2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

1 minute ago, Cam said:

Sounds cool to me as I'm ogling the falcon, but 900Wh VS 1500Wh? They must have had a different ride style..

It's already know fact that S16 chugs it's battery.. Where falcon more or less simply sips it's.

Helps that Falcon has weaker motor and less speed. Also slower overall ride.

10 minutes ago, Funky said:

What update?

Kingsong hasn't made an official announcement yet, but upgrading from Molicel P42A to Samsung 50S is the most obvious change - which should increase the usable range while maintaining low sag. Hopefully there are other improvements as well (MOSFETS).

The previous bump from S18 to S18 Pro involved moving to a hollow-bore motor, tweaks to the suspension and upgrading cells from LG M50LT to Molicel P42A. Unfortunately this also meant a 7 lb weight increase.

Because the Falcon and S18 Pro are the same height and weight, it will be interesting to compare things like suspension feel, range, ergonomics and zippyness.

At this point in time of 2024 I refuse to trust Kingsong software anymore so I’d be hesitant to expect any of their 50s offerings to function properly out of the box. 

31 minutes ago, Cam said:

Sounds cool to me as I'm ogling the falcon, but 900Wh VS 1500Wh? They must have had a different ride style..

From a full charge my S16 pro (140lb rider) would barely make it to 20 miles of range before max speed alarms (set to 35) kick in at 27-28mph at 25-30% battery. On the flipside my 18XL has 65-70% left in the same distance, so I do believe Falcon can best the pro in realworld use. Controller optimization is more important than battery and motor size.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

Kingsong hasn't made an official announcement yet, but upgrading from Molicel P42A to Samsung 50S is the most obvious change - which should increase the usable range while maintaining low sag. Hopefully there are other improvements as well (MOSFETS).

The previous bump from S18 to S18 Pro involved moving to a hollow-bore motor, tweaks to the suspension and upgrading cells from LG M50LT to Molicel P42A. Unfortunately this also meant a 7 lb weight increase.

Because the Falcon and S18 Pro are the same height and weight, it will be interesting to compare things like suspension feel, range, ergonomics and zippyness.

Yeah knew about motor. Props S18 for going 50S.. But it won't change that horrible suspension (At least from what i have heard people talking, etc..) and that open design..

On paper S18 looks so much better in all way aside of zippiness. But going by real world standards Falcon beats it by quite a margin.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Funky said:

But it won't change that horrible suspension (At least from what i have heard people talking, etc..)

Now that's just false. Latest S18 models (hollow motor) are very well built in terms of suspension. I work in a repair shop, and I had a chance to work on such a wheel - I was pleasantly surprised how good it is. Nothing flops around, everything moves with ease, no obvious problems, etc. It's now a very well built machine

Edited by Voltangle

6 hours ago, Voltangle said:

Now that's just false. Latest S18 models (hollow motor) are very well built in terms of suspension. I work in a repair shop, and I had a chance to work on such a wheel - I was pleasantly surprised how good it is. Nothing flops around, everything moves with ease, no obvious problems, etc. It's now a very well built machine

Idk why, but i somehow doubt that.. Maybe you worked on new wheel? Not a 1-3 year old.

17 hours ago, slippyfeet said:

FWIW, I had a brief chat with 2cells1pack and they stated they’re getting more range with the falcon than the S16pro.

I guess my beliefs that KS has one of the best Wh/km efficiency marks are now fully shattered

I already were skeptical of my beliefs, but now they're gone

If KS can't get more range with 1500Wh batteries compared to a 900Wh wheel, then they done fucked up

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Funky said:

Idk why, but i somehow doubt that.. Maybe you worked on new wheel? Not a 1-3 year old.

Yes, as I said, I worked on the latest model. Yes, older version with a classic axle is garbage and very hard to do right, but that does not void the fact that the latest is very good and is a very good contender for an 18L replacement

Edited by Voltangle
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Oliver Gould said:

Hmm, going to have to figure out a fairing plate solution it seems. I'm sure the stock pads are okay, but I want to throw my small Grizzla pads on there and don't want to leave the suspension exposed. Would be nice if they included one in the future.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks, @Jason McNeil!

I think that was a fair compromise for sure. I'm really glad there's Velcro underneath, and the stock pads may work perfectly fine for me.
Plus, there's a lot of added value for new riders with stock pads being included!

If the batch one stock pads are uncomfortable I may look into the redesigned ones if they can be purchased separately in the future. I like the added protection the stock pads provide for the trolly handle/front handle.

Edited by theDirtyMagician

20 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

We'll also be assessing if we can simply cut-away some of the excess material from those projections

I was imagining myself cutting the front of the pads that cover the protruding bumper, or at least sculpt something comparable out of yoga blocks. The metal bumper seems like a safety hazard for carrying, and when accidentally letting it tip over.

If the padding that covers the bumper were to be easily or already separated from the rest of the pads that'd be great for a wide set of riders who want to experiment with pad setups!

2 hours ago, theDirtyMagician said:

Hmm, going to have to figure out a fairing plate solution it seems... and don't want to leave the suspension exposed. Would be nice if they included one in the future.

Don't forget the suspension is exposed on the inside. Dirt bikes shocks/forks are far more exposed and they survive. I suppose having your calf against the spring may be an issue but it would be easy to cover with something with those predrilled holes in the cases. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

For sure. We'll also be assessing if we can simply cut-away some of the excess material from those projections, if it's a solid blob of material, & if so, make a tutorial video, until the new panels arriving a couple months—they need to recast the mold. 

Just to be clear.. Future "Falcon" batches/manufacturing units may have different pads?

I'm one of those guys who will use what's stock on wheel or remove pads completely. Or cut annoying parts off.. (May add smooth plate to cover the suspension and ride like that, maybe add "baby" bumpers for softer sides..)

Most annoying part for sure is that suspension spring, when pads are removed.. One needs to add smooth aluminum plate, or plastic panel.. (Thankfully it has so many screw holes all round battery boxes.)

Initial round of Falcons in the US due to be cleared to ship out at the end of this week, or early next week :thumbup: 
I always found it funny how EUCs pass me on a boat over 2 weeks just to be put back onto another boat for another week trip in the direction it came to arrive at my dock

Edited by slippyfeet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1