Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

13 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Recieved my BD seat this week, soft and robust, put some Velcro on it to make it less slippery and spray painted the metal parts black.

Now I just need the wheel. 😁

20240117_203145.thumb.jpg.9f4bbb2b74a2dcbb281c1d9a2027c28c.jpg

Looks great....have you primed the metal or sanded or both or just plain spraypainted ? 

30 minutes ago, onkeldanuel said:

Looks great....have you primed the metal or sanded or both or just plain spraypainted ? 

Just cleaned it and spray painted, nothing advanced. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2024 at 2:52 PM, LaveyZFG said:

Just replaced the Kenda Knobby with a Shinko 244 - Nothing wrong with the Kenda but wanted to try this one 

Good clearance, no rubbing whatsoever if you are wondering 

20240110_205226425_iOS.jpg

I had/have lots of rubbing. Maybe this speaks to wide tolerances in the manufacturing process. I trimmed the side knobs which was no big deal. Now I only have fender rubbing. I anticipate this going away quickly once I wear the tire hairs off. 

The rubbing was enough to make spinning the tire difficult.  Now, if I lift the rear fender with my fingers just a bit, I get zero rubbing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul D said:

I had/have lots of rubbing. Maybe this speaks to wide tolerances in the manufacturing process. I trimmed the side knobs which was no big deal. Now I only have fender rubbing. I anticipate this going away quickly once I wear the tire hairs off. 

The rubbing was enough to make spinning the tire difficult.  Now, if I lift the rear fender with my fingers just a bit, I get zero rubbing. 

This was one of the critics I mentioned to ewheels.

There's not enough clearance. Small rocks get in there. I definately felt one go through, and it left a gouge in the battery box, but I'm pretty new to euc, and I've noticed alot are like that.

Edited by DumbWheel
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Paul D said:

theres not a lot of clearence, Does your tire wobble after install? 

didn't like the 244 and went with the 241, talc’ed up the tube, installed tired , inflated to 40 psi , let the air out and used the Armor Dilloz bead buddy liquid ( I think its just Vegetable Glycerin) on the inner lip of the rim both sides,classic tire massage to let the tube find its position,  inflated to 40 psi , ran the lynx for a bit and then deflated to 32psi , If I lift the wheel to do its freespin no rubbing or grinding, for now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LaveyZFG said:

theres not a lot of clearence, Does your tire wobble after install? 

didn't like the 244 and went with the 241, talc’ed up the tube, installed tired , inflated to 40 psi , let the air out and used the Armor Dilloz bead buddy liquid ( I think its just Vegetable Glycerin) on the inner lip of the rim both sides,classic tire massage to let the tube find its position,  inflated to 40 psi , ran the lynx for a bit and then deflated to 32psi , If I lift the wheel to do its freespin no rubbing or grinding, for now.

No wobbles from the tire. I use copious amounts of soapy water. I over inflate until I hear the bead pop in. Then I deflate, fill with Stan’s, and inflate with the pressure I like. Goat heads don’t stand a chance. 🤙

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Paul D said:

No wobbles from the tire. I use copious amounts of soapy water. I over inflate until I hear the bead pop in. Then I deflate, fill with Stan’s, and inflate with the pressure I like. Goat heads don’t stand a chance. 🤙

Got it, thats also a great way to install the tire/tube! 

im no expert but have fiddled in the past with tire to battery box misalignment with S & Patton , removing the motor fork clamps is a nuissance, but the Lynx having the ident in the axle shouldnt have that issue.

maybe its the motor covers that are misaligned making it to shift a bit and causing your issue ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaveyZFG said:

maybe its the motor covers that are misaligned making it to shift a bit and causing your issue ? 

There is no perceptable wobble in the tire. When shaving the right side knobs the left also rubbed. After shaving the left, no more rub except on the mudgaurd. The tire is simply too big but can be made to work. The golden boy is worth the extra work though. 

2 minutes ago, Paul D said:

There is no perceptable wobble in the tire. When shaving the right side knobs the left also rubbed. After shaving the left, no more rub except on the mudgaurd. The tire is simply too big but can be made to work. The golden boy is worth the extra work though. 

Ah I was worried about having to shave the 244. If you don't mind could you take a picture of and show us what part of the tire you shaved? Also what did you use to shave it?

