Is anyone getting the KS S19?

onewheelkoregro

In my experience you never buy the first batch of anything electronic. From consoles to TVs, I never buy first batch stuff because it is often buggy due to having to meet the production deadline. But I ain't gonna lie I was looking for a bigger wheel with more top speed but I am probably still going to get a LeaperKim Commander this summer.

• Like 1

Well that took a turn, from S19 to Commander? What is your question?

S19 makes sense for commuters that want a smaller lighter wheel I suppose, for enthusiasts there are better ones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drunkard said:

Can't see the reason why the S19 would not handle some offroad also.

The promotional material states that the S19 was designed for offroad as well as for urban adventures and commuting. 

This wheel basically has the S22 Pro suspension.

This wheel should feel right at home on dirt as well as on asphalt. 

I believe this wheel should compete well in the V11 class of suspension wheels. There should be a good sized market for it. Although  Inmotion may have something to say about it with their upcoming V11 update.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, Kingsong Customer Support said:

how do you think about s19 ?

do you like to ride it for daily commuting ? or ride it to climb mountains and hills for pleasure ? 

I would never pick S19 over S22, S22 is superior in every way, you should keep working on S22, PWM Tiltback, stronger motherboard (more current), stronger screws for suspension linkage. ;)

That said if I was completely new to EUC and wanted a wheel for commuting then S19 might look attractive.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

I would never pick S19 over S22, S22 is superior in every way, you should keep working on S22, PWM Tiltback, stronger motherboard (more current), stronger screws for suspension linkage. ;)

That said if I was completely new to EUC and wanted a wheel for commuting then S19 might look attractive.

honest feedback,thanks 

1 hour ago, Kingsong Customer Support said:

do you like to ride it for daily commuting ? or ride it to climb mountains and hills for pleasure ? 

IMO, the price, and how it is spec'ed doesn't have wide appeal.

As for myself, currently, I am still a pavement only rider, primarily within the city confines.

I have no need to lift the wheel. I have absolutely no issues with the Patton 90 lbs, Commander Mini 88 lbs, nor the S22 Pro 77 lbs.

The S19 is only 4.5 lbs lighter than the S22 Pro (according to the weights published at smartwheels.ca).

The S22 pro cost 13% more, and has 26% more battery capacity, with a 70 km/h top speed and a 126V system.

Sure, the S19 is narrower and has interesting styling differences, but it is also 100V wheel, 1776 Wh battery, with a 60 km/h top speed.

I think for most non-beginners, the Patton and the Commander Mini would come across way more appealing. Just look at the price and what you get, and the legendary bad S22 customer support. Mind you, the Veteran Abrams customer support was really bad also. But Leaper Kim didn't sell that many Abrams, so they didn't cross that many customers. On the other hand, the Kingsong S20 got an unprecedented large number of pre-orders, and subsequently crossed many many customers.

I think in the North America market, if you going to charge a higher price, competitive motor performance, battery capacity, top speed, and weight are important factors. 

On this forum, or Facebook, I am not seeing the rider interest.

Perhaps riders will show more interest once the wheel is out.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Kingsong Customer Support said:

100% pure commuter wheel and thats how it should be sold and advertised. Target new riders. The price should be reduced though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

100% pure commuter wheel and thats how it should be sold and advertised. Target new riders. The price should be reduced though.

thanks for your comment. the s19 is being sold now.

how much price do you think you will buy ?

I personally find the s19 attractive, at least for the looks. I admit kingsongs designed the most beautiful wheels, wayyy more appealing than begode😂

The s19 looks like what the s18 should have been. And I think would target the same customers. 

I'm sure many people will be interested in. I mean, good looks count. Not just specs. On the specs and price, you won't beat Begode, but you will have their terrible quality. 

Now it depends on the price. As of now I would never pay that price. Maybe because I know these machines and I can accept a Begode trash wheel. But newcomers, maybe, yes

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LeGiroquoi said:

I personally find the s19 attractive, at least for the looks. I admit kingsongs designed the most beautiful wheels, wayyy more appealing than begode😂

The s19 looks like what the s18 should have been. And I think would target the same customers. 

I'm sure many people will be interested in. I mean, good looks count. Not just specs. On the specs and price, you won't beat Begode, but you will have their terrible quality. 

Now it depends on the price. As of now I would never pay that price. Maybe because I know these machines and I can accept a Begode trash wheel. But newcomers, maybe, yes

how much can you afford

4 hours ago, Kingsong Customer Support said:

you are very close to ewheels.com price (estimated pricing is $2,875 TBD)

IMO, $2875 USD is still kind of high.

At ewheels.com, the T4 is priced at $2100 USD with Samsung 40T.

The S22 Pro is priced at $3200 USD. That's $325 USD more than the S19.

