Is it good to have riding protection?

16 hours ago, Funky said:

Yup we got that thick skull and bones. No need for padding..

Been riding 3 years, have fallen also times - zero gear, no problem. :D

(Jokes aside.. I'm only going 20-30km/h speeds. If one where to go faster - you should gear up.)

Oh, absolutely. I'm just amazed at what we do with minimal padding in mtb. With euc we have the luxury of not working hard while riding, so padding up is an easy luxury.

12 hours ago, Uras said:

Oh, absolutely. I'm just amazed at what we do with minimal padding in mtb. With euc we have the luxury of not working hard while riding, so padding up is an easy luxury.

not in florida. dec 9th, and i was overheating in demon padded shorts. 

idk how big the market is, but hot humid weather protection gear would be a great invention. motorcycles go fast enough so u can ventilate under ur leathers and stuff, but i'd come closer to dying from heatstroke layered up in protective gear. and getting it off when ur sweaty is a nightmare. 

Edited by novazeus

14 hours ago, Funky said:

Ride same paths always. And my commute is 4km round trip. And i ride VERY

If it is always this way, you might not need safety gear. (Man, how boring is this :) )

I can imagine you don't fall.

I ride everywhere and tend to overcome every terrain obstacle without getting off the wheel. Therefore I fall. Sometimes badly. Hence I gear up every time.

2 hours ago, Aztek said:

If it is always this way, you might not need safety gear. (Man, how boring is this :) )

I can imagine you don't fall.

I ride everywhere and tend to overcome every terrain obstacle without getting off the wheel. Therefore I fall. Sometimes badly. Hence I gear up every time.

When i used to go for "fun" rides, i used helmet and knee guards, because i often rode around 40km/h speeds then. Nowadays i'm using euc only for commute at lower speeds. Yeah i don't fall. I'm one of those types who will stop and step of euc, than try to ride over a obstacle.. Risking breaking euc..

I'm not "outdoorsy" guy. Even when i went for 25-50km rides over 1-2hrs. I was more or less like this: Meh.. Sure it was fun first 1-3 months, but after time i got bored. I could buy one of those "big" euc and try going 100mph. It would be kind of fun.:dribble:But riding around mindlessly isn't fun to me.