Gonna hit 300 miles on my EUC today

Just like the title says. Kingsong is on the charger rn and I gotta go to the hardware store for a soldering iron, solder, and heat shrink electrical covering. Was fixing my ebike and in my frustration accidentally severed a wire.

Screenshot_20230512-053915.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

Is there a question here?

Yes there is.

So 300 miles - what have you learned so far? Can you ride already backwards? Do pendulum? I have done about 550 miles so far. Now it's like riding regular bicycle. :D 

Edited by Funky

9 minutes ago, Funky said:

Yes there is.

So 300 miles - what have you learned so far? Can you ride already backwards? Do pendulum? I have done about 550 miles so far. Now it's like riding regular bicycle. :D 

I'm going out to the yard rn to try to pendulum at least then ride backwards. Think I can do it because when I decelerate I feel like I can keep doing that and go the other way. We shall see!

21 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

pendulum at least then ride backwards.

Yeah, good luck with that ;) The bridge between pendulums and backwards riding is a surprisingly long one ! I wouldn't tackle backwards until right at the end of my trainings; it's not a skill that is useful for anything except showing off, and pride comes before a fall etc etc !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

I think I can do it because when I decelerate I feel like I can keep doing that and go the other way. We shall see!

Yep, that's certainly how you start ! It's the 'keeping going and then turning' whilst awkwardly twisting the body / neck / head to try and see what is behind you that is the fun bit. I eradicate that last bit using mirrors, which definitely helps, as your body can remain 100% properly aligned.

Edited by Cerbera

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

… it's not a skill that is useful for anything except showing off….

Oh contrare Pierre, learning / riding backwards well is as satisfying as riding forwards. There’s a street in my town has about a two percent grade and a crown running the length of it in the middle, so it slopes to the gutters on both sides nicely.

I practice riding up and down it backwards, crossing the crown and then changing directions from uphill to down and visa versa, and oh is that a tricky bit of fun. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Yeah, good luck with that ;) 

I slowly getting hang of it. Before i could not even stop and start going backwards. ~5 tries latter i'm already stopping from going forwards and am available to ride 1-2 meters backwards, before loosing balance. :D Slowly, but surely it's getting better.

I normally try it for ~10 mins time to time. And over night it's getting better. When i can ride ~10 meters backwards. Then i will start to look backwards and relearn riding backwards while upper body is sideways. :D 

4 hours ago, Cerbera said:

it's not a skill that is useful for anything except showing off, and pride comes before a fall etc etc !

Actually it is useful. Like if you need to hard brake and then go back really quickly. Like in front of car, or something..

• Like 1