Mandatory insurance for the EUC in the Czech Republic from 2024/04/01

42 minutes ago, Funky said:

Pro tip to avoid any payments to injured/damaged property: Be broke. :D 

No no - broke = prison in those sort of circumstances.

3 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Free food. Roof on head. Daily exercises.. :efefd8a002:

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

Usually you can declare bankruptcy, and your debt will be handled in some other way rather than prison. At least that's how it works over here for the bankers anyway, but private persons can declare bankruptcy too..

48 minutes ago, FF9F00 said:

Usually you can declare bankruptcy, and your debt will be handled in some other way rather than prison.

True.  I'd like to avoid both ideally ! :)

18 minutes ago, FF9F00 said:

bankruptcy

I’d rather pay 9€ per year in insurance; with the added benefit of not making it even worse for the person or goods I could damage.

Also: seing there are people like you around I am glad insurance is mandatory.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Cam said:

insurance is mandatory.

Wrong... You can't get insurance for devices that has no laws made yet.

Even then - honestly i have never thought about looking one up or getting one.. In my eyes my euc is the same as bicycle and i never had one for mine bicycle.

Why would i damage something or hit and injure someone.. It would damage my EUC in result - so naturally i avoid doing that in first place. :) 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Cam said:

Also: seing there are people like you around I am glad insurance is mandatory.

I'm riding my EUC completely legal, and without insurance completely legally. Why does this upset you so much?

Whoops, turns out it might actually be illegal to ride on EUC in Denmark without insurance. I should probably sell this thing and go back to bicycles.

Edited by FF9F00

1 hour ago, FF9F00 said:

Whoops, turns out it might actually be illegal to ride on EUC in Denmark without insurance. I should probably sell this thing and go back to bicycles.

Legality is also Scam. That some dipshits made up from their asses. You almost got scammed.. Shame on you!

Did you buy the wheel in your country? Then it's legal. Don't get scammed! Otherwise those shops should not exist in first place, selling illegal things.. 

Edited by Funky

57 minutes ago, Funky said:

Legality is also Scam. That some dipshits made up from their asses.

Nah, I may be rebellious against the insurance salesmen in this forum, but I'm not silly enough to cross the police:P
Denmark is a big brother society in the era, the police have camera surveillance at every traffic light intersections, in every big towns and small villages.

8 minutes ago, FF9F00 said:

Denmark is a big brother society in the era, the police have camera surveillance at every traffic light intersections, in every big towns and small villages.

And? Camera can't hurt you..

I still would ride even if they where banned. Good thing i never see police. And even if you see them - simply take a detour around them.

2 hours ago, FF9F00 said:

Nah, I may be rebellious against the insurance salesmen in this forum, but I'm not silly enough to cross the police:P

Please stop trumpeting false information.

In Denmark, as in many other countries, there are automatic traffic controls
in certain places where it is necessary because certain traffic lunatics cannot
figure out how to drive according to the conditions. In addition, number plate
scanners are also installed on certain police cars that can help detect cars
where the owner does not have a legally required insurance or is possibly
disqualified from driving - and it is quite reasonable that people who are
not fit or allowed to drive a car are prevented from doing so.

To claim that Denmark is a Big Brother country is simply lying.
I can recommend that you do a little homework;  "1984" can be read here
https://www.george-orwell.org/1984, here you can read all about what Big Brother
is and thus understand the true meaning of that term.

For information; In Denmark, there are approx. 71000 km of public road,
2800 intersection traffic lights, 107 mobile traffic controls and 20 fixed ones.
Therefore, if all traffic controls are placed at intersection traffic lights,
there will be controls for approx. 4% of all intersections.
If you use the mobile traffic controls at random places on the entire road network,
there will be a control every 660 km on average.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Robse said:

To claim that Denmark is a Big Brother country is simply lying.

I'm starting to believe that account is just a troll carrying water for dictators (as do some of our other members), possibly straight up paid propaganda to sow FUD about democracies. He literally cited China as being a more free than Denmark.

Edited by Cam
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Robse said:

Please stop trumpeting false information.

In Denmark, as in many other countries, there are automatic traffic controls
in certain places

I would be impressed if you could find even 5 traffic light intersections in Odense without any cameras planted on them.
Go ahead and try.

4 hours ago, Cam said:

He literally cited China as being a more free than Denmark.

E-scooters and unicycles used to be illegal in Denmark until a few years ago.

All Unicycles capable of being faster than 20km/h are illegal in Denmark this day today.
All E-scooters that exceed 25Kg are illegal in Denmark this day today. That means the Inmotion RS is illegal, isn't that nice?
Let's say I wanted to create a company who innovated a new form of EUC, where do you think I would have more freedoms? In Denmark where everything is illegal? Or in China where all EUCs are being designed right now?:rolleyes:That's an interesting one to ponder.

