2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

From where I’m sitting watching YouTube, I can plainly see a lynx, Sherman S, the Falcon and a 16x. The difference between Leaperkim and the other two just by simply looking at them shows who’s the leading company in sheer build quality, and I still haven’t got the L yet. I don’t buy stuff with price in consideration, I buy a product that’ll do what I require, regardless of cost (within reason of course) the only reason I bought the falcon was for wet weather work trips, sure the Leaperkims will manage that, but I’m not risking them, so the falcon is the fall guy. 

image.jpg

16x is just around the corner to the left

Edited by Skampster

16 minutes ago, Skampster said:

Yes, because they are cheaper, not better. Leaperkim imo will be the company that progresses the industry. 

Yup, also nothing better to buy from competitors.. If people want 50lbs or under wheel - we don't have many choices. :( Only Begode. Or 2018 wheel.

I also don't look at price. I would love LK wheel, but they don't make what i want/need. :P 

Edited by Funky

2 hours ago, Funky said:

Yeah - i already said bad shock out of factory maybe.

You live in world where you have bike lanes and are allowed to ride on streets.

(Each country is different) Here we don't have bike lanes (Only in big city) and PEV's are banned on streets.. We are allowed to ride where pedestrians walk. Going 25kph speeds. (Same as those rent e-scooters.. That anyone can rent and ride.) Do i often go faster? Ofc i do, when no-one is around.. Luckily i live in small town and sidewalks are empty most of times. Even on my daily commute to work i see maybe 5 regular people.. < That alone says how free i am to go what ever speeds i want on these sidewalks. 

I regularly go 25-30kph, or even slower, as i don't gear up for my daily ~4km commute. (Only wrist guards) When i go for a fun ride i gear up. Which is rare nowadays.

As Chris said in your great video - Small compact lightweight wheel without suspension is what needed. For these short rides. But same time we want enough speed. And no Mten4/Mten5 Isn't that.

MSX, RS19 wheels with Falcons 900Wh battery, water resistance and still having 18x3" tire and solid/strong axle = Win. (No suspension)

MTEN5 could have achieved this if it had suspension. Without it, hard pass, and we already can guess that the next mten iteration will have suspension. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder

2 minutes ago, Ronin Ryder said:

MTEN5 could have achieved this if it had suspension. Without it, hard pass, and we already can guess that the next mten iteration will have suspension. Let's not even talk about Begode's competition upcoming wheels. 

Mten5 tire is simply way to small.. It's trolley is also bad. 14" with suspension is the smallest i will consider. (At least it's still 16" in diameter.) Otherwise i want bigger diameter wheel without suspension. Bigger diameter - more comfy ride even without suspension. I would gladly take 18" without suspension, instead of 14" with suspension for same amount of weight. But i can imagine most would take 14" and suspension.. Because nowadays EUC and no suspension... Who would ever want a wheel like that. It's so outdated. And bad.. :D 

17 hours ago, Standard4130 said:

Well, got it out on some trails today with the knobby….. 3 total hours worth. I had to cut my riding short because of a blown shock & one of the motor phase wires disconnected from main board…. Ugh. No jumping was involved! Just rooted trails that are bumpy.

All the wetness on the shock photo is Oil…. And FYI, it was still running with the phase wire like this but making horrible grunting/grinding noises like the knobby was rubbing something…. However it was not & the sound was coming from within the motor. Slow hand rolling revealed shuttering which was a dead give away to pull the cover and have a looksie.

IMG_5364.jpeg

IMG_5367.jpeg

Thats interesting it was still running with the wire out, similar to that new Leaperkim Sherman L, where they removed one of the wires and still ran. Just curious is the wheel still rideable with the blown shock?

6 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

One wheel breaking doesn't mean it's bad... I wouldn't go back to non suspension wheels. Of course riding on the sidewalk u can feel safe without suspension, but pevs have nothing to do on the sidewalk with pedestrians. The Falcon is a great bike lane wheel. 

No bike lanes where I live & very few sidewalks, even then the sidewalks we do have are mostly broken up or overgrown. So mixing into traffic is a must & the headroom would be appreciated…. You get it! 

I don’t think it’s a bad wheel through my experiences…. Considering it’s a first batch & the possibility for improvements going forward. My only hope is that publicly expressing these issues, it will be seen & improved upon. If we don’t put out our opinions & issues then they definitely will NOT be noticed or improved upon.

5 minutes ago, kintips said:

Thats interesting it was still running with the wire out, similar to that new Leaperkim Sherman L, where they removed one of the wires and still ran.

Wasn't that a hall sensor wire not a phase wire?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kintips said:

Thats interesting it was still running with the wire out, similar to that new Leaperkim Sherman L, where they removed one of the wires and still ran. Just curious is the wheel still rideable with the blown shock?

If you look closely at the photo’s one phase wire was backed out almost to the point of no contact…. So it may have been intermittently working. I can totally test it by unplugging it fully and securing the wire to the side….

