2024 New EUCs - V13Pro, V12Pro, E20S, V18, E25, P6

Merkyu Kyu Kyu

2 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

if I remember the specs correctly that thing has a 2.700Wh battery but weighs exactly as much as a Sherman L with a 4.000Wh battery.  The F22 is already dead in the water

Not to me. I don’t care about weight (I own a V13), and anything near 3 kWh is enough for me. If it ends up being a better design that’s what I care about. 

Placing the forks on the corners allows the e-wheel to be thinner between your legs (at least in theory). It also simplifies the battery by requiring just 2 packs instead of the usual 4 pack design with center mounted forks. The packs are also extra protected from crashes, with the forks acting like a roll cage from all angles. I’m eager to see how it turns out.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

On 8/31/2024 at 9:35 PM, WheelGoodTime said:

This same photo was leaked a day or two by someone in this thread, then it was deleted by an admin.

For the record, we mods wouldn't just remove a post like this. People can "hide" (= remove) their own posts, though, for whatever reason they may have. But we are certainly not the leak police or validity police or anything like that!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

For the record, we mods wouldn't just remove a post like this. People can "hide" (= remove) their own posts, though, for whatever reason they may have. But we are certainly not the leak police or validity police or anything like that!

Thanks for clearing that up. Apologies for saying that it was deleted by mods/admin. I am guessing that the OP deleted his own post.

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Funky said:

Doesn't transparent plastic get whitish, gray over years? 

I never viewed myself as transparent but now I know my grey/whitish look isn't my fault at least 😜

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Nostris said:

But does everyone ‘ out grow ‘ a wheel?  Different wheels excel at different jobs, and for some..myself included..there will always be a need for a V8/V10..KS 14/14/18 type wheel. I like both my wheels, but the old V8 is a keeper..it’s just so useful, reliable and easy..for taking the garbage out ( 2 Kms for me ) running errands, shopping, dog walking etc.. if I want to go faster or further, or trail riding, I’ll take something else. A bigger, heavier wheel, simply isn’t as easy to live with for many people. In the same way..it’s easier to pop to the shops on a Piaggio scooter than to go with the GSX-R 

Not everyone can afford multiple wheels, at the level that me and my friends are riding, if we meet someone new who's interesting and potentially wants to join us on group rides in our local community it would be irresponsible of us to recommend a small wheel that wouldn't be able to (eventually when the person knows how to ride properly) keep up with the group in terms of speed and/or range, we already know how frustrated a small wheels owner will be, of course we mention smaller and cheaper options exist so that the person can make their own informed decisions but most people we stumble up on see how we are riding and what we are riding on and is interested in that and not something else.

• Like 2

Even if wheel costed only 1000$. Most people that just ask out of curiosity would be surprised. (At least in my country ~1000€ is monthly wage around these parts.) Not to mention wheel that cost well over 3000$. Most would add bit and buy a cheap car for that price. If you find a real person, who actually can afford to throw down 3000$ like it's nothing - that's different story. 

Also you need to recommend using gear. That's extra 300-1000$ on top of that. (Looking what you gonna buy. Only helmet, some guards. Or full body armor.)

Solo commuting and simply riding - any wheel gonna do just fine. I personally wanted to ride 35kph speeds. So naturally i bought according wheel. 2000$ wasn't much in my eyes, as i would have kept that wheel for many years.. But for some who live from paycheck to paycheck - Mentioning these prices would be shocking.

I always ask what speeds they wanna ride. Then follow saying prices. And watch how their faces go from smiling to not so bright anymore. :D Ofc i mention the cheaper models also.. When i say some wheels cost 4000$ - They are really surprised. (At witch point i start to hold onto my wheel little bit stronger.. Just in case they get some ideas..) :D 

Edited by Funky

On 9/2/2024 at 10:43 AM, kintips said:

Remember everyone hated the orange color (i personally don't care, the s16pro looks awesome with that color), i can see why inmotion decided to stop the orange. But now its all grey. I want them to make one TRANSPARENT!!

the late 90's tech trend of making electronics out of clear plastic still reigns in my mind lol

2 hours ago, Funky said:

Even if wheel costed only 1000$. Most people that just ask out of curiosity would be surprised. (At least in my country ~1000€ is monthly wage around these parts.) Not to mention wheel that cost well over 3000$. Most would add bit and buy a cheap car for that price. If you find a real person, who actually can afford to throw down 3000$ like it's nothing - that's different story. 

Also you need to recommend using gear. That's extra 300-1000$ on top of that. (Looking what you gonna buy. Only helmet, some guards. Or full body armor.)

Solo commuting and simply riding - any wheel gonna do just fine. I personally wanted to ride 35kph speeds. So naturally i bought according wheel. 2000$ wasn't much in my eyes, as i would have kept that wheel for many years.. But for some who live from paycheck to paycheck - Mentioning these prices would be shocking.

I always ask what speeds they wanna ride. Then follow saying prices. And watch how their faces go from smiling to not so bright anymore. :D Ofc i mention the cheaper models also.. When i say some wheels cost 4000$ - They are really surprised. (At witch point i start to hold onto my wheel little bit stronger.. Just in case they get some ideas..) :D 

People say that 4k is too much for a vehicle and then go sign the next 5 years away for a car payment lol

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

People say that 4k is too much for a vehicle and then go sign the next 5 years away for a car payment lol

For some people, probably a vast majority 4K is too much to spend on an EUC, but we have no idea what this wheel or its specs will be, we only have a render of what might be this wheel or could be fanart or anything else because we don't have any sources, so why tilt at windmills. 

Edited by Oliver Gould

19 hours ago, onewheelkoregro said:

You cannot really compare a "safe", globally legalized and normalized vehicle as a car that is required for families to exist in most places with an EUC ("sports equipment" as it's often called in our country), which is initially a fun toy and only works for a single person, limited distances, countries, cities and roads.

You can definitely get a reliable enough car for 4k and sort out family needs, which EUC won't. If anything, those two probably collide if kids are involved. 

I'm not talking about situations where ppl buy brand new "cool" cars to compensate and then need to eat Dirt&Rock for dinner, ofc. 

• Like 2

Comparison to cars is ludicrous. I shouldn't even be writing this.

How 'bout you try to spend a night (in a blizzard) in your EUC and come back then?

Edited by mmk

Complaining is fun. :)

If you can call that complaining.. More like calling out (bullshit) things that don't work and should have been done differently. (And most people deep down know i'm right. They just don't wanna acknowledge it. :efee8319ab:) But hey, if people like keep buying subpar wheels. I won't deny them that pleasure.

It has been proven over many times that some random guy - can build better wheel out of their garage.. Where some bigger company, with actual engineers on payroll can't even get handle/trolley done right. Same for interface placement on some of these wheels. :D Ofc followed by many smaller flaws.. Which user fixes themselves.

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mmk said:

Comparison to cars is ludicrous. I shouldn't even be writing this.

Yup.. One is toy and other is an actual proven vehicle by whole world population. Yet they cost almost the same. :D You get why we were comparing both right? Price.

Edited by Funky

Sure I get that, no worries. Economy of volume.

If we made one tenth as many euc as cars we'd be getting our eucs for free in the cereal boxes.

Agree, complainig is fun, as is complaining about complaining. Just funnin'

Edited by mmk