Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

Just now, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I feel like they don't understand that the battery boxes are not a structural element of the wheel like on Begode wheels.

Yeah, it does wonders for teardowns and maintenance but unfortunately its a trade off. Hopefully Inmotion can repeat what they did for the V13 on the V14 and not make it a nightmare to do a tire change. I have a v12 and had a flat and it was a nightmare to change the tube. I punctured like 4 and had a pinhole leak in the 5th one. I just said good enough and ordered some Armordilloz and now it is holding air again!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

as long as the box itself is metal, which is the place that will most likely take impact on an EUC other than the front of the unit or the back, who cares what the "top" or "bottom" caps are made of? You will probably decry the use of rubber for gasket waterproofing next...

what a bs you write, v14 is annonced for drops and offroard so the force will be applied not on metal battery cases but along stanchions, so you didnt answer the question - what in your fantasy will save this wheel from dismantling on landing? - screwheads or plastic that holds attachment plate :lol:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

plastic that holds attachment plate 

Certain plastics can have a much higher ductility than some metals therefore having a higher toughness. It's actually a very interesting topic. They make some "plastics" that can out perform most metals in ductility and tensile strength. So you argument that this design is somehow inferior because the battery's are held onto the wheel with "plastic" mounts is invalid.

1 minute ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Certain plastics can have a much higher ductility than some metals therefore having a higher toughness. It's actually a very interesting topic. They make some "plastics" that can out perform most metals in ductility and tensile strength. So you argument that this design is somehow inferior because the battery's are held onto the wheel with "plastic" mounts is invalid.

not battery but pedals. ok, so you you say that in your pony rainbow fantasy everything is fine, well engineered and perfect. will see what explications you will find when inmo will change suspension design in batch n2.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

inmo will change suspension design in batch n2.

Fair enough, i feel it will be ok after the stanchion mold re-vamp and should work great with a sweet fox air shock on it. But, i have been wrong before. So we can agree to disagree on it's durability. I'm pretty confident after the abuse i have put on my other Inmotion wheels through and they held up the 14 should be no different. It's an ugly bugger but it should be fun to abuse in the woods.:D

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
forgot a word
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

what a bs you write, v14 is annonced for drops and offroard so the force will be applied not on metal battery cases but along stanchions, so you didnt answer the question - what in your fantasy will save this wheel from dismantling on landing? - screwheads or plastic that holds attachment plate :lol:

If the wheel falls apart when you jump it. I'm sure at least ONE of the testers would be shouting this from the rooftops day in and day out. But I won't hold your personal opinions against you, even if they are not grounded in reality.

8 hours ago, onewheelkoregro said:

If the wheel falls apart when you jump it. I'm sure at least ONE of the testers would be shouting this from the rooftops day in and day out. But I won't hold your personal opinions against you, even if they are not grounded in reality.

looks like you dont know how this world is working. every manufacturer bans blogger if he talks bad things about its products? and will never send him a new wheel

3 hours ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

looks like you dont know how this world is working. every manufacturer bans blogger if he talks bad things about its products?

I don't know what its really like in Russia but in the west we are free to voice how we feel about trivial things without consequence. You only need to watch any of the youtube reviews to know that, nobody is banned here, EUC's are being sent regardless. Anything with consequence has been victimised lately but they have still been able to say what they want although some had been banned but this is changing. We are working towards having totally free speech like we used to have 20 years ago. 

I appreciate it must be hard watching the propaganda you are fed. You sound like an enlightened person who see's through the BS your government sprouts and it must be very frustrating seeing over half the world against your presidents actions and your great country becoming more and more isolated. 

So I understand why you might be angry at the moment and its not about Inmotion's suspension prowess or not.

In World War 2 (you call it The Great Patriotic War) Russia sided with Hitler (the Nazi's) and struck a peace deal with them for half of Poland. You only went to war with them after Hitler reneged and invaded you. We only know this is true from first person accounts/memories, photos and film. Nothing made up.

I wish you peace and that the world comes to its senses. We are not against you, your country or your people. Despite what you might hear.

Check out the Freedom of Russia legion if you like.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I don't know what its really like in Russia but in the west we are free to voice how we feel about trivial things without consequence. You only need to watch any of the youtube reviews to know that, nobody is banned here, EUC's are being sent regardless. Anything with consequence has been victimised lately but they have still been able to say what they want although some had been banned but this is changing. We are working towards having totally free speech like we used to have 20 years ago. 

I appreciate it must be hard watching the propaganda you are fed. You sound like an enlightened person who see's through the BS your government sprouts and it must be very frustrating seeing over half the world against your presidents actions and your great country becoming more and more isolated. 

So I understand why you might be angry at the moment and its not about Inmotion's suspension prowess or not.

In World War 2 (you call it The Great Patriotic War) Russia sided with Hitler (the Nazi's) and struck a peace deal with them for half of Poland. You only went to war with them after Hitler reneged and invaded you. We only know this is true from first person accounts/memories, photos and film. Nothing made up.

I wish you peace and that the world comes to its senses. We are not against you, your country or your people. Despite what you might hear.

Check out the Freedom of Russia legion if you like.

i dont care bout politics you can talk about it somewhere else, but i care about crappy wheels and people that support crappy wheels manufacturers and provoke them to make worser wheels without consequencies.  

21 minutes ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

but i care about crappy wheels and people that support crappy wheels manufacturers and provoke them to make worser wheels without consequencies.  

No point being frustrated about it. None of the wheel manufacturers make great wheels but they are all getting a lot better.  Look how far they have all come since the S18. 

We are both guilty of supporting crappy wheel manufacturers, look at Kingsong! Which is such a shame as I still really like the suspension on the S18 and wish they could have refined and improved its implementation. But such is life.

All the manufacturers could make great wheels if they had the time and limitless money/ cost but there will always be a compromise. Maybe they are still working out what this is.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ordo novus;

there is so much info in this blog, including your information about various eucs,  that the easiest way to not support the manufacturers of 'bad' eucs,  is to simply not purchase them.  TBS's remarks are valid as are yours.  thats the beauty of this blog.... i sometimes go on a rant too but there are no doubt others that will pull me back down from the rant i started...

peace man...

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 2:14 AM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

And pony rainbow fantasy comment was a good one. I lMAO at that one.:D

Well atleast you are not living in a Russian propaganda TV commercial l world... Or a government troll factory.

I wounder which is worse. And I thought rainbows were banned in Russia. Classic Russian diplomacy... Brute bully force. 

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Unventor said:

Well atleast you are not living in a Russian propaganda TV commercial l world...

The United states is also propaganda TV commercial world. I don't understand what the rider did wrong, he was just going down the stairs. It would be more of a waste to walk a V14 down the stairs, what a waste of potential.

Edited by iwantmymtv
one more thing
  • Like 3

When Freshly Charged reviewed the Inmotion Adventure I could tell that those guys were having fun, especially compared to when they reviewed the Lynx. Andrew wasn't really having fun, it was more like a snore. So, just based off of the fact that they were screaming and shouting while riding the V14, I know it's good. But they broke it, so that's Inmotion for you.

• Confused 2