King Song S22 suspension settings

novazeus

On 4/11/2023 at 2:23 PM, Rawnei said:

Hey thanks. 🙏

The plugs are compatible but not the fenders, since the ningning sliders are a bit longer they are not as dirt prone though so it's good.

Say with the added length of them, I wonder if the channel plugs will have to be made shorter? I mean I don't have them yet to check it, but afraid I'll bottom out sooner with the longer slider height.

27 minutes ago, vikingto said:

Say with the added length of them, I wonder if the channel plugs will have to be made shorter? I mean I don't have them yet to check it, but afraid I'll bottom out sooner with the longer slider height.

You don't need channel plugs at all, can just go with the small ones you install on the sliders.

1 minute ago, Rawnei said:

You don't need channel plugs at all, can just go with the small ones you install on the sliders.

Gotcha. I really gotta find a suitable 800lb spring then, I'm constantly bottoming out and like having those plugs in there. Concerned that the slider plugs on their own won't soften the landing like the channel plugs have done

8 minutes ago, vikingto said:

Gotcha. I really gotta find a suitable 800lb spring then, I'm constantly bottoming out and like having those plugs in there. Concerned that the slider plugs on their own won't soften the landing like the channel plugs have done

Bottom out the 750lb spring? How much you weigh? I'm over 100kg geared and went down to 600lb spring for more comfort and really don't bottom it out even when jumping in the skatepark.

Just now, Rawnei said:

Bottom out the 750lb spring? How much you weigh? I'm over 100kg geared and went down to 600lb spring for more comfort and really don't bottom it out even when jumping in the skatepark.

That's interesting. We're the same weight. I'll have to mess with the settings a bit

1 hour ago, vikingto said:

That's interesting. We're the same weight. I'll have to mess with the settings a bit

No preload, no compression dampening, just rebound tuned.

4 hours ago, Rawnei said:

No preload, no compression dampening, just rebound tuned.

I realized when out and about that my settings were still in snow and ice riding mode. Stiffened up the compression which solved it (I like to jump around a lot).

But I'll have to only play with the rebound though. How many clicks from full fast do you have it?

6 hours ago, vikingto said:

I realized when out and about that my settings were still in snow and ice riding mode. Stiffened up the compression which solved it (I like to jump around a lot).

But I'll have to only play with the rebound though. How many clicks from full fast do you have it?

I suggest finding somewhere that has a couple of drops in a row, like "long stairs" or something like that where you do small successive drops to test and adjust the rebound, I have mine 7 clicks from the slowest. 😊

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/13/2023 at 1:41 PM, Rawnei said:

Maybe you can help clarify what you mean by “the small ones you install on the sliders”? I just installed the Hou roller kit and there are no plugs of any kind, just the rollers and the rail they mount on.

2 hours ago, Malikona said:

Maybe you can help clarify what you mean by “the small ones you install on the sliders”? I just installed the Hou roller kit and there are no plugs of any kind, just the rollers and the rail they mount on.

You don't really need any and there's no good fit for ningning sliders anyway.