Key Bascayne Ban

MetricUSA

I’m sure the same people “temporarily ban" any vehicle category which is part of an accident, right?
Double standards.
Their monster cars kill thousands of people -every day-, and thats not even counting indirect deaths through air pollution.

edit: 1.3 million yearly according to the UN, thats 3500 dead every day.

Edited by null
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hmm, I think we are drawing closer to a time when it will be deemed necessary for required training and possible licensing for people on e-bikes. I wish I knew the details of this accident but I would wager that excessive speed and even reckless riding were factors here.

There are pros and cons to making such policy decisions on community level. This kind of reaction to a single incident is certainly a con.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Mono From what I read of the article people were highly upset by this deadly accident. Once a community is sparked in this fashion, it is a uphill battle to contain the damage and honestly I can't hold them at fault, it is their community and their people. They have to do what they feel is right for them. I just wish I had the full details of the incident, I have my suspicions but I'm going out on a limb.

1 hour ago, Roadpower said:

@Mono From what I read of the article people were highly upset by this deadly accident. Once a community is sparked in this fashion, it is a uphill battle to contain the damage and honestly I can't hold them at fault, it is their community and their people. They have to do what they feel is right for them. I just wish I had the full details of the incident, I have my suspicions but I'm going out on a limb.

My understanding: a 12 year old run over an old lady. So then, 12 year olds don't need to have e-bikes, or use them, that seems to me a very agreeable position.