Inmotion v11 hard cutoff - 1800km

Emy

Hi all,

I just experienced my first cutoff on my inmotion v11, my equipment is partially destroyed, my left shoulder just hurts but nothing more, thanks god.

You can get the csv here :

https://file.io/Z0xS1ohYqtpzhttps://file.io/Z0xS1ohYqtpzhttps://file.io/Z0xS1ohYqtpzhttps://file.io/Z0xS1ohYqtpz

Its start at 15981, my top speed went up to 80 suddenly :

zOvLBIr.png

If someone can help me find the source of the problem , it will be very appreciated. :efeec46606:

Best regards,

Emy

• Like 3

Are you aware that the available excess power to accelerate (and balance) the wheel decreases with increasing speed and becomes zero at some point?

Edited by Mono

39 minutes ago, Mono said:

Are you aware that the available excess power to accelerate (and balance) the wheel decreases with increasing speed and becomes zero at some point?

Yes i know it, i just want to know if i done a faulty action on my side ?

6 hours ago, Emy said:

Yes i know it, i just want to know if i done a faulty action on my side ?

It looks like you were accelerating hard into a tiltback at like +40km/h? 

Edited by Mono

8 minutes ago, Emy said:

No tiltback before i crash, no alert at all.

The data seem to show a tiltback and a safety margin of zero. Maybe you pushed so hard to even realize? You were not accelerating hard?

Edited by Mono

35 minutes ago, Mono said:

The data seem to show a tiltback and a safety margin of zero. Maybe you pushed so hard to even realize? You were not accelerating hard?

What row and column you can see a tiltbnack ? Sorry i'm so beginner with theses datas. I hear nothing, i put max volume for hearing that, usually.

1 hour ago, Emy said:

What row and column you can see a tiltbnack ? Sorry i'm so beginner with theses datas. I hear nothing, i put max volume for hearing that, usually.

The column is annotated as "tilt". It's around (in particular right before) the row you highlighted. At the highlighted row the roll angle is -17.2, which suggest that the wheel is already tumbling around without rider. The tilt back sets in about 0.87 seconds before the roll angle is out of control.

The logs suggest the wheel was first decelerating within 0.5 seconds from 31km/h to 3km/h (thereby setting the safety margin to zero) and then accelerating within 0.5 seconds from 3km/h to 44km/h. The latter is like >2g acceleration which rather not possible with a rider on top.

OK, I'll stop here as you seem not to be interesting in telling us what exactly happened.

Edited by Mono

Cut off is power off = no data in log this is not you case.

You just want from EUC more what can handle and fall like me dont wory new developed PTSD keeps you fine in  future. Maybee try using eucworld alarms for prevent this with samrt watch(wear os) or speaker warning you when numbers are big.

I wish you fast healing.

simply say check EUC if ok dont wory this is rider error.

• Like 1

There's tiltback before, you can see the pitch angle is +5 around 3 seconds before, that's pretty significant tiltback. Once you fully overpower the wheel the pedals dip forward quick to -20  and there's nothing you can do. So yeah you overpowered it. It's a V11 not an EX30, be careful at high speeds.

Seems like plenty of safety margin and not that high of speed really. The sudden -20A (regen) that started the overlean and the pedal dip , followed by 50A trying to recover and not succeeding is weird too. I thought the tilt was tiltback but that could be just normal inmotion ride feel stuff. Maybe not just an overpower after all. The wheel is still functional?

Edited by chanman
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, chanman said:

Seems like plenty of safety margin and not that high of speed really. The sudden -20A (regen) that started the overlean and the pedal dip , followed by 50A trying to recover and not succeeding is weird too. I thought the tilt was tiltback but that could be just normal inmotion ride feel stuff. Maybe not just an overpower after all. The wheel is still functional?

Right, and also the tilt angle is positive, not negative, meaning the rider was accelerating. There was no (clear) tilt-back recorded in the data before it died. I thought "basic overlean" also at first glance at the data but when looking at it on a chart, if those values are in kilometers (which I think they are), it's not so obvious. Here's a graph of the whole ride. The rider was obviously in the middle of a rapid acceleration, but they had done a lot of those already with similar (or even more significant) forward lean with no problem.

I'm no expert, but it doesn't look like the rider ignoring the wheel's feedback.

EUCWorldGraph2.png

Edited by eezo
  • Like 1

Just from looking at the visual graph it seems like a mystery cut out. Sure you're accelerating from 30-43 but you did 45 earlier without problem. The battery had plenty of charge and extremely little sag.

Were you going uphill at the time? Even a gentle inclination could matter. I'm guessing by the low sag that you didn't burden the wheel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alcatraz said:

Were you going uphill at the time? Even a gentle inclination could matter. I'm guessing by the low sag that you didn't burden the wheel.

Here's a visual of the crash site, pulled from the EUC World logs. Blue circle is where the acceleration started, red circle is where the crash happened. I'm not sure if it was road, shoulder/bike lane, or sidewalk, but there don't appear to be any potholes or something that could cause it, and seems like fairly level ground.

EUCWorldGraph3.png

Edited by eezo
  • Like 1

At first I thought it was because you pulled ~1750w at a tilt of +4 deg right before it cut out. 

But then I look higher up and you had a tilt of nearly +6 deg and pulled 1600+ watts without issue.

What I don't understand is that you're reaching +6 deg tiltback at speeds around 30km/h. Either the wheel is trying to tell you something or it's got a weird tiltback behavior.

I'm not seeing excessive voltage sag so I don't think you're straining the batteries. Maybe it's just got a software current limit you're triggering. The current should be in the log.

Edited by alcatraz

I'm voting computing error. It looks like it's braking. You went from a meager 23A draw to -20A brake in an instant. Then shortly after the wheel tries to pull 50A to stay upright.

It's like there was a gyro malfunction. 

Question. Did you recently perform a software update or calibrate the wheel?

5 hours ago, eezo said:

Here's a visual of the crash site, pulled from the EUC World logs. Blue circle is where the acceleration started, red circle is where the crash happened. I'm not sure if it was road, shoulder/bike lane, or sidewalk, but there don't appear to be any potholes or something that could cause it, and seems like fairly level ground.

EUCWorldGraph3.png

I confirm there is nothing anormal, its the exact site i crash.

2 hours ago, alcatraz said:

I'm voting computing error. It looks like it's braking. You went from a meager 23A draw to -20A brake in an instant. Then shortly after the wheel tries to pull 50A to stay upright.

It's like there was a gyro malfunction. 

Inmotion said its need a driver board replacement.

11 hours ago, chanman said:

Yes i can start the wheel normally, no error on the inmotion app.

2 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Nothing, i start euc world before every runs. I check sometimes inmotion app about new drivers or updates but nothing new .

13 hours ago, eezo said:

I'm no expert, but it doesn't look like the rider ignoring the wheel's feedback.

I set volume to MAX for hearing every alert of wheel. The only thing i change is the tyre :

CST C-186

Mounted perfectly, can it ask more effort to the wheel on the roads ?

NOTE : I have rided it like +100km easily without any issue with this tyre.

Edited by Emy