The S19 is priced TBD at $2875 with Samsung 40T.

How much are you pricing the S19 with LG M50LT cells at, in USD?

Thanks.

FYI:

30 cells x 4.2 V = 126 V

24 cells x 4.2 V = 100.8 V

LG M50LT cells: 3.7 V nominal, 5 Ah.

Samsung 40T cells: 3.6 V nominal, 4 AH.

30 cells x 3.7 V x 5 Ah x 4p = 2220 Wh.

30 cells x 3.6 V x 4 Ah x 4p = 1728 Wh.

24 cells x 3.7 x 5 Ah x 4p = 1776 Wh.

24 cells x 3.6 V x 4 Ah x 4p = 1382.4 Wh.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, techyiam said:

IMO, $2875 USD is still kind of high.

At ewheels.com, the T4 is priced at $2100 USD with Samsung 40T.

The S19 is priced TBD at $2875 with Samsung 40T.

How much are you pricing the S19 with LG M50LT cells at, in USD?

Thanks.

i have the same question too,

how do you think about the Samsung vs LG cells ,in your using perspective (  Samsung is too pricey ?)

10 hours ago, Kingsong Customer Support said:

i have the same question too,

how do you think about the Samsung vs LG cells ,in your using perspective (  Samsung is too pricey ?)

People who are looking into buying a wheel will typically do comparison shopping, as oppose to what the Kingsong accounting department would do (look at the BOM; Bill of Materials). :)

Buyers would typically make comparisons among the wheels that cost about the same price. And here is the problem for the S19.

At about $2000 USD, we have:

(1) V11

(2) S18

(3) T4

At about $3000, we have:

(1) S22 Pro

(2) Patton

(3) Commander Mini

(4) Extreme

(5) Master

The Commander Mini is actually priced lower at $2799 USD.

At $2875 USD, the S19 is priced too close to the $3000-ish wheels.

Both the Commander Mini and the Patton looked way more appealing to me. BTW, both the Patton and the Commander Mini use the Samsung 50E cells.

My hunch says, as it is configured now, the S19 would likely encounter quite a bit more resistance in sales, if priced above $2500 USD.

For which use-case would someone pay $2875 USD for a S19?

The Commander Mini may be the most fierce competitor. It has a great 134.4 V motor drive system, hydraulic suspension, and 2400 Wh of 50E cells, but priced lower. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Kingsong Customer Support said:

thanks for your comment. the s19 is being sold now.

how much price do you think you will buy ?

I am not sure if asking here will be of much use. When new wheels are presented (but not yet available) there are many strong comments here. Some raving about a new wheel (only knowning specs) which then turns out to be a disappointment for many or conversely panning the new wheel sight unseen which then turns out to be a gem and liked by many.

Dealers/retailers would have a better idea of what sells for what price and they should be the ones to ask.

Having said that. I can give you my thoughts. The forums are often populated by enthusiasts who tend to the extreme and like to make their views known. However there are also riders here (on the forum) who have been around a while. Often quite content with their 18XLs or s18s but just want a bit more (suspension for 18XL , range/power s18) before they will trade the wheel they are comfortable with.

True, it is often the enthusiasts who are willing to part with their money to buy the latest wheel but while they are most visible (youtube/facebook/forums etc) there is a much bigger market with those yet to try EUCs.

I think with these people the s19 could be a winner. Perfect for commuting but not out of place on a trail for a recreational ride. The type of person attracted to it's clean lines is not likely to be sending it big over huge jumps (though I'm sure someone will try).

• Like 2

I at start liked S19 - it has perfect power/speed. And weight is almost at ~30kg. (Little bit over 30kg, which i don't like.)

Sadly it also has the dumb S22 suspension (Open design suspension.) and no good carry handle.

Charge ports are under the wheel, genius..

Dumb plastic lights, speaker boxes - that will crack at first side drop. They keep adding useless crap to wheels. Like screens.. Music boxes.. Pads that are built in.

If they didn't add useless stuff, it could have costed only ~2200$... Anything over 2500$ for this is to much.

At the end it's another "flop of a wheel".

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/9/2023 at 3:40 AM, Funky said:

Dumb plastic lights, speaker boxes - that will crack at first side drop. They keep adding useless crap to wheels. Like screens.. Music boxes.. Pads that are built in.

If they didn't add useless stuff, it could have costed only ~2200$... Anything over 2500$ for this is to much.

Agreed. I am not a music player. I don't like annoying others or being annoyed by others. Paying for stuff you don't need or want.....

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, DavidB said:

Agreed. I am not a music player. I don't like annoying others or being annoyed by others. Paying for stuff you don't need or want.....

We're all different, I love playing music and annoying others with my music. 😂