Buying EUC in EU online - poll

MartE

Buying EUC in EU online  

5 members have voted

1. 1. When buying your unicycle in Europe online, what do you consider most decisive, when choosing which store you buy it from? (assuming the prices being the same)

• Shipping cost/free shipping
    • Free waterproofing
    • Extended warranty (+1year)

I'd say just being serious about stock availability and respecting the legal warranty would already be nice and above average. The difficulty might be to gain that trust and reputation. Offering weather protection sounds good, but it seems difficult to me to do it for free, as it can be quite a bit of work. At a reasonable price and specify what is done could be nice already.

the guarantee seems essential to me, before delivery. It must be transferable to the second owner after a sale of the euc. Then delivery times must be guaranteed, because delays between an order and delivery are too frequent, without any rebate without credit. During the warranty it would be necessary to inform the owner who returned his euc, to write down the text of the repair work carried out, and to lend a replacement euc for four months of work.

Bit of a strange list.

The warranty comes from the manufacturer.

The most important thing in a reseller is their reputation, how communicative they are, how service minded they are and how much they will actually help you with you warranty claims when needed.

5 hours ago, Mono said:

Isn't the legal warranty time in the EU 2 years? That is, +1 year would be 3 years?

You can forget about this in practice, consumer rights and protection in electric unicycle market is not great, hence why buying from a reputable dealer is important.

• Upvote 1

What @Rawnei said. Weird list.

Shipping cost can be baked into the price, the final cost matters. And warranty should be respected anyway. Advertising +1 year seems fishy. As in being proud of not breaking the law. And waterproofing should come from the manufacturer and water damage from using the item as intended should be covered by warranty. It’s a gimmick unless selling old Begodes or 16X. 

What matters to me is overall service and how the shop handles warranty claims. Good availability and fast shipping is also important. Too many shops put in order from China after they get money from customer and then you wait 4-5 weeks. 

7 hours ago, Mono said:

Isn't the legal warranty time in the EU 2 years? That is, +1 year would be 3 years?

Battery had 6 months or 2000km riding warranty. Rest EUC had 2 years. At least for my local walk-in store, where i bought my wheel. Doh same time the seller gave me 150$ discount vs what the shop/online-shop price was.

You just have to ask, if discount is available. :D