Does euc world have an equivalent of Darknessbot pwm?

EUCw calls it “Safety Margin”, which is either 100-PWM, or with wheels that don’t report PWM, a calculated estimation based on speed, current, etc.

On my V11 the “Safety Margin” had to be activated from the settings. I assume that the default “Relative Load” wasn’t available for some reason and hence didn’t show anything in that spot. Here’s with the “Safety Margin” activated:

IMG_5014.jpeg.9e09ca47a6879f5cf1e55907b0debbef.jpeg

Here’sa comprehensive guide for the EUCw main display:

https://euc.world/blog/understanding-main-screen/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Hi,

Does euc world have an equivalent of Darknessbot pwm? And is it monitorable while video recording? Thanks

@Seba

Safety margin is rougly an inverse of PWM. I don't know how PWM alarm is realized internally in DarknessBot, but I think it works in a very similar way. To say it simple - 0 % of PWM means 100 % of safety margin. 100 % of PWM means 0 % safety margin. Depending on the wheel make and model, safety margin uses wheel-provided PWM for motor control (Begode with custom firmware), wheel-provided load parameter (Veteran, King Song, Ninebot and Inmotion) or it's calculated by the app (Begode with stock firmware). When the safety margin is calculated, there's an option to calibrate it (in "Wheel" settings). If the calibration option is disabled or absent, this means that safety margin is based on data provided by the wheel, so it may be considered reliable and already calibrated.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

On my V11 the “Safety Margin” had to be activated from the settings. I assume that the default “Relative Load” wasn’t available for some reason and hence didn’t show anything in that spot. Here’s with the “Safety Margin” activated:

Relative load is a value that is based on current alarm threshold set in "Alarms" menu (current alarm doesn't have to be enabled, only the threshold has to be set to non-zero value). So if the current alarm thresholds are set to zero, relative load won't be available.

Example - if I'll set sustained current alarm threshold to 40 Amps and peak current alarm threshold to 60 Amps, when the current will be 30 Amps it will equal to 50 % of relative load. As the strain on the components is relative to the current and not the power, this is a good measure of real load put on the wiring, fuses and mainboard.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Thanks both, very clear. I experimented a bit. Is there a way to Monitor live the safety margin in App as a number (%?),not a progressive bar, especially as you record ?

Live value of safety margin is available on second page, in "Live data". Safety margin is also recorded in tour data and in CSV data log.

• Upvote 1

Thank you very much. My use case is to video record speed runs. Hence why was specifically asking while record videos. See below example with DB:

https://youtube.com/shorts/4wyPzWidbps?feature=share

i would want to see speed and safety margin together so its easier to monitor. DB has very small characters and speed/pwm are far away. Got sketchy a few times trying to decipher this at 50mph…

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1

I don't use DB, but the fact that you can choose and move elements makes it very effective for monitoring while riding
Here's an example of the perfect layout on Moh's video https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/posts/5844544085643506/

I'd asked @Seba to add a racing tab to his todo list that would only contain speed/pwm/voltage with big digits, but I know he's working on a lot of things already so we'll have to be patient
In the meantime, we have to use the magnifying glass as a trick:lol:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/posts/6285491598215417/

8 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

In video recording mode you cant, unless i missed 

Oh, you are using the DB’s internal video recording feature? I have never used that, I have no idea how it works. I thought you were taking a system wide screen recording.