Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

54 minutes ago, WILSONEUC said:

if aanyone is selling 62lb progressive spring assembly pair,  new , ready to ship in USA, let me know :p 

Ewheels sells them

• Upvote 1

getting excited with an anticipated shipping date of wednesday, so watching chooch rip it around impressvely.

did a screen shot of his right foot.

07692107-2F6A-4064-B335-686CF03AAA57.jpeg.5901acebd16d94a165c533acd42b7b64.jpeg

11 hours ago, peytole said:

To adjust the mudguard, I used a pétanque ball and a heat gun.  I heated and passed the ball, pressing to slightly separate the sides of the mudguard.  after putting the mudguard back together, I fine-tuned the fit by heating it to give the correct curvature.

You should make a video or take photos of this process. 😅

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, peytole said:

I weigh like you and am 66lbs. It's perfect for me with a preload of 25mm, just 1 ring. I rode a 244 tubeless, of course you have to shave 1mm off each side and heat the mudguard a little to give it the right shape. The wheel is nicer and more maneuverable than with the Kenda. I think the lynx is fantastic. For the stairs, I don't lift her, she knows how to climb by holding her on the handles. But putting it in a car trunk I take it by the front handle and the crutch or a nylonove pedal.

After much adjustment with non opposing screws... my mudguard is far more centered over the 244 than the street tire was. It does not appear to rub at all although I've yet to ride it. I've only clipped all hairs and didn't shave any knobs. Are you not riding up stairs? That's part of the reason I'm doing the 244.

Edited by joyrider

18 hours ago, WILSONEUC said:

*I may consider inquiring about ordering the 62lb (which are on my Patton and Sherman S), or take a chance and get the one in between.

I received the 62lb suspension.

I weigh 180lb.

I have bounced up and down as hard as I can, and have done some small jumps and have not bottomed out.

No preload at all. Perfect sag with no preload adjustment.

• Like 1

I ride mine 70lb 50e lynx with no preload and 15 mm sag with mine 185 lb ass. Max slow rebound. To make it more comfortable I recommend to lower tyre pressure. Kenda seems to be surprisingly stable.

After 250 km I already feel the suspension to loosening up and becoming more comfortable/soft. feels like first gen of s20. I will give it at least 1k km before getting 66lb. 

So far Lynx is not a perfect wheel, but it is so fun to ride fast. The algorithm feels less powerful/responsive than begode, but the wheel feels more stable/predictable than other wheels I had. 

Veteran should make 22 inch cruiser on 151v with 3600wh as sherman S replacment. 

Edited by daniel1234
  • Like 1

I really want a 74lb spring.   70 with max preload and I only just get 30mm of sag,   and I know its going to loosen up too.

Agree on the algorithm,   needs a little work.    Also the app doesn't match what I see on the speedo,  and the battery range/bars are not even close to accurate.    Both of those things are annoying.     I'm just ordering up a wifi wall socket so I can measure the wh for a charge,  to get a better idea of the wh/km.     

I've seen 58km/hr on the speedo,   with GPS seeing max 53km,  and the app saying I had a max speed of 49.8km...    Pretty crappy that.    

Loving the wheel though.    As you say,  so much fun to ride fast (even if my fast isn't as fast as y'all's fast).

14 hours ago, peytole said:

I weigh like you and am 66lbs. It's perfect for me with a preload of 25mm, just 1 ring. I rode a 244 tubeless, of course you have to shave 1mm off each side and heat the mudguard a little to give it the right shape. The wheel is nicer and more maneuverable than with the Kenda. I think the lynx is fantastic. For the stairs, I don't lift her, she knows how to climb by holding her on the handles. But putting it in a car trunk I take it by the front handle and the crutch or a nylonove pedal.

1 ring showing or 1 ring tightened? Wouldn't the front handle & kickstand bar be easier to lift into trunk?

34 minutes ago, joyrider said:

1 ring showing or 1 ring tightened? Wouldn't the front handle & kickstand bar be easier to lift into trunk?

1 ring tightened. Yes of course, it's more easier by kick stand, but it is also possible to take it by the pedals in certain cases.

Edited by peytole
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, t0me said:

I really want a 74lb spring.   70 with max preload and I only just get 30mm of sag,   and I know its going to loosen up too.

Agree on the algorithm,   needs a little work.    Also the app doesn't match what I see on the speedo,  and the battery range/bars are not even close to accurate.    Both of those things are annoying.     I'm just ordering up a wifi wall socket so I can measure the wh for a charge,  to get a better idea of the wh/km.     

I've seen 58km/hr on the speedo,   with GPS seeing max 53km,  and the app saying I had a max speed of 49.8km...    Pretty crappy that.    

Loving the wheel though.    As you say,  so much fun to ride fast (even if my fast isn't as fast as y'all's fast).

Speed correction is around -5%, max GPS speed I've achieved so far is 63kmh but I'm heavy and no daredevil.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Speed correction is around -5%, max GPS speed I've achieved so far is 63kmh but I'm heavy and no daredevil.

Have you gone faster on your S22 and your Sherman S?

