To Begode or not to Begode, that is the question!

So i learned on the v-11 and rode it for about 1500 miles and then wanted something faster. I do al lot of off road riding and feel like i enjoy that the most. Then i purchased the v-13 and have put about 1k miles on that, about 700 off road. It's an amazing wheel, i really enjoy it. Turns out, i love the speed and acceleration. I find my self hitting 50mph on the reg. I have been following the forums for about 8 months to a year now and have seen many people talk passionately about Begode wheels. Like the there is no substitute. Even though they don't have the greatest track record or build quality and reliability, people like @Marty Backe swear by them. So my question is this, should i try out a Begode master or something down those lines since ,according to the owners of those wheels. they are the best for performance? Or should i stay away, because I'm like 53 and i probably would wreck myself on one?

• Like 3

I’m waiting to see how the extreme does when it comes out. Looks fantastic on paper smart bms, waterproofing, high torque, grab handles…….. if the first few batches turn out well I might jump in. 

• Like 3

I'm all in on LeaperKim, consistent good quality and minimal issues in comparison, nice design language, top in class suspension. Begode just tries to do so many things at once, rush releases, iterates too fast, they have some good engineers but that is not enough, I don't feel like being a test pilot.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, techyiam said:

The EX30 is the first big wheel release, since Begode said they will place more emphasis on quality and waterproofing.

I haven't heard of many issues coming from the EX30 owners on the forums or on Facebook.

And the Begode Extreme should be an updated controller on top of that. So among Begode and Extreme Bull wheels, this could be the safest bet?

Yes I agree : EX30 or T3 are ready to ride, out of the box.

Just have to fix the protection with scratch and put a plastic bag on top when raining ...

Try these wheels and fall in love with Gotway/Begode ;)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, InMoOnGoWa75012 said:

Yes I agree : EX30 or T3 are ready to ride, out of the box.

Just have to fix the protection with scratch and put a plastic bag on top when raining ...

Try these wheels and fall in love with Gotway/Begode ;)

I have to agree with you on the T3. I never had even one hiccup with it, electronically. Wait, correction on that. The display, headlight stopped working after about 7000 km's. But the motor drive system has been dead reliable. 

It is good to get a data point from you on the EX30. That's encouraging. 

It's hard for anyone to give advice. I'm a very pleased Gotway/Begode rider but I don't push my wheels.

I'd like to think that if you ride within the limits, you're not taking a huge risk. (Beware of M50T cells.)

I haven't ridden any modern wheels but when going from V8 to Tesla the feel was night and day. Sure, there's more power but the smoothness is so nice. It's got a very confidence inspiring smoothness and power delivery. Maybe it's a negative thing because it makes the ride so enjoyable that you just want to push to feel more of it.

Begode battery packs are higher risk and I inspect them yearly. I check the internal voltages and check for corrosion.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Statistically speaking I rode my Inmotion for 12000km and had one cutout/overlean. I don't know what it was because it came out of nowhere on a flat road without headwind. The wheel powered right up afterwards like nothing had happened. I still ride it when city hopping on the high speed train, but I don't go near the max speed. I set it to 25km/h tiltback.

I've ridden my Tesla for 10000km without any issues.

I've ridden my MSX84 for 6000km with one board failure. I'm still riding the same board and consider the problem fixed. (blown mosfet - walking speed - zero torque)

I don't like to replace parts without knowing it won't happen again. That's why I feel safer riding the same board. I got it checked out and I bolted down all the mosfets myself with loctite. I don't trust the manufacturers to do that and even if I did, screws can shake loose. So in my mind what caused the failure was that the mosfet bolts had loosened resulting in overheated modfet. They didn't come with loctite. I torqued them all down properly. I feel like doing 30.000km on this wheel now. Fingers crossed.

Edited by alcatraz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Get an EX30 if you want speed. Then you'll see how big the difference to your V13 is in terms of perceived oomph.

