Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

Greg X

Hi all,

I don't know if there is a setting or firmware to resolve this problem but any help would be appreciated. My friend just received his new Commander Pro (version 2) yesterday and during the first night ride we almost had a collsion when he came to a stop. The Commander's rear light doesn't have a braking indicator so others are aware that the wheel is braking. Is there any way to fix this?

• Sad 1

I use the BrakeFree light on the back of my helmet so this is not an issue for any PEV I ride.

19 hours ago, Lilvodka said:

Hi all,

I don't know if there is a setting or firmware to resolve this problem but any help would be appreciated. My friend just received his new Commander Pro (version 2) yesterday and during the first night ride we almost had a collsion when he came to a stop. The Commander's rear light doesn't have a braking indicator so others are aware that the wheel is braking. Is there any way to fix this?

On 7/22/2023 at 9:34 AM, Lilvodka said:

Hi all,

it do have a braking indicator, it's blue while stopped, red while riding and blinking red while braking

and it's way better than most of the EUC on the market atm

On 7/22/2023 at 3:34 AM, Lilvodka said:

Hi all,

The rider can also use hand signals to communicate with the other riders and traffic. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, nb1w said:

Well, I went ahead and ordered a Commander Pro so it looks like I'll be joining this party!

I started on a used V11 because I wanted to get a feel for what I wanted before buying my main wheel. I've used it enough now to know what I want, and I'm looking forward to it!

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. I’ve had mine for a month and logged mile 86 this morning.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. I’ve had mine for a month and logged mile 86 this morning.

I live about a mile from a trail stop on a paved bike/mixed used path that runs for something like 21 miles and passes through a park with 15 miles of dirt and grass trails. I'm really excited for the possibilities! Or if I don't feel like riding in a boring straight line for 10 or so miles to get to the park, I can drive 15 minutes to a trail stop just outside the park and launch from there. That was a big factor in the choice of Commander Pro, EX30, or Sherman S. Even if none of them are hardcore trail wheels, these aren't hardcore trails, they're basic off-roading and I like the opportunity to just leave my house on the wheel and be off-roading for MILES within 30 minutes. I can finish off-roading and in another 30 minutes be at the beach. It's really a perfect class of wheel for the riding opportunities I have around me.

Edited by nb1w
  • Like 3

An update on the rubbing sound I mentioned hearing with my wheel early on. Just a quick recap; I began hearing it almost immediately. I posted a video of what I was hearing, here. eWheels felt it was as simple as lubricating the hub so I did. After my last ride it still persists but now I am hearing it when I brake, and loudly. After some back and forth with eWheels (who have been nothing but great with all of my questions and concerns), it turns out there is a QC issue with a small number of wheels thus far from this batch. It’s a bad motor. Good news is new ones are on the way, bad news is, it happened. Worse news is I may have to do this myself and I have absolutely NO idea about disassembling these things and know nobody who does. Sad about it but not mad about it. Following this business I knew there was a risk of *something* not being right. In the grand scheme of things if a bad motor is the worst thing going on in my life, things aren’t too bad so I’m rolling with it. No pun intended. 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

An update on the rubbing sound I mentioned hearing with my wheel early on. Just a quick recap; I began hearing it almost immediately. I posted a video of what I was hearing, here. eWheels felt it was as simple as lubricating the hub so I did. After my last ride it still persists but now I am hearing it when I brake, and loudly. After some back and forth with eWheels (who have been nothing but great with all of my questions and concerns), it turns out there is a QC issue with a small number of wheels thus far from this batch. It’s a bad motor. Good news is new ones are on the way, bad news is, it happened. Worse news is I may have to do this myself and I have absolutely NO idea about disassembling these things and know nobody who does. Sad about it but not mad about it. Following this business I knew there was a risk of *something* not being right. In the grand scheme of things if a bad motor is the worst thing going on in my life, things aren’t too bad so I’m rolling with it. No pun intended. 😉

Well. Crossing my fingers that mine isn't one of those with QC issues.

On 7/26/2023 at 12:58 PM, TheNotoriousEUC said:

surely ewheels would do the work under warranty. that should cover shipping costs too. have you aksed them if that is an option?

On 7/26/2023 at 12:58 PM, TheNotoriousEUC said:

it's good they sent you a motor. it's gonna take a while to change out that motor. make sure to do your research! GL

2 hours ago, Steve Evans said:

surely ewheels would do the work under warranty. that should cover shipping costs too. have you aksed them if that is an option?

Yes, that is my assumption. At least they haven’t said anything about charging me. They have been great.

1 hour ago, BKW said:

it's good they sent you a motor. it's gonna take a while to change out that motor. make sure to do your research! GL

It’s on its way to them; not me, yet. Yeah, I’m a bit nervous about handling this myself but I don’t think I have much choice. I plan on queuing up some motor change videos this weekend. Thank you!

18 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Good luck with your motor change, 3 things i would suggest,

1) Get yourself a torque wrench for important bolts like (axle/suspension) and torque to specs of the wheel or close to max bolt specs. if that isn't available

2) Don't be an moron amateur and use a cordless impact gun or drill, use hand tools. There aren't any bolts on any wheels that requires power tools (unless you want to break/strip something) It may take you 6 minutes longer but you have to trust your life to this wheel afterwards.

3)Make sure you unplug the batteries as soon as you have access to the plug  and then discharge the system by attempting to power on the wheel.(important safety step as well as protecting the electronics from a surge.)

