Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

If the motor cable would come out of the board box trough its rubber seal then you could just leave the seal attached to the end of the cable for the time you replace or repair the tire and would be a good solution as long as the batteries cable connectors are kept outside and not pass through the same rubber seal, otherwise you would need to take them out, which would be a hassle. This is partially seen in the Begode A2.

Edited by Paul g

1 hour ago, Paul g said:

If the motor cable would come out of the board box trough its rubber seal then you could just leave the seal attached to the end

Inmotion used to do it this way and IMO did it best by making the rubber seal vulcanized to all the wires.  But now they are doing it smarter and waterproofing all the boards themselves.

inmotion-v11-wires.png

I haven’t looked into it, but there has to be wire connectors that are both waterproof and locking.

I don’t understand why it’s acceptable for battery wires but not motor wires. Are they not essentially the same voltage and current, and just as vital?

I think the controller unit itself should be entirely sealed and waterproof, with waterproof and locking connectors on the outside for everything (battery wires, BMS, motor wires, lights, beeper etc).

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

15 hours ago, Funky said:

Even if i had big shot inmotion wheel, where you can set settings till cows come home.. I would set one and forget.

That’s what I do as well. Just like a car seat, it needs to have good range of adjustments to fit a driver as tall as me, but I’m not going to tweak them just because they exist.

8 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

The same voltage in some instances but the current is much higher with all 4 pushing into 1 controller

That too, and in addition the capacitors raise the fast and short current output far beyond what’s coming out from the batteries.

8 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

separate control board to deal with  display,lights,blue tooth etc. That way if you loose the control board it doesn't effect balancing.

I’m not sure how it is on the V13, but If expect it to baa similar to the V11 where the mainboard is what mainly hosts the firmware, and the driver board takes care of the heavy lifting. The secondary low priority low voltage system is a separate circuit, but still controlled by the firmware.

does anyone know the revised shipping date for the V14 ?  a toronto vendor previously stated a shipping date dec 2023 - jan 2024.  i checked their webpage today and its indicating a early shipping date of sept 12, 2023... has inmotion officially given a revised shipping date via social media or somewhere ?

34 minutes ago, bpong said:

does anyone know the revised shipping date for the V14 ?  a toronto vendor previously stated a shipping date dec 2023 - jan 2024.  i checked their webpage today and its indicating a early shipping date of sept 12, 2023... has inmotion officially given a revised shipping date via social media or somewhere ?

eWheels currently has it listed as “targeting shipping by Christmas”. 

I wouldn’t expect these to be available to buy in North America before December.  I suspect that some of the prominent YouTube testers will get the first demo models well before we can, so look out for those reviews. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The news I got a few days ago the estimate is November (that didn't say early or late) if that is air or boat shipping it didn't say. 

Edited by Unventor
My source are from Inmotion employee. Simple answer so lag of details make the answer above.
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, bpong said:

Sorry for the bad news.

smartwheel.ca replied that it was an unintended system glitch. No early Christmas this year. :(

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

Sorry for the bad news.

smartwheel.ca replied that it was an unintended system glitch. No early Christmas this year. :(

No probs..., i was expecting some prob on their end.  Thnx for the update !!!

6 hours ago, Unventor said:

The news I got a few days ago the estimate is November (that didn't say early or late) if that is air or boat shipping it didn't say. 

Just curious, are you currently contemplating getting the Inmotion V14 Adventure?

If yes, any reason in particular as to why you skip over the V11Y, S16, and S19 wheels? Are SmartBMS and IPx6 rating that compelling?

I remember from last year when @mrelwood  and yourselves were saying how you two were only interested in lighter, lower top speed wheels. And that most riders in Europe don't really need the heavy fast wheels.

Now that new wheels like the V11Y, Kingsong S16 are announced, I don't seeing people like yourselves expressing serious interest. However, I do see more S19 videos from Europe on Youtube than from the US.

yes smart bms ip rating,probably good firmware....this are the reasons iam considering this over mini still...but for me the measurements are the key to store it...i had an accident at work so iam at home cant measure my locker right now...

Edited by FarkyJ

5 minutes ago, FarkyJ said:

yes smart bms ip rating,probably good firmware....this are the reasons iam considering this over mini still...

But the Commander Mini is a wheel that weighs about 88 lbs, and thus @Unventor and @mrelwood would not have been interested back then.

But for you, since you are considering the Mini, thus it makes sense that you would also consider the V14. Plus, I didn't feel the Mini rode anything that special. So, you may not be missing much anyway. The Patton was rode nicer in my book.