1 hour ago, Sprite said:

Ah I was worried about having to shave the 244. If you don't mind could you take a picture of and show us what part of the tire you shaved? Also what did you use to shave it? 

Here are some pics  I accidentally nested them in your post-Paul D

image.thumb.jpg.8c8a333ed60168820f14168eb59c0bcf.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.5d82c637b20b14963df403cffb4ab9ff.jpg

Edited by Paul D
Clarification
  • Upvote 1

image.thumb.jpg.ebae63cc4dbcd2ae22fcacd4d9fe9c58.jpgI used a pocket knife. Shinko 244 is good to go now I think. Warming trend here. Maybe I can do a little riding soon. 

ETA- shinko 244 is referred to as golden boy sometimes. 
ETA2- It took about 15 minutes to shave tire knobs. 

Edited by Paul D
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, novazeus said:

would leaperkim owners, specifically lynxes, attest to whether this demonstration represents the suspension somewhat?

I would say yes, but not really sure what specifically your looking at it this video. Is it the sound?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Paul D said:

I would say yes, but not really sure what specifically your looking at it this video. Is it the sound?

yes, the sound and action. not very scientific. i don't think i could distinguish the lynx from my s22 pro. 

we need a wheel superstore like a 24/7 convention center where u can try all brands. 

2 minutes ago, novazeus said:

yes, the sound and action. not very scientific. i don't think i could distinguish the lynx from my s22 pro. 

we need a wheel superstore like a 24/7 convention center where u can try all brands. 

My lynx seems quieter, but my ear vs that video is meaningless. Definitely louder than a fox float shock but not noticeable while riding at all.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, novazeus said:

would leaperkim owners, specifically lynxes, attest to whether this demonstration represents the suspension somewhat?

Yes that's realistic, but bear in mind where those hiss sounds are coming from: it's the plastic fender supports, riding in their plastic slot between the battery pack halves. There is a small gap all around them and no contact is intended, but inevitably the alignment won't be perfect and the plastics will kiss lightly. Despite the noise, it makes very little friction because there is no force being applied to that plastic slot.

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Thanks 1

Can someone tell/measure how "high" this jumpblock on the lynx is in total? Im printing pads for it right now (dont have the wheel yet) and want to figure out how high the pads should be in total if removing the stock Pad...

I know that the upper grizzla part which many put above the stock jumppad is about 190mm and fits about right ...

Leaperkim-Lynx-electric-unicycle-side.jpg

Edited by onkeldanuel

35 minutes ago, bpong said:

i will keep this short ... have any lynx owners reported any thing on this forum as yet ? ...

From Reddit:

r/ElectricUnicycle10 days ago

Veteran Lynx motor bearing issue

Do any other Lynx owners have an issue with their motor bearing making noise? I have the same exact noise as Adam from WrongWay in his video https://youtu.be/UCZXmYAMr54?si=zJnzJoqJYK8V1PIQ&t=2634 at the 44 minute mark. In addition my motor casing is hitting the battery box when turning left, scraping the paint off the motor. eWheels is aware of the issue and said something about adding loctite between the axle and bearing. I wanna hear if anyone else has tried this before I open my motor up.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, techyiam said:

From Reddit:

It's all here in this thread, and notice it was fixed in factory early:

Got an email today from eWheels that batch 2 wheels arrived in the US today.

I asked them about the statuses of the issues known about the Lynx thus far.

The sticky buttons have been fixed in batch 2.

The info is still the same about the motor spacer. LK/Veteran has said they added the spacers in batch 2 but the jury is still out. eWheels was kind enough to offer to hold onto the wheel until they can figure out the situation with the spacer which will likely take a few weeks.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

i hate that y'all are having to take one for the team, but i'm sure the lynx is gonna be exactly the wheel they designed it to be and probably about when i have money, all these hiccups will be fixed and somebody like roger euc might have stuck a michelin street tire on his. 

now i just need to build a longer road with fresh asphalt and a big roundabout.

u know, u gotta fence all this off from wildlife. i've seen gators in my pasture. hitting anything at 50mph is gonna be terrible for the rider and the animal. i've got a frigging black snake that likes to cross in front of me. i don't want to kill it and a v13 would slice it in two.

• Like 1