Inmotion v11 hard cutoff - 1800km

Emy

14 hours ago, Mono said:

The column is annotated as "tilt". It's around (in particular right before) the row you highlighted. At the highlighted row the roll angle is -17.2, which suggest that the wheel is already tumbling around without rider. The tilt back sets in about 0.87 seconds before the roll angle is out of control.

The logs suggest the wheel was first decelerating within 0.5 seconds from 31km/h to 3km/h (thereby setting the safety margin to zero) and then accelerating within 0.5 seconds from 3km/h to 44km/h. The latter is like >2g acceleration which rather not possible with a rider on top.

OK, I'll stop here as you seem not to be interesting in telling us what exactly happened.

Sorry for the daly, now you have enought datas: the road where i was, i was accelerating not so hard. Volume of the wheel is always at max to hear every alert, i can't give you more details except a hot temperature outside.

14 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

I'm not an electrician but replacing the driver board doesn't sound too reassuring. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again, hehe. Shall we give the manufactuer the benefit of doubt?

More infos from inmtion team :

My question to inmotion team : Why she didnt stop working before ? i don't understand. Inmotion app say no error when i start the wheel after crash.

Inmotion said : It could be detected while riding.

We suggest that you replace the driver board.

Edited by Emy

6 hours ago, eezo said:

Here's a visual of the crash site, pulled from the EUC World logs. Blue circle is where the acceleration started, red circle is where the crash happened. I'm not sure if it was road, shoulder/bike lane, or sidewalk, but there don't appear to be any potholes or something that could cause it, and seems like fairly level ground.

EUCWorldGraph3.png

I checked in streetview , it a cycle lane, without any issue : (picture date : april 2023, no change on the road)

RggCMMi.jpeg

t9Uq1Zn.jpeg

Edited by Emy

23 hours ago, eezo said:

tilt angle is positive, not negative, meaning the rider was accelerating.

AFAIK positive value is actually backwards tilt, the big negative value towards the end is the pedals dipping forward after losing power.  

12 hours ago, Emy said:

CST C-186

This is interesting information on the tire change. I was leaning towards something getting stuck in the wheel/tire and blocking it as a cause, and a knobby tire swap with tight clearance would make that more possible. During the crash it could dislodge and the wheel would work fine after. It explains the sudden regen as the wheel comes to a sudden stop, and the spike in current after with no effect in restoring balance.

Edited by chanman
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, chanman said:

AFAIK positive value is actually backwards tilt, the big negative value towards the end is the pedals dipping forward after losing power.  

This is interesting information on the tire change. I was leaning towards something getting stuck in the wheel/tire and blocking it as a cause, and a knobby tire swap with tight clearance would make that more possible. During the crash it could dislodge and the wheel would work fine after. It explains the sudden regen as the wheel comes to a sudden stop, and the spike in current after with no effect in restoring balance.

This is possible, however I went in the middle of the greenway : stones, earth, wooden stick etc and everything was fine in a 53km tour.

I’m sorry to hear about your crash. It’s really good that you had EUCw running, makes diagnosis even possible in the first place.

On 8/23/2023 at 11:04 AM, Emy said:

I set volume to MAX for hearing every alert of wheel.

The alerts should play with max volume no matter which volume you set for the non-crucial sounds.