Ex30 Not Charging

My ex30 would not accept any charging. Neither ports accept it and yes the chargers are working. The batteries are 50%, wheel balance and run normally. Took off the cover off and nothing is loose. 

Any suggestion?

Same thing happened to me. There is a small white 15A fuse soldered to the top board near the charge ports... check it for continuity.  Mine blew and waiting for replacement charge board.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Darren0128 said:

Same thing happened to me. There is a small white 15A fuse soldered to the top board near the charge ports... check it for continuity.  Mine blew and waiting for replacement charge board.

Hi guys, which batch is which month?

• 4 months later...

Hey anyone else have any insight on replacing this power distribution board on the  EX30. My new wheel only charges a bit less then 133v, also fast charging seems to not work once the wheel is 85-90% charged.

I assume you tried another charger?

52 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

also fast charging seems to not work once the wheel is 85-90% charged.

That is normal I think (unless it used to be different in the past and has suddenly changed). The possible charging current starts dropping down towards 0 at some high percentage, so that's the limit then, no matter how "fast" your charger is. The last few percent will always be at the same speed (or rather slowness) regardless of the charger.

• Like 2

Thanks for your reply, I understand that amps naturally will decrease as our capacity of the battery increases during charging, however, on the x30 this seems to be happening very early. I take it that this battery’s configuration with charging through its own bms is causing conflicts?

15 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

however, on the x30 this seems to be happening very early

It should happen at some fixed voltage (per cell), so it should not depend on the wheel I think. So if your Monster Pro charge rate starts dropping at a higher voltage in comparison, then I don't know why.

16 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

I take it that this battery’s configuration with charging through its own bms is causing conflicts?

I have no io idea. Could be an explanation.