Split from: 16x 2023 refresh: inverted pads silly?

Dan48

3 hours ago, null said:

KS have been using both Samsung and LG cells for years, my end 2019 18XL uses LG cells, while the 16S from the same period uses Samsung. AFAIK there is nothing wrong with the MJ1 cells.

Thanks for your input. I really want to trust LG cells, since most wheels seems to use them, so I can finally buy one. I just wonder why Sherman OG/Max uses, openly declared, not hidden like in other models, Samsung 50E cells, and is considered one of the most reliable wheel. Not the same can we say about V12 HS/HT, for example, in which the cells used are unknown, not disclosed by Inmotion (but probably LGs). I have just a question especially for you and @mrelwood: If the cells used have no impact on reliability why chinese manufacturers do not disclose for each EUC model and batch the name of the cells used so that the resellers can include this info into description of a wheel along with the other specs? If this doesn’t seems fishy to someone, that individual seems fishy to me (in the sense that, although he pretends to be just a customer like me, he secretly represents the interests of chinese manufacturers for personal profit).

Do not insult my intelligence by telling me (like to a kid) that chinese manufacturers have many sources for battery cells and they can’t keep track for each wheel produced. This level of disorganization and chaos is by design with the end purpose of preventing the customer to make a connection between failures of a wheel and the cells used. Of course, in addition they have their man -> @mrelwood, to cleverly come with scientific explanations of all reasons in the world for which a wheel failed, except for the poor quality of the cells used (overpriced sold). I could draw a parallel between aforementioned clever, scientific explanations and the clever and “scientific” explanations from 2020-2021 to take the vax so that you don’t die, but then maybe I would be banned by the globalists “EUC is the future, alongside climate change, transgenderism, engineered migrations and viruses and other NWO goodies”. Someone got nervous (@mrelwood)? Then give me some happy, or sarcastic laughing smileys and hide behind them.

THE NAME OF THE CELLS USED IN EACH EUC SHOULD BE DISCLOSED BY LAW. OTHERWISE THE SELL IS A SCAM AND ANYONE WHO SUPPORT THIS PRACTICE IS A SCAMMER OR AN ACCESSORY.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dan48 said:

I have just a question especially for you and @mrelwood: If the cells used have no impact on reliability why chinese manufacturers do not disclose for each EUC model and batch the name of the cells used so that the resellers can include this info into description of a wheel along with the other specs?

I wouldn’t know. But my guess is that they have traditionally seen it as a specification that wouldn’t concern the customer. Just like they don’t disclose which bearings the wheel used for example.

But it is clearly changing, and for example Inmotion has already mentioned 50E cells for some of their future wheels, even when we know very few other specs about them.

1 hour ago, Dan48 said:

although he pretends to be just a customer like me, he secretly represents the interests of chinese manufacturers for personal profit

While you cleverly hid the accusation behind a third person form, I know you are talking about your illusions of me. Please let me know what kind of personal profit I was supposed to receive, so I can email them and ask why I haven’t received any yet.

1 hour ago, Dan48 said:

Of course, in addition they have their man -> @mrelwood, to cleverly come with scientific explanations of all reasons in the world for which a wheel failed, except for the poor quality of the cells used (overpriced sold).

I’m sorry if science is an obstacle for you. But I just haven’t seen many wheel failures that would point to a poor quality cell. Even if a cell magically failed mid ride, the wheel would continue balancing with only a small decrease in maximum power. The wheel wouldn’t suddenly fail.

1 hour ago, Dan48 said:

I could draw a parallel

Dude, you are all over the place. Are you going to lynch me as a pro-vaxxer next?

1 hour ago, Dan48 said:

Someone got nervous (@mrelwood)?

Could we maybe talk about subjects and ideas instead of getting personal? You know, like the forum rules dictate. No need to degrade yourself to that level. Try to awe people with how informative, coherent and smart your replies are instead.

On 6/10/2023 at 8:43 PM, mrelwood said:

I wouldn’t know. But my guess is that they have traditionally seen it as a specification that wouldn’t concern the customer. Just like they don’t disclose which bearings the wheel used for example.

But it is clearly changing, and for example Inmotion has already mentioned 50E cells for some of their future wheels, even when we know very few other specs about them.

While you cleverly hid the accusation behind a third person form, I know you are talking about your illusions of me. Please let me know what kind of personal profit I was supposed to receive, so I can email them and ask why I haven’t received any yet.

I’m sorry if science is an obstacle for you. But I just haven’t seen many wheel failures that would point to a poor quality cell. Even if a cell magically failed mid ride, the wheel would continue balancing with only a small decrease in maximum power. The wheel wouldn’t suddenly fail.

