Is anyone getting the KS S19?

onewheelkoregro

On 7/10/2023 at 9:10 AM, Drunkard said:

When you put it side by side it's crazy.. 

I can forgive a little bit of a price premium because S19 suppose to be a 'complete product'. No need to buy expensive pads, no need to change the suspension. But there needs to be less of this wheel price inflation.. 

S18 is a decent wheel but it's wildly overpriced for it's specs and the price never went down as the new wheels came out.. Sadly new wheels are just taking a step up. Price was the only reason why I never picked up S18 for my lady. 

Pricing should be:

S18 - 1800 euro 

S19 - 2200 euro

S22 - 2700 euro

you can get an S22 improved edition from this site called Freemotion if you live in the US or Canada for less than $2700 https://freemotionshop.com/product/kingsong-s22-eagle-electric-unicycle/

• Thanks 1

I just looked at the specs of the commander mini and the s19. The s19 boasts 300 more watts but 12 mph less than the commander mini. Why is that? Probably Kingsong speed limiters. But if the S19 went 50mph I would get it over the commander mini. But as of right now the commander mini is cheaper, goes faster, and has the preferred suspension.

34 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

I just looked at the specs of the commander mini and the s19. The s19 boasts 300 more watts but 12 mph less than the commander mini. Why is that? Probably Kingsong speed limiters. But if the S19 went 50mph I would get it over the commander mini. But as of right now the commander mini is cheaper, goes faster, and has the preferred suspension.

Rated wattage is rather meaningless number. Are you talking about freespin speeds? S19 could of course go faster but it’s limited by software. Better to compare speeds with same safety margins. But if there is a top speed difference, it’s because of voltage, not wattage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Rated wattage is rather meaningless number. Are you talking about freespin speeds? S19 could of course go faster but it’s limited by software. Better to compare speeds with same safety margins. But if there is a top speed difference, it’s because of voltage, not wattage.

I believe they are both 126 volt wheels, but I do not know the voltage of the s19. But I figured KS limits speeds for safety

1 minute ago, onewheelkoregro said:

I believe they are both 126 volt wheels, but I do not know the voltage of the s19. But I figured KS limits speeds for safety

S19 is a 100v wheel and commander mini 134v, volts aside ther are other factors as well and S19 really isn't a high performance wheel.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

S19 is a 100v wheel and commander mini 134v, volts aside ther are other factors as well and S19 really isn't a high performance wheel.

ok that makes more sense. I think of the commander mini as more of like an offroading/stunt wheel whereas the S19 is a city commuter wheel with a suspension for riding on streets mostly

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scubadragonsan said:

Not me...I already have too many middle range wheels. My next one would be either Sherman S or similar. I want Fastace suspension and more range!

To each their own. NGL the Extreme is looking a lot better, it is cheaper, faster, and IMO they are both aesthetically the same, but man that Extreme is looking nice

• Like 1

Ecodrift's teardown makes me sad with the amount of design oversights. Breaking plastic tabs I know all too well with my T3, but such a thing really should not be implemented in 2023.. my biggest gripe is the foot pedals damaging the LED casing on the pads simply because it can't fold in flush with the body.

36 minutes ago, slippyfeet said:

Ecodrift's teardown makes me sad with the amount of design oversights. Breaking plastic tabs I know all too well with my T3, but such a thing really should not be implemented in 2023.. my biggest gripe is the foot pedals damaging the LED casing on the pads simply because it can't fold in flush with the body.

+1.

The S20 was leaked out in early 2021. The official debut came August of that year. So, it is almost 2 years now, and all Kingsong can do is to release a restyled S20 but with less battery, a S18 air shock and questionable linkage mounting hardware. And they still use the same LG cells that every other manufacturers have moved away from.

The last nail in the coffin is when they are still using plastic toyish design elements from an earlier era, with little afterthought for serviceability. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Never underestimate the design effectiveness of a good old piece of packing tape for wire management.....:smartass:

Did you just graduated from Gotway University? 

That design philosophy is used throughout my T3. :)

• Haha 2

• 6 months later...

The s19 speed is clearly limited by KingSong. It has a really big headroom. Some early adopters reported speeds like a 70 kph. The new KingSong s16 pro  with Samsung 50 s cells has the same maximum speed like 48V s16 pro… I am not a speed freak, easy 60 kph is more than enough for the city. I was taking s22 pro in to the consideration but s19 has a smaller footprint. I will try s22 pro but for now I preordered s19 pro.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1