What one thing do you wish your electric unicycle came with?

on one

I am seriously considering to develop an electric unicycle. So I'd really like to get ideas on what everybody wants on their euc that didn't come with it. Try to limit your idea to one most important thing per post. I will start:

I wish my electric unicycle came with a rear facing wifi or bluetooth camera. That way I would be able to see behind me with my phone and record rear activity if I wanted. It's an important safety feature and a great way to doccument what's going on behind our backs, lol, mostly good things.

• Upvote 2

I want to be able to choose my pedal size to fit my foot. So, I'm thinking provide a choice of small, medium, or large pedals. That way somebody with small feet doesn't have to get super huge pedals, and somebody with super large feet doesn't have to have their toes and heels anging over. In addition to being a comfort feature, this is also a safety feature.

• Upvote 1

You can put a camera on your helmet, including rear facing, or 360 degree even.

I wish all EUCs, where possible, would come standard with with an EUC Bodyguard to protect it from smaller bumps, drops and scratches.  Hard to do with newer, modular, suspension EUCs with side pads, but it's great for learning, and also makes it look less intimidating in public transport, stores and so on.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, earthtwin said:

... So I'd really like to get ideas on what everybody wants on their euc that didn't come with it. Try to limit your idea to one most important thing per post, ...

if the euc came with interchangeable batteries,  the euc should be sold so that the orig batteries can be exchanged for new ones at no cost.

• Like 1

Provide an infra headlight camera pre-installed as part of the headlight that is similar to a police body cam integrated into the headlight for viewing the IR spectrum at all times.

Just now, earthtwin said:

Provide an infra headlight camera pre-installed as part of the headlight that is similar to a police body cam integrated into the headlight for viewing the IR spectrum at all times.

Are you checking for ghosts ?

• Like 1

Provide a head mount 1/4-20 as on tripods for mounting cameras, and gimbles, smartpones (with inexpensive head mount adapter). My DJI gimble has a head mount receptacle, I just need the head mount to mount it to my wheel. This is long over due.

• Upvote 1

A proper back light!

The manufacturers have slowly adapted passable front lights, even if they blind oncoming traffic or suck 50% in some other way in most cases. But back lights are still laughable. Tiny, flimsy, barely visible red lights as bright as a single match. These aren't back lights, those are sorry excuses for back lights.

The primary point of lights (front and back) is to be easily seen and not run over by a car, somehow they don't get that yet. And the back light is the more important of the two.

Give me a big area, bright backlight that is just as good and bright as the one on a motorcycle's (at least)!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bpong said:

the euc should be sold so that the orig batteries can be exchanged for new ones at no cost.

You understand that the wheel would cost $90,000,000,000 to cover your lifetime supply of "no cost" replacements, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1. Port for extending battery capacity.

2. External battery disconnect switch. (good for malfunctions)

3. Simple pack monitoring system.

4. Wider rims and tighter tolerances. Squeeze out maximum width out of the existing tires.

5. Vibration warning system?

6. Adaptive suspension based on terrain. 

7. Integrated high speed charger for usb devices.

8. More lightweight materials and cnc machining. Titanium and lightweight designs. 

• Like 1

I suppose my wheel's a bit dated nowadays with people getting fancy display screens on newer models, but the thing that always bothered me about the low-tech display Begode chose to put on the RS was that it was missing the most important indicator: voltage. Instead they chose to report battery charge level with green/yellow/red bars. I don't give a shit how many "bars" my wheel has, it's not a damn cell phone looking for reception! Just report the voltage so I can actually know the state of charge!

Other than the odemeter, the display is useless and a missed opportunity. Anyway, I know people solved this other ways, but I'm not big on the whole app/smartphone integration thing.

Edited by Vanturion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vanturion said:

. I don't give a shit how many "bars" my wheel has

Haha. I can feel your frustration. Luckily we have eucworld until they sort it out.

What if they went from 5 bars to 3 bars? How angry would that make you? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

How angry would that make you? 

Hahaha, well I mean I probably laugh that they thought EUC riders were so simple that they couldn't even handle 5 bars they had to simplify to 3!

Then I'd think they've been watching the "news" to get a sense of the competence and gullibility of the average consumer. Then I'd probably give them the nod and have a good cry.

Edited by Vanturion
removed US-centric
  • Like 3