Dude, you are all over the place. Are you going to lynch me as a pro-vaxxer next?

Could we maybe talk about subjects and ideas instead of getting personal? You know, like the forum rules dictate. No need to degrade yourself to that level. Try to awe people with how informative, coherent and smart your replies are instead.

You, being a pro-vaxer, already showed how “informative, coherent and smart” you are. Knowing electronics or anything else isn’t a proof of smartness. You just learned a trade. Thanks for the info Inmotion finally introducing safer Samsung batteries in their wheels. I wonder why, if according to you the cells doesn’t matter. Probably the cost of these new Inmotion wheels will be higher, so Inmotion wouldn’t make us any favor. And stop playing the victim card: nobody wants to “lynch” you. The ones who have suffered from this “plandemic” stuff are anti-vaxers.

1 hour ago, Dan48 said:

You, being a pro-vaxer

So, one thread wasn’t enough to spread lies about me? Wow. At least you’re consistent.

I haven’t shared any of my thoughts about vaccinations, Inmotion changed to Samsung batteries already in 2020/2021 for the V11, and I’m not a victim.

Now PLEASE go get your pills. You don’t function very well without.

[end of off-topic]

Edited by mrelwood

45 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

So, one thread wasn’t enough to spread lies about me? Wow. At least you’re consistent.

I haven’t shared any of my thoughts about vaccinations, Inmotion changed to Samsung batteries already in 2020/2021 for the V11, and I’m not a victim.

Now PLEASE go get your pills. You don’t function very well without.

[end of off-topic]

I don’t take pills and vaccines. This is you. I don’t know who is lying about what: on every dealer sites isn’t written in the specs that V11 uses Samsung cells. If that would be true I maybe consider buying one. You are consistent too in backing up the chinese manufacturers. I’m watching you for a long time (years). All people sharing their unfortunate stories with their Inmotion wheels are just “unlucky”, are just “statistics” to you. The same as those killed by the toxic vaxes. Go take a nap and dream your globalist, electric, inflammable nightmare.

26 minutes ago, Dan48 said:

Go take a nap and dream your globalist, electric, inflammable nightmare.

There are much better sites for this type of energy... please find one and stop derailing valid discussions.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Moved this stuff into offtopic:angry:

Don't be mad. :angry: Be HaPPy. :) World is wonderful place. :cheers:

Spoiler

PS. You didn't move my comment. :P So i did it for you.

Spoiler

Let Me Do It Sticker by subtlestrokes for iOS & Android | GIPHY

Edited by Funky

On 6/10/2023 at 7:13 PM, Dan48 said:

THE NAME OF THE CELLS USED IN EACH EUC SHOULD BE DISCLOSED BY LAW. OTHERWISE 

Aside of all other "bull shitery" he has one point right. Some cells are better than others.. That information should be included in wheels manual.

I don't even have any clue what cells i got in my wheel. :D Quick google search said Samsung 35E. But is that information right? Have the cells been changed over years..? Who knows. And how good are they - who knows. Samsung 35E doesn't say anything to me.

Only way to tell is to open the pack.. Even then they may have counterfeit heat shrink over them. :D 

5 minutes ago, Funky said:

Aside of all other "bull shitery" he has one point right. Some cells are better than others.. That information should be included in wheels manual.

I don't even have any clue what cells i got in my wheel. :D Quick google search said Samsung 35E. But is that information right? Have the cells been changed over years..? Who knows. And how good are they - who knows. Samsung 35E doesn't say anything to me.

Only way to tell is to open the pack.. Even then they may have counterfeit heat shrink over them. :D 

“he has one point right. Some cells are better than others.. That information should be included in wheels manual.” Thanks. (and I’m sorry for you, you put in your veins that “bull shitery” - I really hope you took the placebo, no side effects).

54 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

There are much better sites for this type of energy... please find one and stop derailing valid discussions.

Thanx for appreciating my energy. Despite what you think about me, I know, I am well-intended towards EUCs as means of transportation. I did almost 15000km in just one year with my little V5f commuting to work and for fun. I know the utility and the pleasure they offer. This doesn’t mean I have to go on board with these hidden pro chinese manufacturers advocates who spread the idea that the cells used in EUCs are not important for safety and for personal budget reasons (not anyone can buy a new wheel each year). I myself think I am on topic so I will disregard your suggestion. (all the vax stuff, was just a parallel between pro chinese manufacturers and pro-vaxers. Both are very gullible.)