rider on the wheel, the linkage is still partially "compressed", corresponding to a 30mm initial suspension compression. 

If one wants to use only 100 mm suspension travel with a coil shock, this may not be be as straightforward to do.

Edited by techyiam

@Talon if you end up taking one battery pack off could you measure the stanchion to see how much travel there actually is? With and without the rubber stopper, thanks. 🙏

• Like 2

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Unlike the S22, the suspension travel adjustment on the Blitz is realized by putting in "travel-reduction-blocks" to block the suspension from fully recovering its full stroke.

I don't believe your interpretation is correct. 

If you deflate your air shock, compress the suspension so that the "travel-reduction-blocks" can be inserted, and pump back up the air shock to obtain the desired %sag, the suspension travel will now be 100 mm, and your CoG is lower, since the suspension can no longer rebound back to the 130 mm suspension travel height, due to the blocks.

In the case of the Kingsong S22/Pro, after suspension travel reduction, the shock still uses its initial shock stroke. Without a rider on the wheel, the linkage is not "compressed" (fully extended).

In contrast, in the case of the Blitz, after suspension travel reduction, the shock uses it remaining shock stroke. Without a rider on the wheel, the linkage is still partially "compressed", corresponding to a 30mm initial suspension compression. 

If one wants to use only 100 mm suspension travel with a coil shock, this may not be be as straightforward to do.

This makes sense. Just never heard of "switchable" suspension, and I'll have to look into the blocks.  Thanks for the reply.

17 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

@Talon if you end up taking one battery pack off could you measure the stanchion to see how much travel there actually is? With and without the rubber stopper, thanks. 🙏

Sure. If I end up doing that, no problem. Can't say I'm planning on that soon though. 

• Like 2

Yes.... what Ronnie said.... How long REAL travel is available on the sliders/stanchion tubes?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Talon said:

may out accelerate my 50S EX30 from 0-30 (based only on how it feels) It

I would love to see a GPS comparison to wheel speed. 

Run a tour on euc world and it'll show both. 

Somebody mentioned it beeps at 88kph. It'd be interesting if it's standard begode 10% so 80kph or closer to gps 

Impressive how bad GPS works in NY. My guess it's the big buildings and narrow streets doing it.
But it do look like more than 10% difference (2-4 miles/hour) when stabile 25 miles per hour.
So more or less like the ET Max.

Edited by EUCzero

47 minutes ago, Ronin said:

here you go:

Using euc world, i obtain gps vs speed results that aren't constant though. 

image.thumb.png.285e1925fd1d38358eabbeb885e77ccc.png

Applause for this feat! I didn't even know how much I'd value altitude info. Nice touch there!

It's fascinating, the two measures intersect at around 11 different points (a lot of the points are close together, so the count of intersections isn't as relevant as the fact that it happens). At first I thought they'd intersect at big changes in altitude, but that's not a consistent pattern. The disparities between the measures seem biggest both at higher speeds and when accelerating. Deceleration seems to bring the measures closer together.

It does appear that wheel speed reports higher than GPS. However, I can't make any calculations based off this information, as this variation could be within a margin of error of 1-3% and I would not be able to tell.

Still, I appreciate this graph! It's a little insight into a what a continuous measure of measuring variation would look like.

1 hour ago, Ronin said:

here you go:

Using euc world, i obtain gps vs speed results that aren't constant though. 

image.thumb.png.285e1925fd1d38358eabbeb885e77ccc.png

You can adjust the wheel speed to more closely mirror GPS.

image.png

image.png

What is interesting is comparing the average of both to get a pretty accurate offset, you can do that in the app by switching the two screens on the main page or in the uploaded logs.

• Like 1

You can only compare GPS speed when riding at a stable speed as GPS speed can not handle quick changes.
Also it should be in an open sky area for better accuracy (connection to more satelites)
When I do the comparison I keep a stable speed and wait for the GPS speed to also settle and become stable. Then it is normally very accurate.

Reason why there is bigger delta when accelerating, and less delta (in this case) when de-accelerating is because GPS speed will always be lagging. It measures speed by clocking the time between two positions (again and again and again). But it will not be accurate before it has done this a few times. Therefor it will never be accurate when changing speed. Only at stable speed.

Edited by EUCzero
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

oh weird, it's what I was saying from the beginning but got a ton of flak for it... Still, it looks like a fun wheel though, and good for lots of street riding fun 😊

I will hopefully get my hands on a Blitz in the next week or so. Should be a good time. Hoping to pump out a review and some comparison videos (blitz vs Master V4 vs Lynx specifically comes to mind) and some other videos on the Blitz in the very near future.

• Upvote 1