Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

13 hours ago, Rawnei said:

That is not true at all, plenty of Begode wheels have the motor bolts becoming loose.

I thought we were talking about bolts being torqued out of spec not loose bolts which is a totally different issue. Bottom line is nearly all wheels have issues of some sort that need highlighting to make us aware of so we can mitigate them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

It's the same thing, that is why the bolts come loose most of the time because they weren't torqued which was my point

Ah I get you. This is my misunderstanding. You think the flex is due to loose bolts. So the riders who have experience of, or own other wheels only ever under torque their Leaperkim wheels and not their other ones. I wonder why this happens? or maybe they only notice it on Leaperkim wheels? Very strange. But the consensus is the Lynx et al are in majority a very good, stable wheel and don't really suffer these issues. So all good. 

11 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

You think the flex is due to loose bolts.

I don't think it is as simple as that.

When Brian first showed that Rogers's Lynx flexes too, Roger was surprised, 

In the Sherman-L tire change video, although it was in fast forward playback speed, we can still see Roger uses a T-handle to finish off the tightening of the screws and bolts. I believe Roger thought he had the Lynx's fasteners all securely tightened, as he usually does. 

I am not convinced Rogers's Lynx would stop flexing in the chassis flex test, even though the said bolts are re-tightened to proper specs now.

Perhaps Roger wasn't initially aware that some of the Lynx's bolts required above average tightening torque. And so, the damage has been already done.

In Rogers's video, he seems to believe the flexing is primarily due to the design.

But that can't be it because in Sweden, there are a bunch that don't flex. 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Dunno if you jest or not but you can see many people in this thread saying theirs don't flex and they are not from Sweden.

You can also read the comments on Rogers video people saying the same thing.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Dunno if you jest or not but you can see many people in this thread saying theirs don't flex and they are not from Sweden.

You can also read the comments on Rogers video people saying the same thing.

No, you are quite right.

I am aware that there have been owners saying that theirs don't flex in different parts of the world, especially when the wheels are new and untouched.

So yeah, I am guilty. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

How is everyone liking their Lynx? I have a Master Pro, and recently picked up a used V14. I found I really enjoy the V14, I just find the range a tiny bit sucky, and also wish it was faster on the top end. I’m constantly hitting tilt back. I am considering the Lynx and the ET Max. I understand the ET Max is not much lighter than my Pro, but probably a lot more stable than the Lynx. The suspension and weight on the Lynx, along with its high top speed are attractive. 
 I’m sure there might be a little bias in this thread, but what’s your honest opinion between the two?

14 minutes ago, MichaelMcEntire said:

I understand the ET Max is not much lighter than my Pro, but probably a lot more stable than the Lynx.

This is slowly becoming a meme, Lynx is not unstable, unstable riders need to practice more.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

This is slowly becoming a meme, Lynx is not unstable, unstable riders need to practice more.

or its just the crap street tire that came with the original batches.

There is (on mine at least) and huge difference in wobbles and such based off tire inflation.

At 26 psi and under I can ride 40 mph+ no issues. at 30 psi it would start to wobble around 28-30 mph. The higher the psi the worse it gets. these are throw you off the euc fast type wobbles. 

I just ordered the TNT J-2306 tire last night and cant wait to trash the original tire.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ryan5508 said:

There is (on mine at least) and huge difference in wobbles and such based off tire inflation.

At 26 psi and under I can ride 40 mph+ no issues. at 30 psi it would start to wobble around 28-30 mph. The higher the psi the worse it gets. these are throw you off the euc fast type wobbles. 

I just ordered the TNT J-2306 tire last night and cant wait to trash the original tire.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the TNT tire once you have it installed! I'm still debating which tire to buy.

10 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

This clears it all up, now with added flex...its a feature! 

Lol, what comes next? They will add it into the spec sheet, instead of making a workaround ?:D  I would be terrified if I heard a tyre hitting a shell on hard carving. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ryan5508 said:

Is TNT tyre manufacturer good ? I dont hear about them in EU. A lot of ppl get it, not sure why.