Edited by FF9F00

Kuji Rolls said "I know these things are illegal" to Jack (electric dreams) as they headed to the hills for some offroading on their EUCs when he visit Kuji in Dali. Jack also mentioned in another vid you could no longer buy a scooter he tested as they were banned in that city. Some types of cars are banned as well in cities (pickup/utilities). So I guess in China it is like anywhere else. Not legal but enforcement is patchy ( except in Germany)

Edited by DavidB
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, FF9F00 said:

These two sentences are not the same thing. The latter was something you invented in your head.
But you should probably take a look at Robse's post. It turns out I might have been wrong about who pays for injuries.

Government funded means the money comes from taxes, borrowing or the printing press. Since the government can't produce anything, it comes from everybody.

What I'm trying to get to is you want everybody to pay for your unproportionally higher risk. Is that a fair assessment?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FF9F00 said:

I would be impressed if you could find even 5 traffic light intersections in Odense without any cameras planted on them.
Go ahead and try.

Sorry, but this is getting ridiculous. It would be much easier if you "know" instead of "believe". All the small cameras you can find in Odense (and also other cities) are set up to count traffic, and try to make the traffic flow as effortlessly as possible. In other words; set up to improve your journey and reduce your waiting time at traffic lights. These cameras have NOTHING to do with police work. There is no personal monitoring.

And it's not difficult to get to grips with things, here's a link, sorry again to the other forum participants, but I don't have time to translate.

https://www.tv2fyn.dk/odense/overvaagning-sensorer-skal-overvaage-mennesker-og-trafik-i-bymidte

https://fyens.dk/odense/hvem-goer-hvad-hvornaar-125-kloge-kameraer-kigger-med-fra-det-hoeje

Annotation 2024-04-12 130602.jpg

Annotation 2024-04-1230602.jpg

Edited by Robse

2 hours ago, alcatraz said:

What I'm trying to get to is you want everybody to pay for your unproportionally higher risk. Is that a fair assessment?

Nope, I have never wanted that. You invented this in your head. Why? Because you want to put words in my mouth and mply I said something I never said.

1 hour ago, Robse said:

All the small cameras you can find in Odense (and also other cities) are set up to count traffic, and try to make the traffic flow as effortlessly as possible. In other words; set up to improve your journey and reduce your waiting time at traffic lights.

1. This is a lie. Those cameras do in fact surveillance everybody.
2. They will definitely alert the police when you speed faster than the limit. The fact that they do this means they are not just here to improve my life. They are multipurpose.
3. Why the hell are you trusting the words of a zionist government who are still making you occupy Iraq 21 years later?
But thanks for admitting they exist everywhere in every big town and small town.

5 minutes ago, FF9F00 said:

1. This is a lie. Those cameras do in fact surveillance everybody.
2. They will definitely alert the police when you speed faster than the limit. The fact that they do this means they are not just here to improve my life. They are multipurpose.
3. Why the hell are you trusting the words of a zionist government who are still making you occupy Iraq 21 years later?
But thanks for admitting they exist everywhere in every big town and small town.

i am out of here, this is waste of time🤦‍♂️ Have a nice day.

Just now, Robse said:

By the way, the tech to reduce our waiting time always existed, they are pressure plates under the asphalt. Nobody needed this country wide surveillance system to monitor them to make the green light. It's only gullible people like you who trust in these lies.

22 minutes ago, FF9F00 said:

Nope, I have never wanted that. You invented this in your head. Why? Because you want to put words in my mouth and mply I said something I never said.

You wrote taxes earlier. What do you mean then?

Lets say 1000 riders like you are on the road. Statistically a few of them are going to cause some expenses they can't cover. Who pays? Their taxes? How do we declare high risk living tax penalty?

My point is that 9usd per year doesn't even cover 1 min admission in a hospital, but it lets you make a gesture of responsability.

I know it's unlikely for it to cover what we need in a time of need. At least it'll look good when we are stopped by law enforcement out on the roads.

4 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

You wrote taxes earlier. What do you mean then?

I said system x, y, and z existed. But you claimed I want that system to persist. Those are 2 different things. If you can't understand this is 2 different things then you are not qualified to make conversations with people.

1 hour ago, Robse said:

Change-My-Mind-tilt-corrected-meme-2.png

We never asked to be born in this world.. Everything is pointless and meaningless. You do the same thing everyday. Work/Home/Eat/Sleep - repeat.

Same time trying to do something "fun" and "interesting". Why would we.. It's pointless and meaningless also. We just try to live our life's out till we die.

I just wanna do it faster.. :efeffe9e4a:

Edited by Funky