And yes, The wheel is still rideable with the shock blown…. If it looses all the oil it will just be “springy” on that side… Meaning it will loose all its compression & rebound dampening but will still “work”.

Only problem is that makes the opposite side shock take up those duty’s and will probably suffer the same fate soon.

Edited by Standard4130

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Skampster said:

Yes, because they are cheaper, not better. Leaperkim imo will be the company that progresses tuhe industry. 

Actually, it's not only cheaper, but Gotway wheels has motor performance that some people are willing to put up with the rest.

I think Kingsong has the potential to build good riding wheels, too.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2024 at 5:48 PM, Skampster said:

I dont to know why people insist these smaller wheels to go faster. When I cruise around on mine I’m only going 35kmph. It’s built this way for a reason, they are not performance wheels, and were not promised to be so. If I want to go fast, I have two Leaperkims for that. 

In a word: headroom.

The MCM cuts out at 28+mph, so the safe riding speed is around 22-23. Because of the small diameter and available power, you can quickly get into trouble from that relatively low speed. 

So, an upper limit of 35+mph should allow for safe riding into the upper 20s.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Paradox said:

Wasn't that a hall sensor wire not a phase wire?

yes i think you're right it was the hall sensor on the sherman l. But if the falcon can go without a phase wire that's even better lol :D 

@Standard4130 once you reconnected the phase wire did the connection feel tight, or was it looose enough that you could see why it may have disconnected? I.e., do you think it might have not been fully pushed in to start with? Do you think it would be worth wrapping some electrical tape around the wire junction for extra support? 

7 hours ago, the_deeb said:

@Standard4130 once you reconnected the phase wire did the connection feel tight, or was it looose enough that you could see why it may have disconnected? I.e., do you think it might have not been fully pushed in to start with? Do you think it would be worth wrapping some electrical tape around the wire junction for extra support? 

No, it did not feel very tight…. I contacted Jason @ eWheels and have been advised to disconnect & “squeeze/push” the “legs/pedals” of the female connector back towards the center effectively tightening the connector. Making sure the gaps between the slits are as minimal as possible.

Also, He’s sending me a complete shock assembly to fix my shock issue for free under warranty & has told me that he’s working with Begode to make the assemblies or smaller components like the seals available. 

This is great news & amazing customer service 👍🏼 

20 minutes ago, Standard4130 said:

No, it did not feel very tight…. I contacted Jason @ eWheels and have been advised to disconnect & “squeeze/push” the “legs/pedals” of the female connector back towards the center effectively tightening the connector. Making sure the gaps between the slits are as minimal as possible.

And how many times you gonna push/bend the "legs" till they break off? That plug isn't that good by design. Going of curb alone could disconnect a wire.

• Haha 1

One should use a rubber band/zip-tie around each connector or simply one big loop around board.. Holding all those plugs together and not letting them disconnect mid ride.

Or dab of silicone on each plug.. Easily can be cut and plugs disconnected when needed. 

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Funky said:

One should use a rubber band/zip-tie around each connector or simply one big loop around board.. Holding all those plugs together and not letting them disconnect mid ride.

Begode used to use some type of glue all over every type of connector to keep stuff like this from happening but for whatever reason they stopped at some point. I have a feeling it's because reviewers kept complaining that it looked bad and "amateur" but it clearly worked better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

IMG_4044.thumb.png.7068f8d04662fa041b1ff856ea925f6f.pngIMG_4045.thumb.png.db9d6d71ca398803a2c7e535c5664f17.png

52km/h, no beeps is the one perk about being 140lbs

WOW i can't wait to get mine, i weigh as much as you with gear on. Curious what the max speed would actually be though, but i wouldn't want to it to cut out. 

4 minutes ago, kintips said:

WOW i can't wait to get mine, i weigh as much as you with gear on. Curious what the max speed would actually be though, but i wouldn't want to it to cut out. 

19 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

IMG_4044.thumb.png.7068f8d04662fa041b1ff856ea925f6f.pngIMG_4045.thumb.png.db9d6d71ca398803a2c7e535c5664f17.png

52km/h, no beeps is the one perk about being 140lbs

Or you didn't update your wheel to the latest fw update, therefore having false power values returned by the wheel, don't ask me how I know. 😉

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Sad 1

On 1/24/2024 at 7:32 AM, techyiam said:

Begode Falcon 14", 100 V, suspension prototype. 

I hate this channel so much. She should be removed from YouTube. Her channel exists purely as advertising for her onlyfans and she's not even trying to cover that up. The message front and center on her channel is funneling you to her onlyfans. Everyone should be reporting her to get her off youtube as far as I'm concerned. What a joke.

11 minutes ago, greekanadian said:

I hate this channel so much. She should be removed from YouTube. Her channel exists purely as advertising for her onlyfans and she's not even trying to cover that up. The message front and center on her channel is funneling you to her onlyfans. Everyone should be reporting her to get her off youtube as far as I'm concerned. What a joke.

But she rides her wheel better than estimated 25% of the users in here, so......  stop looking at that channel and be happy ;)

• Upvote 2