First Time Putting The V13 Into My Car

Ethereal

Maybe go for a plywood ramp.   I’d be better than a hernia that trunk is pretty high up off the ground maybe a piece of carpet to throw down over your trunk and bumper so you don’t scratch it up.  Also, if you’re somewhere where there’s a high curb like a sidewalk or some thing that brings the wheel up quite a bit.

I’m lucky I get to load into a very low minivan/ work van.  I have plywood down in the back and strong steel runningboards that I can use to pick it up at the halfway point. It’s still beats up the car anyway.

Edited by Josiah
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

That lifting position really is the most efficient back killer I know of. Please continue to Plan D!

+1.

I would use a piece of suitable length of 2x4 before doing any of the Plan A-C. Not only is the V13 heavier than the Abrams, it feels a lot heavier to me. That sucker is heavy. A ramp is safer though. 

Crazy for a surgeon to make a video to encourage this practice. This reminds of dentists who keeps good supply of candies, chocolate bars, and gum to give out.

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2023 at 2:33 PM, techyiam said:

+1.

I would use a piece of suitable length of 2x4 before doing any of the Plan A-C. Not only is the V13 heavier than the Abrams, it feels a lot heavier to me. That sucker is heavy. A ramp is safer though. 

Crazy for a surgeon to make a video to encourage this practice. This reminds of dentists who keeps good supply of candies, chocolate bars, and gum to give out.

I am not a surgeon Bro. I am an anesthesiologist. The surgeon gets all the credit when things go well. When the case goes badly, it’s the anesthesiologist’s fault. Lol. 

I actually bought a ramp. I have completely abandoned trying to lift it. If you ever saw the video that followed called “V13 First Impressions Wonders, Woes and Wobbles”, I highly stressed just getting a ramp.

959CA0A7-68D6-45F0-A8AF-0C8E4F651B70.jpeg

Edited by Ethereal
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ethereal said:

I am not a surgeon Bro. I am an anesthesiologist.

My bad. I find it easier to pronounce and type surgeon. :)

Yeah, I made an assumption based on seeing you in one of your videos wearing something that looks like a surgical scrubs. I didn't know that you actually listed your occupation in the About section of your YouTube channel. 

Back to the OG topic, thanks for posting the use of a 2x4 too. The ramp does looks better. 

Edited by techyiam
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, techyiam said:

My bad. I find it easier to pronounce and type surgeon. :)

Yeah, I made an assumption based on seeing you in one of your videos wearing something that looks like a surgical scrubs. I didn't know that you actually listed your occupation in the About section of your YouTube channel. 

Back to the OG topic, thanks for posting the use of a 2x4 too. The ramp does looks better. 

That’s alright. We all wear surgical scrubs in the OR. Most people identify with surgeon when they see surgical scrubs. 😊
I actually returned that foldable ramp because it took up too much space in my car trunk since it was thick when folded. I just opted for the wooden ramp since it took up less space in the trunk. Yeah my back and potential hernia are definitely saved using a ramp. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1