Inmotion v13 useful information

Punxatawneyjoe

On 5/30/2024 at 1:11 PM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I don't believe so. ewheels here in the US has a street tire option the Michelin Pilot 2 that can be mounted tubeless for an additional $250

Maybe your dealer would do the same?

Same option from Alien Rides where I got my V13. Totally worth getting the Pilot 2!!

(Got one for my V11 as well and it changed the world from that crappy factory stock tire thing.)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I recently got a V13 and I noticed when adjusting the dampers, the right side will only make 1 turn, while the left side makes 4. Is this normal?

I also just tightened (not adjusted) both dampers up top because they were loose anyway (especially the right side), but that didn’t change anything. The right damper adjustment still only makes 1 turn.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

4 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

the right side will only make 1 turn,

The dampers should "tighten" when turned clockwise "by hand". Do not use anything but the tool and your hand since they can be easily broken if over torqued. Then they should be able to be turned counterclockwise (less dampening) about 4 or so revolutions on both sides. Make sure the nut is tight on both dampers (slotted part of the tool). Also make sure the whole shaft isn't turning when adjusting it. If you turn it clockwise until it stops it should be able to be turned counterclockwise 4 or so full rotations, if it doesn't then something is wrong with it. Mine is set about 1.5 revolutions from tight. They are easily removed but you have to be careful not to loose the lock washer on the top of the damper rod that sits inside the tube. (page 1 has pictures) Also the treads are very fine so turn in by hand until you are sure you are not cross threaded before you tighten them with a socket/wrench. Lastly, congratz on the new wheel. :D

4 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Lastly, congratz on the new wheel. :D

I am familiar with how to adjust and tighten the dampers, at least up top. I’ve already watched a bunch of videos. I was just double checking that both sides are supposed to be 4 turns.

Any idea what’s causing that damper to only go around once? It seems to go all the way counterclockwise (no damping), but can only make 1 turn clockwise until hitting a hard stop. I know Marty broke his by forcing it, so I’m trying to avoid doing that.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie