After having relocated to Tbilisi, Georgia, I could neither bring my EUC nor buy it from any part of Europe.

Belly laughing

After having relocated to Tbilisi, Georgia, I could neither bring my EUC nor buy it from any part of Europe.

I have been here since Apr 2022. (almost 1 year so far.)

Literally, it is so.

I have quoted the price from a dealer in Europe, the online seller in Belgium replied "the delivery cost shall be more than the cost of the new unicycle".

And when I tried to bring my EUC from South Korea to Tbilisi, Georgia, all the carriers available (South Korean or European or USA based) rejected both of air or sea transportation due to the huge size of Panasonic batteries in the EUC. (Mine is a Gotway's model)

I haven't found no way to get it but purchasing it locally which I don't like.

I prefer the brand King Song's or Gotway's but the local EUC is not even close to the quality of these brands, let alone the extra expenses I should pay for.  (Here import tariff is huge.  As much as 32%-50% depending on the item).

I have lived in SIngapore for long time but I didn't confront with this kind of problems: Previously, I didn't know this many of problems in an eastern European nation.

Any solution to this?

I may have cut off my nose to spite my face, but it's out of my hands now.

Thanks in advance.

• Sad 1

Try ask some company in Georgia and send like cargo you can evade impport stuff.

Or diasemble EUC and send in 2- 3 packages like person to person "stuff" you can evade import stuff too.

Example i send my 16X via UPS CZ to AUT Republik Oesterreich and cost almost 100 EUR becasue i wrtite truth inside is battery. 

Singapure you need propably air transport this is expensive just sell it and buy new in Europe.

I think https://myewheel.com/ is posible send to you location cheap all EUC types or ekolka.cz just try send them email about offers and delivery prices. Belgium is crazy price of all stuff. You just need seler who lie to transport company about battery inside.

Or just you can make Train/car trip to Turkye https://turkey.desertcart.com/brand/euc

Maybe ecodrift.ru is solution send EUC from RuSSia. 

I am not afiliate to any shop i just try help.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Belly laughing said:

Any solution to this?

There are always multiple solutions; I offer the solution of buying directly from the King Song Official Store: https://www.kingsong.com/shop-online

I hope they will cover all the extra fees for you, it seems likely just to have a presence in Georgia.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 3:43 PM, Belly laughing said:

I prefer the brand King Song's or Gotway's but the local EUC is not even close to the quality of these brands

What? There are being "local" EUCs being produced in Tbilisi, Georgia? Or what do you mean by that?

11 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

What? There are being "local" EUCs being produced in Tbilisi, Georgia? Or what do you mean by that?

Probably “the ones that are locally available”.

On 4/28/2023 at 9:43 AM, Belly laughing said:

I have been here since Apr 2022. (almost 1 year so far.)

Literally, it is so.

I have quoted the price from a dealer in Europe, the online seller in Belgium replied "the delivery cost shall be more than the cost of the new unicycle".

And when I tried to bring my EUC from South Korea to Tbilisi, Georgia, all the carriers available (South Korean or European or USA based) rejected both of air or sea transportation due to the huge size of Panasonic batteries in the EUC. (Mine is a Gotway's model)

I haven't found no way to get it but purchasing it locally which I don't like.

I prefer the brand King Song's or Gotway's but the local EUC is not even close to the quality of these brands, let alone the extra expenses I should pay for.  (Here import tariff is huge.  As much as 32%-50% depending on the item).

I have lived in SIngapore for long time but I didn't confront with this kind of problems: Previously, I didn't know this many of problems in an eastern European nation.

Any solution to this?

I may have cut off my nose to spite my face, but it's out of my hands now.

Thanks in advance.

How is train service out of Georgia? Can you take a train to a nearby country and purchase one there? You'll have to apply some stickers and dirt to make it look "used"

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 4/28/2023 at 6:06 PM, DjPanJan said:

Try ask some company in Georgia and send like cargo you can evade impport stuff.

Or diasemble EUC and send in 2- 3 packages like person to person "stuff" you can evade import stuff too.

Example i send my 16X via UPS CZ to AUT Republik Oesterreich and cost almost 100 EUR becasue i wrtite truth inside is battery. 

Singapure you need propably air transport this is expensive just sell it and buy new in Europe.

I think https://myewheel.com/ is posible send to you location cheap all EUC types or ekolka.cz just try send them email about offers and delivery prices. Belgium is crazy price of all stuff. You just need seler who lie to transport company about battery inside.

Or just you can make Train/car trip to Turkye https://turkey.desertcart.com/brand/euc

Maybe ecodrift.ru is solution send EUC from RuSSia. 

I am not afiliate to any shop i just try help.

Thanks for such an elaborated answer and all other answers here.

The more bigger problem I have is being unable to bring my Gotway EUC which I love most to Tbilisi, Georgia from South Korea where I could NOT find any carrier to ship my old Gotway EUC to Tbilisi, Georgia.  All runs down to making a lie that I actually hate. (This is my character. I'm too honest all the time. I'm a devout Christian.)

Because of my spiritual tendency (benefited by God Jesus), sometimes, I got a big reward from a government tax agency like IRAS in Singapore. (IRS counterpart in USA).

(The reward amounts to SGD 600 at that time.)

However, most of time, I used to be bogged down in custom processes, paid large amount of surplus tariff to many countries during my trips.

Bring EUCs overseas is so trouble these days.  I wish a new innovation removes the possibility of battery explosion or fire.

All carriers in South Korea have rejected my request so far.

It is why I am considering buying a new one in Europe which is still not easy.

If possible, I want a legitimate way to bring my old one or buy a new one in EU. (not needing to make a lie that I hate extremely.)

Thanks guys.

• Like 1

PS.

I'm trying to find a way to get a train in Turkey which is next to Georgia. Because of language barrier here plus trains being blocked from crossing borders here, It is unlikely so far.  During almost a year of searching information on this, I could not get a way yet.

I feel Georgia isolated from the west.