Gotway bad customer support

Hi all,

I just wanted to share my experience with Gotway in order to make others aware of what risk you might be taking when buying a wheel from them.

I had the wheel for approximately 6 months when I got problems with the power and range of my wheel (it's MCM2 340wh). It was suspected that a cell in the battery had become bad so I asked for some suggestions what to do in order to solve this. The response I got repeatedly was "your wheel is out of warranty" and that's it. The wheel has 1 year warranty and the battery 6 months so I was a few days out of warranty when I started getting problems (if the problem is with the battery that is). This doesn't really matter since I never asked them to repair it under warranty. I asked  what options I got in order to solve this so I can use my wheel again. No matter what I write I just get a oneliner back saying "your wheel is out of warranty". It's ridiculous!

So at the moment my now ~8 months old wheel is just an expensive pile of junk. :( 

I also have a KingSong 14" which is working great, I haven't had the need to get support from them so I can't say much about that part but I doubt it can be worse than Gotway. In my opinion the KingSong is at least as nice as Gotway so I would recommend choosing KingSong instead to avoid ending up with a worthless wheel after just 6 months.

It shouldn't be too difficult to replace battery pack. One of reasons why I've recently purchased Gotway MCM4 was that there are dissasembly/assembly videos on youtube .

how to open GotWay MCM4 shell

If you don't feel like replacing battery pack youself, I'm sure you'll easily find someone, who will help you to get rid of the "expensive pile of junk" . 

Thanks for your reply mich!

Yes, it's possible to replace the battery pack but Gotway won't sell me a new one so I would have to get it some other way. The point with my post was more to show not to expect too much from Gotway if you get problems with your wheel. This is my experience and others might have different experiences, I think it's good to share this kind of information to help potential buyers make their own conclusions and buying decisions. :)

Aloha,

Sorry to hear your experience has been so bad. I distribute Gotway MSupers and have had to deal with them on a few occasions for different issues on behalf of my customers. I would say they can be slow (for one customer, awfully slow) but I never felt they ignored my customers or their issues ranging from battery to shells. I don't want to speak on behalf of my customers so I won't make any absolute statements. Who at Gotway were you dealing with?

Hi John,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you have had a better experience than I've had, maybe you get treated differently if you're a distributor? Yes they are slow and I had to send several reminders but I can accept that, a much larger problem is that it was impossible have a dialog with them since this person would only respond with one-liners no matter what I wrote. I would prefer not to name any individuals, but it's a person who is representing the company and has been active on this forum and on their facebook page as well. Do you have any other contact you can recommend? I don't mind giving them a second chance. :) 

42 minutes ago, Aloha said:

Hi John,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you have had a better experience than I've had, maybe you get treated differently if you're a distributor? Yes they are slow and I had to send several reminders but I can accept that, a much larger problem is that it was impossible have a dialog with them since this person would only respond with one-liners no matter what I wrote. I would prefer not to name any individuals, but it's a person who is representing the company and has been active on this forum and on their facebook page as well. Do you have any other contact you can recommend? I don't mind giving them a second chance. :) 

Get in contact with @Jane Mo over here. She' s from Gotway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2016 at 2:11 PM, Aloha said:

I also have a KingSong 14" which is working great, I haven't had the need to get support from them so I can't say much about that part but I doubt it can be worse than Gotway.

Cross you fingers that you won't have problems with your KS14, because from my experience I doubt you will get different customer care approach.

You can have a look here:

Archived