Thank you.

Points 1 and 3 are well taken. I saw the damage done to a Sherman-S when someone over-torqued a screw. I have no idea what the tolerances are or how to know. Point 3 is / was my biggest concern.

Number 2 was not going to happen. 👍🏾

It’s going to be an adventure.

• Upvote 1

So is the only place to get the Begode app for Android really a http-only site with no SSL validation at all? Or are people just using EUC World to manage their wheel?

Also, suspension -- is there a guide anywhere to tuning the suspension?

Edited by nb1w

46 minutes ago, nb1w said:

I think mine may have the same motor issue as @TheNotoriousEUC. I haven't ridden it yet, but I can hear a light metallic noise when I roll it. I can also hear it when I pick it up for a free spin in either direction. I'll grab a recording soon.

I feel I also heard it on someone’s IG post as well but they are playing music through the wheel so it’s really faint. That sound is ingrained in my head. 

1 hour ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

I feel I also heard it on someone’s IG post as well but they are playing music through the wheel so it’s really faint. That sound is ingrained in my head. 

Here's a recording of the sound. Beeps because I haven't changed the factory speed limit. To me this sounds like a softer version of the sound in the video you posted.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Xe_T9-29RbU

I rode a few laps around my neighborhood and couldn't really hear it, so I'm going to keep monitoring.

Edited by nb1w

Yeah. Keep paying attention to it. Mine was subtle at first and became slightly louder over time. Jason said the wheel should still be okay to ride. I haven’t had mine out much but only because I haven’t had a lot of time. I don’t plan on going on long trips with it nor do I plan on going very fast just to be a bit more cautious.

Can someone walk me through the button functionality on this wheel? Everything I can find online about the Commander Pro (video wise) kind of assumes you've already ridden Extreme Bull or Begode wheels, which I haven't. I'm not familiar with the behavior of the wheel vs what I know of InMotion. There are also no manuals documenting the operation. And I don't really want to do a trial and error with a 95lb wheel. For example:

• Spin kill: Straightforward on the V11/V5F, but pressing what I believe is the equivalent button on the CPro doesn't disengage the balancing, so I'm obviously not doing it right.
  • Powering on: If I power it on while it's laying on its kickstand, is the balancing automatically disengaged until I actively re-engage? How do I re-engage?
  • Charging:
    • V11/V5F, I was able to pair with the wheel while it was charging and check the battery level, voltage, etc. It doesn't seem like I'm able to do that with the CPro. Does the wheel have to be powered on in order to connect?
    • The included charger has a 3-prong connection to the charger with ground, but the power cord is only 2 prong without ground. This does not seem like a particularly good or safe configuration. I have plenty of 3-prong power cords lying around from monitors and computers, is there any downside to replacing the cord from the unit to the wall?
Edited by eezo

I don't know anything about the pronged charging as I only use the stock charger on mine and it works fine. If you stand over the wheel, the button to the right is the power button; the button to the left is the killswitch (spin kill). To engage the killswitch you press it three times and it'll leave the wheel on but disengage the motor until you press it again, which then engages the motor. Not entirely sure, but I think there should be a tilt safety mechanism that disengages the motor if titled while on, so if you turn it on when the tilt disengage is on then obviously it won't turn on the motor -- most EUCs are like this, no?

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, eezo said:
  • Spin kill: Straightforward on the V11/V5F, but pressing what I believe is the equivalent button on the CPro doesn't disengage the balancing, so I'm obviously not doing it right.
    press twice to disengage (wheel stopped) press again to re-engage
  • Powering on: If I power it on while it's laying on its kickstand, is the balancing automatically disengaged until I actively re-engage? How do I re-engage?
    if you power on the wheel while it's in a resting position is automatically disengaged, it will re-engage itself once you lift it up
  • Charging:
    • V11/V5F, I was able to pair with the wheel while it was charging and check the battery level, voltage, etc. It doesn't seem like I'm able to do that with the CPro. Does the wheel have to be powered on in order to connect?
      once you power off a begode it's off, including BT :D if you want to check the charge level you need to power it on, you can do it while charging, no problem
    • The included charger has a 3-prong connection to the charger with ground, but the power cord is only 2 prong without ground. This does not seem like a particularly good or safe configuration. I have plenty of 3-prong power cords lying around from monitors and computers, is there any downside to replacing the cord from the unit to the wall?
    • if you have a 3 wire cord you can swap it no problem

• Like 1

My CPro only charges to 133.7v, what does everyone else's top out at? I was reading some discussion in the EUC Underground Telegram that EB did this by design so that with manufacturing variance, they didn't risk pushing beyond 134.4v. That being said, this is still a bit disconcerting regarding the potential health and longevity of the batteries.

30 minutes ago, eezo said:

My CPro only charges to 133.7v, what does everyone else's top out at? I was reading some discussion in the EUC Underground Telegram that EB did this by design so that with manufacturing variance, they didn't risk pushing beyond 134.4v. That being said, this is still a bit disconcerting regarding the potential health and longevity of the batteries.

Don't sweat it. CP has Samsung 50E that while the charging voltage is 4.2V independant testing has shown they only charge up to ~4.17 V. So if you do what Marty did you end up overcharging for almost zero extra capacity.

Samsung INR21700-50E 5000mAh (Cyan)-Capacity.png

Edited by DavidB
  • Upvote 1