60mph no longer the unachievable goal for off the shelf eucs....

bpong

Same as @Cerbera  phone on wrist.  Also nice for navigation.  I dont have any alarms set on my wheels.( dont trust the beeper or firmware anyway) Riding by pwm, speed and feeling.

Edited by Robse
wrongspell... ;-)

29 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

See voltage levels / check sag, see how close to safety margin we might be on lesser known gradients, see what time it is... general phone stuff...

I don't think I have ever heard the safety margin beeps, and not sure how they would differ from wheel beeps, so nice to get visual indication. Also I like having stats and weather info read to me as I ride, so phone on wrist very useful for that too...

Set safety margin to 80% (I think 50% was highest?) and you will found out how they sound. :D 

If you have seen voltage sag once on "extreme fun" ride. I think you don't need to check it ever again on "regular type" ride. Without zooming, fast acceleration, etc..

I figure - if i was fine doing all that "crazy" stuff at 50% battery. I will be fine simply riding.. Haven't checked voltage/sag once in 3 years. And i charge my wheel at 50%, so anything bellow doesn't matter to me.

Heck even riding in -20C temps the sag wasn't that low.. I think i simply don't overburden the wheel that much in first place. 

Oh and the wheel voltage was around 73V and lowest it was in that "extreme" ride was 67V. So sag was 6V? I don't know if that's a low or high.. But i figure i'm okay till ~62V, because 60V counts as empty wheel. 

I don't really follow any of that.. After that "extreme" ride. Should i check it regularly? Or am i wrong for thinking like this? If i was fine going 45km/h speeds at 50% battery, zipping left/right. I should be fine simply riding on smooth ground 30-40km/h without any quick movements? (Oh and on that "extreme" ride my safety margin was 13%, first time ever it was that low. - That's why i call it the "extreme" ride. As usually it stays above 25%)

Edited by Funky

Yeah, sag not a massive problem for me either - Master continues to output far more power and speed than I will ever need, regardless of conditions, with such huge margins I am never overly concerned. But you know, humans worry, even when they don't need to and it's nice to be able to look down at something for extra reassurance !

Edited by Cerbera