I like riding the V13, so, there is hope that the V14 could also ride well. But I may hold out for the V14Y (20"), or the Challenger.

i need to buy a wheel around measurements..need a commuter with suspension on my wrecked streets...lots of holes...also i live in a hilly town where for my 210lbs around 50 kmh(city limit) constant with gear need a good torque wheel...dont get me wrong i would REALLY like to get the patton....but its too big for my use...and also more expensive..

2 hours ago, FarkyJ said:

i need to buy a wheel around measurements..need a commuter with suspension on my wrecked streets...lots of holes...also i live in a hilly town where for my 210lbs around 50 kmh(city limit) constant with gear need a good torque wheel...dont get me wrong i would REALLY like to get the patton....but its too big for my use...and also more expensive..

I see. Then it is trickier. You have to look at the finer details. But there are a lot of wheels to choose from.

I read your posts listed in your Profile. You started to post since August 2020 looking to get into EUC's. But there were big time gaps. And it appears that you are still looking for your first wheel. If this is the case, I wouldn't be so picky concerning your first wheel.

You will realize as you get more experience that there are things that you didn't know before that are important.

I wonder whether the S19 would work for your use case? How hilly is hilly? Are you riding in traffic or in bike lanes / paths?

But you can start even smaller and lighter still.

Right now, the V11 is heavily discounted over on this side of the pond. This could be a good starter wheel for you. It's good value.

The other two wheels that could be of interest are the Inmotion V11Y, and the Kingsong S16. But you have to wait for them. And they weigh about 66 lbs.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, techyiam said:

Just curious, are you currently contemplating getting the Inmotion V14 Adventure?

If yes, any reason in particular as to why you skip over the V11Y, S16, and S19 wheels? Are SmartBMS and IPx6 rating that compelling?

I remember from last year when @mrelwood  and yourselves were saying how you two were only interested in lighter, lower top speed wheels. And that most riders in Europe don't really need the heavy fast wheels.

Now that new wheels like the V11Y, Kingsong S16 are announced, I don't seeing people like yourselves expressing serious interest. However, I do see more S19 videos from Europe on Youtube than from the US.

The short answer is it is undecided just yet. 

The more detailed answer is there are some things a out the V14 Adventure that I really like. 

The individual cell monotoring is what I have been asking for since V11. 

The IPX rating is better than my V11. 

The service prospect seems easier and more refined build or designed to make easier to service compared to V11. 

It is listed as a 16" but the tire profile looks to me to be more like a 17". I could be wrong on this point. 

The suspension seem like it is easier to inspect and do not need same maintenance at the V11. 

Now the not so great things. The weight but it might be doable which the V13 was not for me. 

Then there is the cost. Yet to me the V14 look to set new standards (IMHO) and the is bound to cost money. 

Now the big downside is I might get more time to ride as in between jobs but that also makes it very hard to make this investment right now. How things look at spring time who knows. By the I should have a stable future once again. 

It also make me not buying 1st batch as minor integrations making it a more secure purchase. There is always an element of risk with initial launch edition. 

Now look at other brands I did glance at S19 but there are too many things that makes not ideal. 

As of S16 I don't thing that is as good a overall wheel as V14. But then comes cost vs value into play. 

I can ride my V11 still but I would like a V14/ in a V11 size of the tire. 

Edited by Unventor
Added more details to first post that only hold short version.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, techyiam said:

Sexy Jack is going to get all the female riders to buy a V14,

and the model, all the guys to buy a Bentley? :) 

This here is actually rather funny. 

• Upvote 2

yeah i am here since 2020...but dont count the years during covid...it was a problem to get wheels in eu during this period...also euc is kind of a difficult hobby...you need to understand electric engineering,need to understand safety gear etc...its actualy pretty complex from begginer standpoint...i didnt do nothing this year. i bought all the gear for almost 1k euros....wheels are still inventing is good to wait a bit and get the best you cant get for the money....was starting like t3,t4 and now iam considering mini and adventure...and actually this is in like 2years of invention? i get you point that if i wait forever i will never pick...i was really fixed on t4 but with so much 16inches coming i decided to wait...but its done adventure or mini...

Edited by FarkyJ

41 minutes ago, FarkyJ said:

but its done adventure or mini...

Then it is easy. Just wait until the Adventure owners post their experiences. Analysis and pull the trigger. Of course, being able to ride both wheels would be ideal.

On paper, the Commander Mini sounds really good, especially if one was to take into account of the price. I almost bought one. But after riding one, I changed my mind. I am willing to pay more.

But on second thought, as a first wheel, the Commander Mini may be a OK wheel, should the rider eager enough to learn on it.

Value is good. Rides decent. Only the suspension is kind of stiff. But as a first wheel, having non-suspension qualities is not necessarily a bad thing.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2