I had thought of this model for the speed/acceleration as well. But in a head to head race in this video, the v-13 is faster. The language is a little colorful, but seems like a fair race. Also i've seen the v-13 hit 58mph on the speedo, i haven't seen the ex30 past 52 or so. Unless i missed a video which is entirely possible.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe

To someone that hasn't ridden a Begode/Gotway maybe the easiest way to describe it is...

You know when you're riding uphill and you want to go a bit faster the wheel can start to grunt. That happens at steeper inclines on B/G. 

Also, on my Inmotion, riding at a slow speed say 5-10km/h the wheel has this slight constant buzz/vibration. It's not irritating at all but it's there. On B/G it's silent.

I'm not saying buy B/G. I'm just describing what I feel when comparing V8 vs Tesla. I do think however that it is applicable to more modern wheela because the manufacturers keep using same or similar board design/philosophy.

• Like 2

I think you have a similar thing to my adventure. V11 onto V13 etc, i’ve also has a great run with these wheels. Minimal issues and still enjoying them both. 

When i’ve tried other brands they all roll fun. It’s always  fun.

I found the fit/finish & QA looked a little better on IM and Veteran. I liked the engineering and design on both brands. Well made things.

KS and Begode at the time felt a little cheaper, maybe more slapped together and rushed with improvements made after release.

I haven’t tried the s19 or basketball to see how KS are these days. 

What Begode is doing now is booking great, good feedback, testing adding smart bms and listening. 

I think the wheels i’ve seen from Begode lately are looking great well worth a roll on I think.

l like that Begode are supporting the community.

More wheels :) you need more

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

More wheels :) you need more

Ha,Ha...maybe..

Thanks for everyone's input. I think i would defiantly like to try some but not quite willing to buy one just yet. I think maybe i will see if there are some local rides that i can be a part of, maybe some good soul will let me try out their new EX30 as @meepmeepmayer suggested. I am also interested in unlocking the v13 like @Forwardnbak has and maybe do some testing......:D. i would like to see it without such stringent limitations. I feel like it so much more capable.

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

I think most non-beginners will find the Patton class 16" wheels fun to ride.For my next wheel, it looks like it is either going to be a heavy 16" wheel.

I’m keen for a 16” after hefting the V13 for a while.

Iv’e leg muscles like tree trunks now, flicking a 16 will be heaps of fun. 

Patton looks great. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

I’m keen for a 16” after hefting the V13 for a while.

Iv’e leg muscles like tree trunks now, flicking a 16 will be heaps of fun. 

Patton looks great. 

Indeed.

I have over 4000 km's on my Abrams, and my legs did get stronger. Although, it was a steep learning curve, I grew to like big wheels like the Abrams. I had an opportunity to ride a V13 a couple of times, and I like the V13 even more than my Abrams.

The crazy thing is that for even for the shortest trips, I will still take out the Abrams, and not the T3 nor the V12.

However, I found the Patton to be a wheel that I won't choose my Abrams over it.

Yeah, even the EX30 doesn't feel like a heavy wheel while riding it. And the OG Sherman feels so light. It's hard to believe. 

As for the Patton, even though it weighs 90 lbs, riders who don't normally ride big 22" wheels will find the Patton delightfully easy and intuitive to ride. So for you, you will definitely have a great time on it.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Yeah, even the EX30 doesn't feel like a heavy wheel while riding it. And the OG Sherman feels so light. It's hard to believe. 

Indeed, EX30 is smooth, you can ride it without pad in smooth mode. It's an easy wheel designed for offroad/road.

However, in city like Paris, my feelings are going to my angry T3, this wheel give so much love :wub:

I have the eWheels limited edition Begode Nikola+ p42a cells and also the AlienRides Nikola AR+ from the Black Friday sale. 

Absolutely love them for city riding. I'm looking to possibly upgrade to the Begode Extreme. I just don't see myself buying any other brand at this time. Begode suits my performance, power, and size needs while being competitively priced. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1