Are there any 16X aftermarket pedals in stock anywhere?

superox

Looking for something bigger and grippier for my 16X that ships to EU, but whatever used to be there in the stores is now out of stock. All I see are some Aliexpress vendors with their own pedals, Hextech which is Russian and therefore possibly unavailable as well as expensive, and some French guy that makes bumpy inserts to stock pedals.

Any idea if Kingsong might come out with their own versions of pedals, the ones that are attached to their anniversary edition of 16X?
16X-scaled.jpg

Just now, superox said:

Looking for something bigger and grippier for my 16X that ships to EU, but whatever used to be there in the stores is now out of stock. All I see are some Aliexpress vendors with their own pedals, Hextech which is Russian and therefore possibly unavailable as well as expensive, and some French guy that makes bumpy inserts to stock pedals.

Any idea if Kingsong might come out with their own versions of pedals, the ones that are attached to their anniversary edition of 16X?
16X-scaled.jpg

NyloNowe EUC pedals - Best pedals you can get. And all pedals are expensive, 200-250$ is their normal price..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superox said:

16X-scaled.jpg

Go buy some of this griptape https://viciousgrip.com/griptape/vicious-griptape-4-pack-10-x-11-squares-stickers/  and do some homework; peel of the old tape and apply this.  The glue is so thick and sticky that you (if you are lazy) can apply the new tape direct up on the old.  This will not make you pedals bigger, but they will get so sticky and mean, that riding barefoot is not an option, and it's nearly as good as spikes.  

https://viciousgrip.com/griptape/vicious-griptape-4-pack-10-x-11-squares-stickers/

11 minutes ago, Funky said:

NyloNowe EUC pedals - Best pedals you can get. And all pedals are expensive, 200-250$ is their normal price..

I'm considering them, but 16X ones are out of stock where I've looked. :(

10 minutes ago, Robse said:

DYIng something could be an option failing everything else, but they don't ship outside America.

I just got a set for my 16X... https://www.euc-custom-power-pads.com/nylonove-pedals Still in stock, €270 shipped to the US... I have no idea what they cost shipped to the EU, but the seller is in DE.

(the magnets are backwards and repel the internal magnet, I haven't had a chance to see if the magnet in the pedal can be flipped or if the flipping has to happen inside the 16X)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tawpie said:

I just got a set for my 16X... https://www.euc-custom-power-pads.com/nylonove-pedals Still in stock, €270 shipped to the US... I have no idea what they cost shipped to the EU, but the seller is in DE.

(the magnets are backwards and repel the internal magnet, I haven't had a chance to see if the magnet in the pedal can be flipped or if the flipping has to happen inside the 16X)

Shipping between European countries cost from 5-15€ normally. At least that's what i normally have gotten. 

11 hours ago, superox said:

DYIng something could be an option failing everything else, but they don't ship outside America.

I would 100% wait, till you can get them. Honeycomb pedals are so much better then regular griptape. You got better grip, because "spikes". And you never have to clean the pedals, mud, sand, snow..

I personally exchanged the "spikes" to "hex socket screws". Those spikes where slashing/destroying  my shoes bottoms. Even with "hex socket screws" the grip is way better than griptape.

Edited by Funky

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2022 at 6:49 AM, Tawpie said:

Yes, flipping the magnets in the pedals is a few minutes job. Usually they are installed correctly 😅

5 hours ago, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

Yes, flipping the magnets in the pedals is a few minutes job. Usually they are installed correctly 😅

haha, I flipped the magnets in the shell instead! Good to know the pedal ones can be flipped too (mine weren't wanting to come out and I didn't want to pry on them very much)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 3:07 PM, superox said:

Ewheels has some in stock

On 10/21/2022 at 11:49 PM, superox said:

NyloNove is a Polish product, so there is no problem shipping to EU :) As I verified now, they are in store now - https://hulaj.market/en/nylonove/254-nylonove-for-kingsong-16x-overlays.html - you can use EUCWORLD as a promo code. You will not only get a 5 % discount, but also support EUC World project maintenance and development.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, duanew said:

I saw these pop up on aliexpress recently. They look like the Sturdy Bull 16x versions in black. I wonder how is the fit.Screenshot_20230104_170948_AliExpress.thumb.jpg.145ff180c71820ccdb94e327830d89c2.jpg

They got those "shit" studs.. (At least they look like not "screw" in ones..) Not worth the money even.

Edited by Funky

• 2 weeks later...

The weather allowed me to try the Nylonove pedals out the first time.  Was a bit apprehensive about it because with the helmet and all the protective gear I'm almost 130 kg. They didn't break, so so far so good. I'm careful about curbs and whatnot anyhow, but at least this careful riding they survived.

