These EUCs are getting too expensive (including the parts)

BKW

3 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

The article mentioned something around $62/kWh IIRC

I suspect this is the production costs?

Just as a reminder, production costs and sales price are only related in that the latter must be larger than the former (except for some shortish time periods). How much larger the sales price is depends solely on demand vs supply, it is entirely independent of the production costs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MetricUSA said:

It's not only price, it is speed, too!!! There are places starting to ban all electric vehicles just because you all can not regulate/control your speed... 

Speed has never killed anyone.. It's our dam fragile bodies that is at fault. The dam tree that hopped out of blue. The dam jaywalkers that cross the street where they should have not. The dam animal running out of forest. That old granny that where taking her sweet time to cross the crosswalk. It isn't speed fault. It's our fault.

It would be same as saying no swimming for a fish. No flying at bird. Down with regulation and stop limiting us!

No need for regulating in first place. Survival of the fittest. We need to decrease our numbers somehow.. Let hippies ride the green dragon and be happy high on drugs. Let the crock rob everyone blind (governments doing fine job already..) Let murder's - murder. Let that chaos flow as it should been intended. Let the world BURN!!! :efef77eaf5:

I would say it's the place that bans said electric vehicles fault, not the ridders. As they can't make up any rules/laws.. And even if they would make suddenly new rules/laws. Do you think people will start to follow what some dipshit/s in seat/s have laid down the very next day? Of course no. People will continue to ride like they have till they have received at least some tickets, afterwards they will start to think twice about breaking the new law/rules that have been put in place. And even then some still will ride like jackasses. We don't live in la-la land..

TL:DR - We are obedient individuals.:efef8189d7: Also new regulations take time, people will not follow them at first.

Edited by Funky

• 2 weeks later...

it is an expensive hobby. The lynx might be my last euc until it actually falls apart. A lot of fun hobbies can be expensive. I'm into guns, hunting, fishing, gaming, and photography. Would hate to drop my nikon 200mm F/2.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to add something. Parts continue to be expensive because there’s only one company that makes that part you don’t have an alternative option and because of that they can charge absurdly high prices. When the EUC market matures more general expenses will come down or should come down after third-party parts are more easily available made by other companies. 

I can only say this for the V11. Parts are not that expensive for it in comparison to most other wheels. That’s because the wheel is extremely popular most people have had a V11 at some point. Parts are everywhere on the market. That has driven the cost of parts down. 

I hear you.  I bought my first EUC way back in the early days for $500.  The second one I bought was the Segway/Ninebot S2 on sale for $399CAD.  Now EUCs seem to average $2,000.  And maybe it's just my perception, but they don't seem to have gotten any more reliable.  In fact it seems they are less reliable now.  Inmotion used to be considered a very safe brand, but today they have quite a lot of electronic failures.  Begode is infamous for its quality problems.  Ninebot have left the scene entirely.  Even some Kingsongs go on fire.  It's not like they cost $2000-5000 now because they are so well built, incredibly safe and are loaded with redundancies.

If I want an Mten3 or Mten 4 it'll cost me $1500-1800CAD.  This is madness to me.  $1,500 buys me a fat tire E-bike with 50km range and no risk of being thrown off due to bad electronics.  Why a Mten3 costs the same is a mystery to me.  It uses a fraction of the materials and takes up barely any space in a shipping container.  I can only imagine it's down to economy of scale; the production numbers being lower, so the cost being higher.  Or EUC manufacturers understand that EUCs are mostly purchased by men with plenty of disposable income, so they keep moving the prices higher.