Commander GT PRO+ | 168V 20" 4440Wh | Bigger battery version of the Commander GT PRO

13 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

damn, not gunna lie that really kills some of my excitement for this wheel

Agree 100%.  

34 minutes ago, Luc Cossette said:

Jason Mcneil,

How the suspension can keep it's ride quality with the add battery weight?

i am sceptical that it would be as good as the 3000wh.

The weight difference (going by extra battery weight) is like 6kg (12lbs). I don't think suspensions are that weight sensitive, are they?

6kg is less than the weight difference between different potential riders. Even for you, wearing a jacket or not, backpack or not, etc. could make the same difference in weight. If you were 6kg heavier, would it harm the ride quality?

Not to dismiss your question, but I wonder if one would even notice the difference? I find it hard to imagine. Maybe I'm wrong?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

This thread is kinda dead but just an update, I know of 3 separate cases now (including mine) where the GT Pro+ does not come with LED lights. One of said case is a dealer and EB said they "forgot" to add the lights.

photo_2024-08-13_21-16-06.jpg

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, Tep said:

.... I know of 3 separate cases now (including mine) where the GT Pro+ .....

If you don't mind sharing your thoughts on your GT Pro+, how is it to ride compared to wheels such as the EX30, V13, ET Max, GT Pro, Commander Pro, Sherman-S, etc. (I don't know what you have ridden), basically big wheels that you have ridden? Relative nimbleness, stability at higher speeds and sweepers? Thanks.

As an update to this, EB sales rep claimed that the Pro + does not come with led lights, and that the ambient lighting is only because "a customer in China paid for it". Which is funny, because the Russian testers have lights on theirs. So yeah, typical EB shenanigans.

Edited by Tep

On 8/14/2024 at 8:38 PM, Tep said:

As an update to this, EB sales rep claimed that the Pro + does not come with led lights, and that the ambient lighting is only because "a customer in China paid for it". Which is funny, because the Russian testers have lights on theirs. So yeah, typical EB shenanigans.

A bit disappointing since they were there on early versions...

Edited by Ronin Ryder

17 hours ago, Ronin said:

Wheel Speed vs GPS, no adjustments whatsoever. Wheel is quite true to GPS:

image.thumb.png.a537379bf6f2454cb57e64993311c6d7.png

On 8/17/2024 at 11:09 PM, Tep said:

Ok my post to the main EUC facebook group is held pending for some reason, so here's my range test data. 

TL;DR: Slightly less range than Master Pro V3.

One thing I truly appreciate about the GT Pro +, is that it report very close to real speed & distance. While most others EUCs inflate their speed by 9-10% , the GT Pro + report less than GPS speed by 3%. Huge props to Extreme Bull for being honest, and I hope future wheels will follow the same.

The "loop" I take is a 9.2 miles consist of constant hill climb with twisting road, finishing up with 2.5 miles of 55 mph road, so lots of strain on the battery because I have to constantly brake- accelerate when cornering, then I have to ride about 17 miles home on flat terrain, the distance & speed below are actual GPS distance/speed.

May be an image of text

Next up is replacing the stock tire, it's overly sensitive at high speed (almost wobbled out while riding seated at 40+ mph), and it's making a weird bouncing motion when I corner. 

Thank you for the reports. If you calibrate pwm to around 0% on cutout on both this and the ET max, do you know if they're about the same at the same real speeds or does the ET max have more headroom? I think the weight distribution and riding dynamics on this wheel are preferable, but I notice the GT pro is not getting the same firmware attention as the ET Max which makes me hesitant to go the GT pro route. I like knowing for sure that the ET max can do 66 real speed standing and 72 sitting. Any insight?

Good review. But, I won’t be getting this wheel although I like the specs and overall performance. I like EB wheels as I’m still enjoying my Cpro 50S but, I’m always curiously lurking in the EUC market for something new. The design for this one however, is lacking and I’m not compromising. I demand a better, preferably 3 digit LCD display, water proof IP6/7 ratings, and super Bright headlights. Maybe even some cool lights on the side similar to the ETMax. I’m holding out for the EB commander Max if I do anything more with EB. I’d like a wheel I can ride in mid to upper 50s low 60s without beeping. It Might be too much to ask while also being stable and nimble but, I’m putting it out here hoping they’ll reading. 😂 

Replaced stock tire with 100/90-14 Michelin Pilot Street 2, took the wheel around the block and the GT Pro+ is now extremely nimble, almost scare me how easy it is now to start turning, absolutely effortless.  Took me about 3 hours to do a tire change, longer than usual because I was recording myself along the way, but the tire change process is more or less similar to how you would do on a Commander Mini - Remove left battery pack, change the tire, then put everything back in place, no need to do a complete teardown.

It's midnight here so I'll do a torture test on it tomorrow.

image.png

Edited by Tep
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've been procrastinating on editing but here it finally is. The wheel is built similar to the Commander Mini, so you can remove one side to work on the wheel. Process is pretty easy, except putting gaskets back in place, the gasket were a pain (which is good, you want them to be tight).

However, the battery cables are pretty short, so you might have to remove the battery box entirely, unless you have some way to prop it up vertically. 

80 miles later, really digging the Pilot Street 2, it compliments the weak point of the wheel (weight) and make this wheel felt like 20 lbs lighter. 

Edited by Tep