"Please repair" on slight inclines - V8 Glide

Realityshift

Hello! I haven't used my EUC in about a year. Finally pulled it out this week. I downloaded EUCWorld app and got it connected. I can ride it up and down the street and full speed with no issues. But as soon as I'm on a slight incline for a couple seconds it says please repair and tilts back til I'm off. I can turn it off and back on and continue... But if it's an incline it happens again. These inclines I'm talking about are not big. I've been on wayyyy steeper without issues in the past. 

Any clues on how to fix this? I'm not finding much in my Google search in. 

Edit: or is there some further way I can get dianostics/logs/etc to help pinpoint the issue further? 

Edited by Realityshift

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

You could use the inmotion app, it has a diagnostic tool.

I tried the inmotion app. It says "unknown model" even though it clearly picks up the model on wifi. Waiting for support to respond (doubt they will) 

33 minutes ago, Funky said:

Dam, looks like you have gained quit a bit of extra weight over that year.. And now wheel can't get you up any incline. :D 

Lmao. I wish that was the issue, at least then I could fix it! 

34 minutes ago, Realityshift said:

Downloaded an old version of the app and it connected. Says everything is good 🙄

Have you tried recalibrating the wheel? (The part where you need to level the wheel and turn it off/on via app.)

Any sudden spikes in power, when trying to go up incline? Compared when ridding on flat ground?

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Funky said:

Have you tried recalibrating the wheel? (The part where you need to level the wheel and turn it off/on via app.)

Any sudden spikes in power, when trying to go up incline? Compared when ridding on flat ground?

I clicked that button earlier but it wasn't working. Just looked up a video on how to do it and it said success. A quick test on the driveway seems to be successful!! 

I'll go for a longer ride to see if it has any further issues. Thanks!! 

51 minutes ago, Realityshift said:

I clicked that button earlier but it wasn't working. Just looked up a video on how to do it and it said success. A quick test on the driveway seems to be successful!! 

I'll go for a longer ride to see if it has any further issues. Thanks!! 

Should find the biggest incline you can find in local area.. And do a test. :D 

• Haha 1

I hope the issue is resolved. But in addition, not having used the wheel in a year can be really harmful for the batteries. What was the charge level during that time? Does it charge up to full voltage?

Bad batteries can have a significantly reduced output power. Since the V8F is already a low powered wheel, you need to be really careful at faster speeds if the battery is not in good condition.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 3:15 PM, Funky said:

Seems to be good! 

On 7/21/2023 at 6:36 AM, mrelwood said:

I hope the issue is resolved. But in addition, not having used the wheel in a year can be really harmful for the batteries. What was the charge level during that time? Does it charge up to full voltage?

Bad batteries can have a significantly reduced output power. Since the V8F is already a low powered wheel, you need to be really careful at faster speeds if the battery is not in good condition.

It was at 100% and drained to empty. Based on my quick Google search, it seems 84V is what it's rated for - is that right? I will have to check tomorrow but I believe it was 83.9v on the EUC world app 

Edited by Realityshift
Adding detail

On 7/20/2023 at 3:15 PM, Funky said:

Spoke too soon! Back to its shenanigans. Sad day :[ letting it fully charge again to test that but then I'm out of ideas except for replacing parts. 

On 7/23/2023 at 10:53 AM, Funky said:

After long time in storage - i would recommend keeping it connected to charger extra 2-4hrs after it turns green. Instead of regular 1-2hrs after charger turns green.

Welp, doesn't turn on after the over charge. Maybe the battery is dead. Sad day :(

Edited by Realityshift
Rip wheel
  • Sad 1