17 hours ago, techyiam said:

In the Sherman-L tire change video, although it was in fast forward playback speed, we can still see Roger uses a T-handle to finish off the tightening of the screws and bolts. I believe Roger thought he had the Lynx's fasteners all securely tightened, as he usually does. 

I am not convinced Rogers's Lynx would stop flexing in the chassis flex test, even though the said bolts are re-tightened to proper specs now.

Perhaps Roger wasn't initially aware that some of the Lynx's bolts required above average tightening torque. And so, the damage has been already done.

In Rogers's video, he seems to believe the flexing is primarily due to the design.

Did he state that he retorqued the bolts according to spec? Cause if he didn't I don't think his hand can act as an accurate torque wrench that can feel exactly when it hits 15nm, or was it 18nm for the motor bolts. Not sure, but either way, you cant tell it by hand, period.

I say this cause I have minimal flex on the Sherman S (a little flex is always there, if you twist it hard enough) and I have never taken the suspension stanchions off, aka the bolts are at stock torque. Which seems to be enough, but I can't say for sure since I haven't measured it myself, aka my own findings don't really matter in this case cause I can't prove that the bolts are up to spec, I can only prove that mine does not have a lot of movement that would affect the wheel handling or cause any friction between the motor cover and the battery covers

16 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

This clears it all up, now with added flex...its a feature! 

Yes that is the same Sherman L which had the tire change done on a video. No torque wrench in sight so they have no idea if its even close to spec or not. Highly doubt they tore it down again and checked it out, but I welcome any proof to be proven wrong.

I mean they can do whatever they like on their wheels, but unless they torque the bolts to spec and then test if it flexes, I don't really think their opinion or results matter in this situation. Oh you torqued them by feeling and it flexes? Then you state that it is an intended feature? Why should I believe you since I have no idea if your bolts are even close to spec or not?

I think that someone should already put this fucking stupid debate to rest. Tear down their wheel, film them using a torque wrench on all the bolts with them torqued to spec, then do the flex test. It is absolutely futile to try to prove something without showing any absolute proof that your bolts are properly torqued. I don't really even care about the end result, if it still flexes and the motor cover rubs against the battery cases during high speed turns or carving, then absolutely yes, it is something that should not happen and should be addressed by LK.

Cause so far all I have seen is speculation without any proof. It's an useless debate if people just use their own opinions against each other when this could simply be tested with proof.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Not everyone is going to have the same experience on every product. This goes for literally everything. 

Yes, and it's not the same thing as McDonald's vs Burger King or Pepsi vs Coke. Leaper Kim vs Begode is more like Craftsman (tools known for quality) vs HYPER TOUGH (a generic tool that breaks easy marketed through Walmart)

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

Except for the fact that literally every other wheel does not need everything torqued exactly to spec to avoid having the kind of flex play these wheels seem to have.

Sure they do, not for flexing but for other symptoms, I already mentioned in this thread that motor bolts coming loose on Begode wheels is a very common symptom, most likely due to bolts not being torqued.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Duccen said:

.. And don't forget to use Loctite or similar thread lock for metal and metal screw joints.

This. Proper torque ensures that they are tight enough, loctite ensures they stay tight enough. Without loctite they might loosen overtime, which can also lead to the flex.

It’s kinda insane that people even suggest that other wheels can be torqued to whatever spec you want and its fine as is. I mean sure it works and stays together if you put loctite, but still, issues might pop up which wouldn’t otherwise. It takes literal seconds to make sure a bolt is properly torqued, but I guess people can do as they want.

Edited by Anthraksi
  • Like 2

I'm pretty sure the flex comes from the suspension stanchions. The motor is connected directly to the end of them and they are a moving part, plus it's long, so moving the motor left and right would naturally bend the stanchions. nothing would help with the flex.

Edited by Critzlez
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Critzlez said:

I'm pretty sure the flex comes from the suspension stanchions. The motor is connected directly to the end of them and they are a moving part, plus it's long, so moving the motor left and right would naturally bend the stanchions. nothing would help with the flex.

But, some owners are claiming theirs don't flex.