Inmotion Adventure officially released

UniVehje

This topic will include the official release video and specs. 

Please continue to discuss on this thread after official release when we know all the real information. 

Launch event:

INMOTION Adventure 1st Teaser: Performance

INMOTION Adventure 2nd Teaser: Suspension

Specs:

Rim: 12"

Tire: 16" model?

Motor: Nominal 4000W, peak 9000 W, Torque 200 Nm, C40 magnets, 

Battery: 2400 Wh, easily removable, 4 packs, charging to 80 % in 1 hour, charging current 16A, smart BMS

Voltage: 134.4

Speed: limited to 70 km/h, free spin 110 km/h

Price: 3300 €

Climbing: 50 degrees

Suspension: linkage,  progressive 600 lbs coil shock, 200mm eye-to-eye interchangeable, 85 mm travel

Weight: 39 kg

IPX6 rating for whee, IPX7 for battery

Adjustable front light

Sloped top corner

Release date: ?

image.thumb.png.6fbbbcfed7c2fb0052a94cc604d4dfea.png

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I didn't see any information on voltage. But I think that's just good. It really doesn't matter.

Also, seems to be only 16" version. 18/20" fans will have to wait for another version. I'd buy this if it came with a bigger wheel.

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree, bigger wheel is better for off-road. 3300 bucks a ok price if it has the best suspension out there. Also the stock powerpads look pretty good

2400wh is big enough for a solid ride tho and the motor should be good enough for any type of off-road riding.

personally I would love to see at least a 18' or 20' size wheel with at least 3600wh battery, link-suspension and plenty of torque.

85mm suspension travel, dunno why but I expected more. However suspension travel don't mean everything it could be the best we'll have to wait and see

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's nice, nicer than expected! Great waterproofing, no "removable" batteries but easily removed battery packs (you just need a screwdriver) with waterproof connectors and protection against voltage differences (necessary but NICE!), the adjustable front light has a great range of angles, and they went for a low weight distribution and just for more quality. Cannot wait to see rider reports of this!

And the price is high, just like the V13. 3300 as a special price is ok, but more (3600? 3700? Does Inmotion even know yet, or are they waiting to see the special price demand?) for a 2400Wh wheel is a lot.

No idea how to judge the suspension travel. Does it make a big difference how much it is?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

These numbers may not matter to you but The voltage and travel numbers do matter to some people, and it is some of the things people look for when coming to a decision to buy their wheel. 

It is 134.4V with a 4p battery unless something extremely crazy is going on inside and between the battery packs. (And yes, numbers matter, if only so people can compare to other systems.)

57 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Some really great features, curious to know what the 'typical battery capacity @ 2400Whr" actually means.

What is the capacity of each pack? and is the price quoted for the above.

"2400Wh" is what everyone else uses for a 134V 4p battery with 5000mAh cells. A more honest computation would be 32*4*3.7V*5Ah = 2368Wh (taking an average 3.7V per cell) or 2304Wh (with 3.6V).

So "typical capacity" gets Inmotion out of the bind to either exaggerate or to be more honest but make their battery seem smaller than exactly-the-same-size batteries on other wheels (pretty clever wording actually:D).

One pack has 32 cells, so each is "600Wh" (or 592Wh/576Wh more honestly like above).

• Like 2

3300 for a good quality 2400wh wheel is ok but anything above that is meh I agree :p

The suspension look pretty legit if it's a no-maintenance wheel it would be worth 3300 bucks.

Easily removed battery packs is very nice for trips to the mountain/hills trails and such, also cheaper replacement I hope.

Overall cool wheel I am very hopeful this wheel raises he bar for all future wheels.

5 minutes ago, Ruben De Waele said:

Overall cool wheel I am very hopeful this wheel raises he bar for all future wheels.

I think it will, which kind of justifies the price. Still steep though.

I think we should complain, loudly and everywhere, about the (not yet announced) regular price, because it seems IM does not know it yet either:D Maybe we can get them to forgo/reduce the price increase. 3300 regular price would be very decent!

Hard not to be impressed by that machine, it looks exceptionally robust and well thought through in pretty much all areas ! Unless Begode seriously change their game, and I can't see it happening TBH, I suspect my next wheel will be an InMotion. 

• Like 2

What I'm looking forward to finding out is :

1) How easy the tyre change will be.

2) How robust the body is.

3) What the minimum/maximum capacity can be.

4) How it copes with different packs or if it can even be ridden like this.

5) Pedal height and general ergonomics.

6) Potential for firmware updates.

Nice wheel overall. 

same I believe leaperkim/inmotion have been giving the best quality wheels so far and this is coming from a s22 fanboi :p

It'll still be 1-2 years before I buy a new wheel but It will probably be between those 2 companies 

also one very nice thing about the inmotion adventure and it's swappable battery packs

If you buy that wheel and inmotion brings out another wheel in the future you like even more, you could buy it without the battery packs and swap those over, saving a ton of money :D

• Like 1

Here it says the Adventure has a 2 year manufacturer's warranty, with 18 months for the batteries.

That is quite something! And it means they trust their wheel doesn't break quickly. Can you imagine in what trouble some all others (and the past Inmotion) would be with such a warranty!:D

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

And it means they trust their wheel doesn't break quickly. Can you imagine in what trouble some all others would be with such a warranty!

Without meaning to burst anyones bubble, Inmotion have had so many issues with all their recent wheels. The saving grace is they seem to be trying to do the right thing on safety and do create better built products but have as many issues (if not more than others). I won't lie, looking at the release again I don't think this wheel looks very strong at all. Once you remove the batteries and look at the remaining hardware. But I really hope I'm proved wrong as I do like the wheel.

• Like 1

@The Brahan SeerHmm, you're definitely right, IM's past quality record is not so much different from the others. I edited my post to include them.

The point is: the future of quality is looking good for Inmotion, otherwise they wouldn't go for this warranty. I think the V13 was pretty decent in this regard, wasn't it? I guess they now trust their current level of build quality that this warranty won't backfire.

25 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I won't lie, looking at the release again I don't think this wheel looks very strong at all.

Really depends on the final price. And we have yet to hear from riders on how it feels to ride, could be anything from "meh" to "wow so much better".

• Like 1

It certainly looks rather impressive, and if it lives up to the hype (that’ll be a first more or less!) it’ll claim the prize for many. It seems to score better on almost every metric when compared to the Begode Extreme. I’m not really much of a fan of inMotion wheels, but this one does look very good, I’d been considering an off road/trail wheel, and the only thing that really stopped me going for a Patton is the all up weight of it, which I think is a bit on the heavy side; the Extreme for myself is already discounted as a possible, I just don’t rate the build quality and ‘engineering prowess’ of their designs. 

Colour me impressed!

• Like 1

40kg and ~3500$ (3300 is only in early pre-sale for first beta-testers, standart price will be higher)

--- and all this for 16" with 2400wh.......hmmmmm

Probably Master or s22pro would be better choice. Lower price, bigger diameter.

v14 isnt bad, just too expensive.

Edited by Greg X

11 minutes ago, Greg X said:

40kg and ~3500$ (3300 is only in early pre-sale for first beta-testers) - and all this for 16" with 2400wh.......hmmmmm

Probably Master, commanderPro or s22pro would be better choice. 

I don’t see that, it’s hard to imagine that the ComPro or ComPro mini is the ‘least worst’ of all four of these, I certainly wouldn’t consider the other two, personally, the design flaws alone scream ‘avoid at all costs’ to me, and I’m a bit unconvinced by the mini too. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• UniVehje changed the title to Inmotion Adventure officially released