60mph no longer the unachievable goal for off the shelf eucs....

bpong

airbag

parachute

double redundant controller

waterproof to 100 meters

charging in 15 minutes

tire change possible in 10 minutes

fireproof

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Maybe it is just me, but the recently released new wheels don't seem to be able to live up to their hype.

...or maybe wind resistance plays a slightly bigger part slightly earlier than we thought ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

...or maybe wind resistance plays a slightly bigger part slightly earlier than we thought ?

+1   actually think there was some talk about this in here 1/2 year ago or something, but it didn't catch on with the inveterate "development has just started" fans ;)

He seemed to be REALLY struggling to get those last few mph, in a way that seemed to suggest not that the machine couldn't do more, but that he just couldn't communicate enough ride authority to it to make it do so... he leans about as far forward as he dares on a variously wobbly surface, and I don't think he can get low enough to resist the wind opposing that authority. And he's a bit of a unit. Fairly sure I would have been full on blown off backwards about 10 mph before that ! :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 3

I distinctly remember the feeling of significantly more wind resistance that I had to fight through when I hit my top speed of 61, and that feeling of needing to lean more and push the wheel far more than what I was used to was what limited me. I actually couldn't do it in a standing position because there was too much wind resistance (I'm only 140lb) and I had to tuck into basically my seated riding position to be able to get into the 60s. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Hsiang was really struggling to get to 60 mph indicated inside a tunnel

And if my v13 shook like that at that speed i'd never ride it there again. Totally sketchy after 55mph.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bpong said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7VGZxnZWQg

i dunno what to think now....what will euc reviewers use to further promote future models of eucs ?

Good video! 

Well the Master Pro V3 has already hit 106 km/h or 66mph so I guess they'll just keep releasing more and more powerful and faster wheels as always? People have been talking about reaching the EUC theoretical top speed in this forum since it began, and I can tell y'all that we're nowhere near theoretical top speed.

It's simple. Power vs wind resistance, get enough power = break wind resistance. 

If he had a 200V wheel at the same weight He'd probably hit 70mph easy. 

If he had a 300V wheel he'd probably ride even faster with less effort.

People have been talking about it being too difficult to hit top speed since the Gotway RS HS and that was only 42mph or so before 80% beeps for me. I never found it difficult, but some people take longer to learn to get comfortable, and that's all it's about, being comfortable enough to trust leaning forwards a lot, also I wanna crouch when going for top speed for aerodynamic stability and general control. 

Give one of the speed demons a 400V wheel and watch him break 100mph

Edited by xiiijojjo

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

And if my v13 shook like that at that speed i'd never ride it there again. Totally sketchy after 55mph.

Sketchy alright.  Someone need to figure out whether a different tire would help.

I am losing interest fast in the ET Max.

Other than the bragging rights of saying that your wheel has 168 V, what else is so great about it, performance wise.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Sketchy alright.  Someone need to figure out whether a different tire would help.

I am losing interest fast in the ET Max.

Other than the bragging rights of saying that your wheel has 168 V, what else is so great about it, performance wise.

It's a new level of quality and design for gotway, a step in the right direction, same for how it just works out of the box, no 3rd party pads needed. Also HOT CHARGE PORT!!! All EUCs need this, it's simply too useful to be able to turn your EUC into a powerstation. 

I think 90/90 tire will be a great improvement for a lot of tire-heads on the forum, also a step in the right direction for large, long-distance EUCs. Sadly it doesn't have a long range battery...

But I agree in losing interest... The ET MAX would have been a lot more relevant with a 4500Wh battery. For now I'm waiting for a 168V+ Lynx clone from gotway or a 168V 4500-6000Wh long range beast from gotway. Honestly I was never interested in Inmotion because of the firmware feeling so different, sluggish and delayed compared to gotway/veteran firmware, not a criticism just my personal preference and subjective observation (don't come for me Inmotion fans)

Really I want something like the 2024 version of the RS19, after 5 years without an Msuper model :crying:... The Msuper build just always made the most sense to me, just without plastic shell this time please! 

The RS was my daily driver and even those 28kg was at the upper limit of what I found practical for retaining the ability to do most errands on it, going up and down stair with it in one hand with a cutoff switch in the handle etc. I could tolerate more weight than the 28kg of the RS but I don't know how much I can carry with only the one arm... Maybe 35kg maximum without breaking my back?
If I could get something like the Lynx performance or better/higher voltage, but in the package or an Msuper/RS body type made of magnesium, I'd be a very happy and very broke guy.

Edited by xiiijojjo

3 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

It's a new level of quality and design for gotway, a step in the right direction, same for how it just works out of the box, no 3rd party pads needed. Also HOT CHARGE PORT!!! All EUCs need this, it's simply too useful to be able to turn your EUC into a powerstation. 