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Have you gone faster on your S22 and your Sherman S?

Yes.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, onkeldanuel said:

I did some tuning to my 70lb Suspension as shown on the pictures.

I changed the oil- and dust seals to skf and as i wanted to try it out i also swapped the Forkoil to the 2nd-softest available on the market (7CST) for compression side and 22CST for rebound side.

In Addition i only filled 110ml on both sides (stock was about 150ml, lost some drops on the ground before it got into the measuring-cup lol)

Now i dont tested much yet,  but my initial feel:

its Butter....

My Sag now (without preload and 0 comp,  7 Rebound):

21,5mm (24%) 

Tested this with 180lbs (without my gear)

Seams really good for my liking , since i want also to jump and harder offroad, only occasonally streets

Will see 

20240304_111318.jpg

20240304_111307.jpg

What reference of SKF seals did you use?

2 minutes ago, psEUCdonym said:

What reference of SKF seals did you use?

SKF Showa 37mm.

• Like 1

Did you need a compressor to get the spring back in?
Was there opportunity to add preload old school like (spacer,  either dowel or pipe is what we used to use on old motorbikes)?
Looks like you could dismantle to refill or respring the shock - without removing it...?

1 hour ago, t0me said:

Did you need a compressor to get the spring back in?
Was there opportunity to add preload old school like (spacer,  either dowel or pipe is what we used to use on old motorbikes)?
Looks like you could dismantle to refill or respring the shock - without removing it...?

If you want to change seals no need to remove the spring, it comes out with the assembly, it's very easy to take apart to change oil and seal and put it back together.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

If you want to change seals no need to remove the spring, it comes out with the assembly, it's very easy to take apart to change oil and seal and put it back together.

Yeah only thing which is always hard for me is to get the stock Oilseals out, they are pretty pressed in. Heated up the Shockhousing and then it worked out with a long tire lever which fits perfekt in the Gap beneath the seal...

Sadly i didnt measure the sag before my changes but i felt subjective to me and also seems to be that the changes in Oilweight and -amount increased my sag also....

On the last posts there were mentioned that riders within similar weight range got 15-18mm of sag on the 70lbs version without preload/comp...(but the 15mm with full slow rebound)

For me its now a little over 23mm with rebound in the middle (180lbs weight)

Edit: i measured again super accurate to be sure and it turnes out to be 23,5 mm sag with 180lbs weight on the 70lbs Suspension, 

So perfect 26% sag 

Edited by onkeldanuel

20 hours ago, onkeldanuel said:

I did some tuning to my 70lb Suspension as shown on the pictures.

I changed the oil- and dust seals to skf and as i wanted to try it out i also swapped the Forkoil to the 2nd-softest available on the market (7CST) for compression side and 22CST for rebound side.

• So you are using two different viscosity of oils ?

I can see you are using SAE 4W - thinking about doing same with viscosity of SAE 2,5W. Your mod giving me hope that suspension is more tunable !
    I still having rebound on max slow - I hope it will even slow rebound down more. 

51 minutes ago, daniel1234 said:
  • So you are using two different viscosity of oils ?

I can see you are using SAE 4W - thinking about doing same with viscosity of SAE 2,5W. Your mod giving me hope that suspension is more tunable !
    I still having rebound on max slow - I hope it will even slow rebound down more. 

Yeah absolutely , its no problem to use different viscositys, because the 2 legs are operating different Action (comp/rebound) (i used 7cst/2,5w for comp side and 22cst/5wt for rebound)

Dont rely on the wt ratings of the fork oils!, its important for tuning, since they could be huge different in theyr cst at 40° Celsius (and only that rating  matters basically) even if same wt-rated....See table below

if you want to slow your rebound down then try out an oil in the 40 CST-range or even above...

(stock should be around 17 CST, i was told fastace uses the Bel-Ray 5WT in theyr forks.....)!!

2,5wt would give you an faster rebound than stock....dont try this then..

I would likely try out the castrol fork 15wt (46 CST) from the table below if you want slower rebound or even the Motul heavy forkoil (15-20) in the 60cst range...

This will slow your rebound quite a bit and you can also use less clicks if it will be to slow then (since you added full slow clicks already)

Here some examples of different forkoils 

PVD-ISO-Viscosity-Data.gif

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Like 1

The thing is, i can not tell how much the impact is from changing from 20 to 40 to 60 CST for example but i guess it should be quite noticable and slowing down  the rebound somewhat  significantely already...if you put in an 60 CST-Oil....

Edited by onkeldanuel

43 minutes ago, onkeldanuel said:

The thing is, i can not tell how much the impact is from changing from 20 to 40 to 60 CST for example but i guess it should be quite noticable and slowing down  the rebound somewhat  significantely already...if you put in an 60 CST-Oil....

Thank you for input - didnt know that !

Do you think that viscosity of oil "in compression leg/side" will affect compression/softness  - or if I just want it softer is better to use less of thicker oil ? Should I get two different oils as well?

I kind of assumed there is simple butterfly valve, but it is probable that its more complicated.