Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

4 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Some really great features, curious to know what the 'typical battery capacity @ 2400Whr" actually means.

What is the capacity of each pack? and is the price quoted for the above.

I suspect for $3299 USD, the V14 Adventure will come with four battery packs totalling 2400 wh.

For either Samsung 50E or 50S:  134.4 V -> 32 cells. For Samsung cells, the nominal voltage is 3.6 V, not 3.7V

32 cells x 3.6 V (nominal) x 5 A x 1P = 576 Wh    Battery Capacity for 1 pack.

4P -> 2304 Wh.

17 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I am a bit disappointed with 1P battery packs.

This isn't going to help me for my use case.

I was hoping for 2P battery packs, so I have empty slots to add more battery packs.

What do you mean? 1) there is never extra space for extra batteries in EUCs (except reduced models like 16XS). 2) If you want to hot-swap batteries, you have to swap all of them at once, otherwise there would be a voltage disbalance problem (you could, in theory, serially use batteries with different charge state but this would be almost pointless since the lower-state battery would still determine how much charge you can still draw (i.e. how much you can ride). You'd have to juggle batteries a lot to drain them evenly). What does the 1p vs 2p per pack arrangement have to do with slots?

Edited by yoos

3 minutes ago, yoos said:

What do you mean? 1) there is no space for extra batteries. 2) If you want to hot-swap batteries, you have to swap all of them at once, otherwise there would be a voltage disbalance problem (you could, in theory, serially use batteries with different charge state but this would be almost pointless since the lower-state battery would still determine how much charge you can still draw (i.e. how much you can ride). You'd have to juggle batteries a lot to drain them evenly). What does the 1p vs 2p per pack arrangement have to do with slots?

It is not what Bob Yan had described in his roadmap talk.

We have to wait for more details as to how the swappable battery packs are to be used.

from the pov of a commuter using an euc,  the V14 IMO fits my requirements quite well.  easy to clean,  easy to disassemble (based on video), and the batteries can be removed without too much drama.  i just hope those battery connecters are twist to lock, and not just friction fit push ins.  the weight is reasonable and not surprising.  the pricing though,  in CAD is 300$ more than the Patton (using smartwheel website pricing) and the price difference can only be justified by the customer.  i dont know if the differences between the V14 and Patton are worth $300 CAD...  it gives the purchase decision abit more weight towards the Patton rather than the V14...

smartwheel V14 pricing:   https://www.smartwheel.ca/inmotion-v14-adventure-4000w-electric-unicycle-euc-with-suspension/

smartwheel Patton pricing:    https://www.smartwheel.ca/veteran-patton-16-3000w-motor-electric-unicycle-with-suspension/

$300 CAD will be the costs of a new pair of quality knee and elbow pads... :blink1::rolleyes::confused1:

Edited by bpong

The A356 T6 (I think is A356 not A365 as they say in presentation, because this alloy is used for casted wheels) looks like is gonna make the rim stronger, less prone to cracking and more resistant to corrosion. 

“A356 aluminum alloy has good casting properties. After T6 heat treatment, the castings have excellent physical and chemical properties, good mechanical properties and machining properties, and achieve high strength, good plasticity, high impact toughness and corrosion resistance [2-3].”

18 minutes ago, bpong said:

from the pov of a commuter using an euc,  the V14 IMO fits my requirements quite well.  easy to clean,  easy to disassemble (based on video), and the batteries can be removed without too much drama.  i just hope those battery connecters are twist to lock, and not just friction fit push ins.  the weight is reasonable and not surprising.  the pricing though,  in CAD is 300$ more than the Patton (using smartwheel website pricing) and the price difference can only be justified by the customer.  i dont know if the differences between the V14 and Patton are worth $300 CAD...  it gives the purchase decision abit more weight towards the Patton rather than the V14...

smartwheel V14 pricing:   https://www.smartwheel.ca/inmotion-v14-adventure-4000w-electric-unicycle-euc-with-suspension/

smartwheel Patton pricing:    https://www.smartwheel.ca/veteran-patton-16-3000w-motor-electric-unicycle-with-suspension/

$300 CAD will be the costs of a new pair of quality knee and elbow pads... :blink1::rolleyes::confused1:

It comes with those power pads from factory, something that others don’t provide (or provide some sh**** ones), and they’re quite good power pads.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, WuQuanShan said:

They use Samsung 50G

Not high discharge cells, but a life of 1000 cycles is nice.

10 A max continuous discharge current, and

15 A max not-continuous current. 

Edited by techyiam

31 minutes ago, bpong said:

the pricing though,  in CAD is 300$ more than the Patton (using smartwheel website pricing) and the price difference can only be justified by the customer.  i dont know if the differences between the V14 and Patton are worth $300 CAD...  it gives the purchase decision abit more weight towards the Patton rather than the V14...

(1) V14 -> $4600 CAD

(2) Extreme  ->  $4500 CAD

(3) Patton  ->  $4300 CAD

If the V14 performs competitively, I would say the V14 is priced right relative to its competitors. I think we are getting a lot for the additional $300 CAD. We have to wait for the teardown to be sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bpong said:

from the pov of a commuter using an euc,  the V14 IMO fits my requirements quite well.  easy to clean,  easy to disassemble (based on video), and the batteries can be removed without too much drama.  i just hope those battery connecters are twist to lock, and not just friction fit push ins. 

They do. They also have a rubber seal, making them waterproof. 

30 minutes ago, MadVlad said:

The design looks great, this thing is modular, seems pretty easy to work on, I love everything about it but the weight ... but I am tempted to buy one anyway. This is the first suspension EUC where I cant really fault anything about the design just by looking at it, even the pedals and the pads look great, the trolley handle, the headlight, the battery connectors etc. Inmotion engineers have outdone themselves. And yes I do like the orange, but thats because I like orange color.

Same here. If portability wasn't an issue for me. (Need to carry it around, not trolleying around..) I think this one would be a keeper. (At least till teardown videos, then we will see more in detail..) Price also seems decent, for what you get in return. IPX water proof euc, that alone would be a big selling point for some. 

And that's a big compliment for Inmotion coming from me.. As i hate almost all euc's ever made - because they all are kind of "shitty". (Problems, dumb design, etc.. Something that makes it shitty.)

Dam i wish they could make something lighter/slower/weaker.. Sub 20kg, max 25kg. Heck remove the suspension even for simplicity and weight savings.  :crying:

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

seeing the proposed actual delivery date for V14 orders is dec 2023 - jan 2024,  i will make a decision soon,  once i get to view some actual video reviews of the V14.  while waiting for that to happen,  there will be other wheels coming out hopefully,  and that will provide me and other prospective customers with more models to choose from.  i found the V14 launch abit underwhelming but it does point out some good points about the adventure - nicely equipped suspension,  well thought out design for ease of disassembly, bms, etc,...  there still is time for other new model intros,  should other manufacturers decide to make use of the remaining months of 2023.  its still a great time for customers who are in the search for that next new wheel purchase...