Regarding the "hot" charge port, Wrongway and others have been complaining about the danger of shorting. Personally, I will never turn my EUC into a power station.

6 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

It's a new level of quality and design for gotway, a step in the right direction, same for how it just works out of the box, no 3rd party pads needed.

6 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

I think 90/90 tire is be a great improvement for a lot of tire-heads on the forum

Based on the reviews so far, I would prefer the Lynx, and V13 over the ET Max.

9 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

The ET MAX would have been a lot more relevant with a 4500Wh battery. For now I'm waiting for a 168V+ Lynx clone from gotway or a 168V 4500-6000Wh long range beast from gotway.

Not for me. 3000 Wh is enough for me. I just need the manufacturers to get back the same efficiency as the Abrams.

13 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

Honestly I was never interested in Inmotion because of the firmware feeling so different, sluggish and delayed compared to gotway/veteran firmware, not a criticism just my personal preference and subjective observation (don't come for me Inmotion fans)

Interestingly enough, I use soft pedal mode in my wheels. The delay doesn't bother me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Based on the reviews so far, I would prefer the Lynx, and V13 over the ET Max.

agree, if I had to buy something right now it would have to be the Lynx, it's the closest to the hypothetical 2024 RS I described. 

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Interestingly enough, I use soft pedal mode in my wheels. The delay doesn't bother me.

I rode hard mode with Msuper V3 and Tesla V1, and Medium for the RS, will probably have to go soft mode with how heavy wheels are getting.

4 hours ago, Cerbera said:

+1. EUC World or other apps how watts/km. The figures aren't anywhere near as low as one would thinking, given a Model 3 is 140w/km. Human form represents a pretty big slab of material. 

I’ve recently started riding my SS in soft mode with a -6 degree foreword pedal lean.  I’ve been riding hard mode or sometimes medium. A buddy of mine suggested I try the soft and it’s growing on me with a heavier wheel.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

I’ve recently started riding my SS in soft mode with a -6 degree foreword pedal lean.  I’ve been riding hard mode or sometimes medium. A buddy of mine suggested I try the soft and it’s growing on me with a heavier wheel.

not to highjack the thread but

-6 is extreme! And I've tested it with many angles for quite a while with each, give -2 a try, I highly recommend it, and have exclusively been using that setting since 2020, after testing all angles.

Gotway are gonna need a super soft mode if they keep making bigger and bigger wheels.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

I’ve recently started riding my SS in soft mode with a -6 degree foreword pedal lean.

Does that mean it sits there gradually overheating if you lean it against a fence while you take a break ? Guess you'd have to use the spin kill button to avoid that...

Marty just released his unboxing, very first raw initial impression of the Commander GT Pro video.

Another major disappointment.

Basically, it DOA with a possible motor failure.

QC or there lack of, rear its ugly head.

Extreme Bull really doesn't need this. It just can't catch a break.

45 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Marty just released his unboxing, very first raw initial impression of the Commander GT Pro video.

Another major disappointment.

Basically, it DOA with a possible motor failure.

QC or there lack of, rear its ugly head.

Extreme Bull really doesn't need this. It just can't catch a break.

Roger was pretty lucky there hey - taking straight off without helmet on that initial run, only for it to die on him about 2 mins later...

• Like 1

Just now, Cerbera said:

Roger was pretty lucky there hey - taking straight off without helmet on that initial run, only for it to die on him about 2 mins later...

But Roger is quite experienced, skilled and fast thinking. He was able to save himself, and video-document everything to protect himself from blame. :) 

So even if it happened earlier without gear, he may still have been able to escape from injury.

But of course, this kind of thing is hard to predict.

I would agree with you that with such a powerful machine, Extreme Bull reputation (Hot Mess), and a wheel directly sent from China, it does seem quite risky to ride without gear.

Honestly, why can't we work with real speed numbers, rather than these inflated app speeds?

GPS people, lets get it together

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Honestly, why can't we work with real speed numbers

Who really gives an f if it's 65 wheel speed or 60 gps, are we being scored on accuracy? It's beyond me why anyone would even care. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

That is quite a forward lean. I suppose one can get used to it. You find the wheel more responsive?

100% It’s a far more responsive and playful wheel now. It just wants to go now. It felt strange at first, I started at -2 and increased my angle by-2 when I was accustomed to it. 

6 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Does that mean it sits there gradually overheating if you lean it against a fence while you take a break ? Guess you'd have to use the spin kill button to avoid that.

It does want to roll forward on its own now. So I either turn it off or sit on it while taking a break. But I never really leaned it against walls while it was powered on much anyway. 

• Like 2