Grip is definitely quite a bit better and after witnessing that they didn't immediately crush under my weight, they did allow a greater level of confidence. Even for things like sharp turns, surprisingly. Thought I did feel a mild shock absorption effect, too.

I've got the version with overlays, and I'm still unsure which way should those go on. Toe part rised or the heel part? Tried it with raised toes this time, but will probably end up choosing neither and going with full flat pedals.

As a small negative effect, since my riding shoes have fairly thin flat rubber bottoms, I think the soles of my feet hurt more than they used to. Need to try more and maybe switch to thicker soled footwear.

Edited by superox
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, superox said:

Thought I did feel a mild shock absorption effect, too.

Interesting. That might make them a lot more comfortable on those big long rides. but might also suggest a level of flex that could eventually become weakness...

I like the idea of Nylonoves, but in my case I am just happier knowing I have big chunks of metal under my boots.

I use these "BD" CNC pedals for my 16X. They are big, but they work good. They are similar to the Sherman-style pedals you see from Crab's pedals above, but they don't have that signature skinny heel section. If anything, You'd probably be better getting the Sherman-Style pedals that Crab shown because they are the same thing but skinnier on the heel, which give more space for maneuverability (although, the 16X ones are fine imo). I also have the Sherman-style pedals Crab has on my SherMax, so I own both. The spikes on them are quality and removable/adjustable. The pedals are quality.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803252661499.html?pdp_npi=2%40dis!USD!US %24179.99!%24179.99!!!!!%400b1b207816740733150313668e2cda!12000027000763288!btf&_t=pvid%3A5ac899eb-061c-4874-9069-0f963758a6b3&afTraceInfo=1005003438976251__pc__pcBridgePPC__xxxxxx__1674073315&spm=a2g0o.ppclist.product.mainProduct&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 15-04-06 179.99US $ Euc Kingsong S18 16x 18xl Honeycomb Pedal Electric Unicycle Non-slip Pedal Monociclo Eletrico - Bicycle Pedal - AliExpress.png

9Pqud0Z6mavCtblw-pic-jpg.jpg

eDE1cufrJHtvqd5x-pic-jpg.jpg

wVvIlzdW0UdCeIcW-pic-jpg.jpg

Edited by BKW

30 minutes ago, superox said:

The weather allowed me to try the Nylonove pedals out the first time.  Was a bit apprehensive about it because with the helmet and all the protective gear I'm almost 130 kg. They didn't break, so so far so good. I'm careful about curbs and whatnot anyhow, but at least this careful riding they survived.

Grip is definitely quite a bit better and after witnessing that they didn't immediately crush under my weight, they did allow a greater level of confidence. Even for things like sharp turns, surprisingly. Thought I did feel a mild shock absorption effect, too.

I've got the version with overlays, and I'm still unsure which way should those go on. Toe part rised or the heel part? Tried it with raised toes this time, but will probably end up choosing neither and going with full flat pedals.

As a small negative effect, since my riding shoes have fairly thin flat rubber bottoms, I think the soles of my feet hurt more than they used to. Need to try more and maybe switch to thicker soled footwear.

Heya another big boned guy. I'm 124kg butt naked. With gear ~127kg.

I also had problems with my original pedal "spikes", they where to "edgy" if you know what i mean. My shoes bottoms got destroyed. (I like to move my feet around..)

So i exchanged those spikes to regular Hex Socket Screws. The head being big enough made them not sink into shoes bottoms so much and not having knife like edge they didn't destroy my shoes bottoms anymore. You lost little bit of grip that original spikes had - they dig into your shoes.. Still it was way, way better than regular griptape.

Maybe try out those screws? :D Easy and cheap. Try getting stainless steel ones. The heads of those screws alone are about ~4mm high. So you can screw them right down..

Edited by Funky

Also, if you end up having trouble with floppy pedals then follow what Marty did in this video. I did, and to my surprise it works great! No more floppy pedals for both my SherMax and my 16X! And the magnets do not interfere with my ankles in anyway either :thumbup:

Edited by BKW

On 11/6/2022 at 5:27 AM, EUC Custom Power-Pads said:

yes, i had the same problem. I flipped the magnet inside the shell for one of my pedals for the 16x as it was backwards... now that you mention it, i should have done it on the pedal instead! would have been easier lol...actually, not sure if the magnet has the screw groove on the other side of the magnet for the pedal...whatever.

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was trying to add magnets to make the pedals stay up while using a Roll.nz bodyguard.. and noticed that both integrated magnets on my Nylonove pedals were exactly wrong, and pushing away from the magnet in the shell instead of pulling closer :). No problem though, the Kingsong factory probably doesn't care which way their magnets are installed since theirs was made to cling to plain metal. It was a matter of undoing a single screw to flip the pedal magnet, so it couldn't be simpler. Now the pedals stay neatly up even with the bodyguard cover on. No extra magnets needed.