The segway one s1 and 9bot one a1 are they the same

Ldizzle34

I was browsing amazon for a ecu and at first I was checking out the airwheel x3 they say it’s a good starter wheel but after check some videos I’ve leaned towards the 9bot a1 seen it on Amazon for about $440 now I’m not trying to break the bank on something I might not like ( e skateboard $750) I’m trying to save money with some quality so I’ve found a segway one s1 for $300 but my question is are the both the same or do the 9bot have more updated features? Like if there was bugs in the segway that is the same are fixed in the 9bot

6 hours ago, Ldizzle34 said:

I was browsing amazon for a ecu and at first I was checking out the airwheel x3 they say it’s a good starter wheel but after check some videos I’ve leaned towards the 9bot a1 seen it on Amazon for about $440 now I’m not trying to break the bank on something I might not like ( e skateboard $750) I’m trying to save money with some quality so I’ve found a segway one s1 for $300 but my question is are the both the same or do the 9bot have more updated features? Like if there was bugs in the segway that is the same are fixed in the 9bot

Skip the Airwheel - it's way too slow. The A1 only has one 160wh battery but you can add a second one on the other side I believe - just look around for one on eBay or check with Ian on SpeedyFeet.co.uk. One 160wh battery alone is not adequate for any reasonable use case other than practicing in a parking lot which will get boring fast. You can also unlock the A1 to go a bit faster with @MRN76 speed tool if you can get hold of him on Telegram.

I recommend you watch Adam's video below also.

• Like 2

Consider a used, newer wheel (from an active manufacturer), too. You may get more bang for the buck this way.

You can alwas go to out private sales forum here and ask something like "Who has something to sell for $X or less in the Detroit area" or likewise, and see what comes up then.

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/forum/24-private-sales-secondhand/

• Like 1

Ha, I knew there was a thread/topic on the forum that had answered this question way back in 2016!

So, the two known spec differences are:

1. S2 comes with dual batteries although you can add a second one to the A1;

2. S2 motor is 500w vs A1 400w.

I am not certain what an S1 is but suspect it is just an S2 with only one x 160wh battery.

The A1 was sold in the US (and possibly all of North America); the S2 was sold in the rest of the world.

Like @meepmeepmayer I would strongly encourage you to skip the A1 and certainly the Airwheel.

If you can find an S2 with low miles and dual batteries (see Adam/ Wrongway's video in my post above) for $400 or less it would be worth considering as a low-cost but reasonably minimum option.

The Ninebot One E+ is a 16" wheel (A1 and S2 are 14") and has similar specs to the S2 with a 500w motor but only one 320wh battery (same capacity though as the 2x160 in the S2). The E+ was the first wheel for many of us. Ninebot manufactured and sold a lot of these wheels so they can still be found for sale used. If you find one on eBay or locally in the $300 range it might be worth buying if in good condition and if it has low miles (1,000 or less). The shell on all the early Ninebot Ones are nearly indestructible, and the boards and motors are very durable. Just realize that the battery is likely 5+ years old and there is no trolley handle. It is portable, however, and weighs about 32lbs.

If you can spend more, a used Inmotion V8 (V8S is best), Kingsong 16S or maybe 14D, or MCM5 in good shape would be much better choices depending on the price. I would set that target price for any of these in the $400-600 range. Above that, just save up for a new wheel.

• Like 2