My King Song S22 3D Printed Accessories

Rawnei

Inspired by OP’s replacement lift handle protectors, I ended up designing a pair that was beefed up. I ended up making it too big and will need to trim back the inside wall of the pieces so they’ll fit properly, but otherwise they’re fine. I made it a little boxier to get just a tiny extra bit crumple zone on the corners (probably not a major thing) and redesigned the retention overhang on the bottom to just be a chamfered rim for printability’s sake.

Thank you for everything regardless, @Rawnei, and I’ll still be printing out more!

AEFC2A35-DD15-42D8-95BE-AB83EDEF24BD.jpeg

• Like 1

• King Song S22 Kickstand Mudflap Extension

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5958971

A mudflap extension for the S22 kickstand.

Even although the S22 has a pretty good mudguard the space below the kickstand means dirt and water can still spray up on the rider or riders riding behind you, this plug and play mudflap extension is meant to prevent that.

The mudflap is plug-and-play, it takes some fiddling to get into the space between the kickstand, I suggest to use some small thin pliers pull it up once you get some of the meterial through the gaps.

This mudflap must be printed in a soft material such as TPU.

1.thumb.jpg.f930ade204f171744433d870f3e564de.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.4e79770df8d0691732172144a9d30ebb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Those 3d printed boxes over front light is not nice to have. As inside lights there is some lens over lcd, isnt any one was tried to just black paint those lens (bottom part i suppose) for to not blind others?

1 hour ago, Milordas said:

Those 3d printed boxes over front light is not nice to have. As inside lights there is some lens over lcd, isnt any one was tried to just black paint those lens (bottom part i suppose) for to not blind others?

The point of the caps is to break line of sight into the led, paint or tape wouldn't achieve that, why are "boxes not nice to have"?

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 9:19 AM, Flygonial said:

Inspired by OP’s replacement lift handle protectors, I ended up designing a pair that was beefed up. I ended up making it too big and will need to trim back the inside wall of the pieces so they’ll fit properly, but otherwise they’re fine. I made it a little boxier to get just a tiny extra bit crumple zone on the corners (probably not a major thing) and redesigned the retention overhang on the bottom to just be a chamfered rim for printability’s sake.

Thank you for everything regardless, @Rawnei, and I’ll still be printing out more!

AEFC2A35-DD15-42D8-95BE-AB83EDEF24BD.jpeg

This lift handle protector is great, can mount light on it.

Can share the model?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2022 at 3:18 PM, Rawnei said:

Finally being a happy and very satisfied owner of the King Song S22 (hint: it's an awesome wheel!) after waiting since first day of pre-order it's time to design and release some 3D printed accessories for it.

Wow Rawnie you are a rockstar, thanks!

What's up with your seat?

1.thumb.jpg.4fddcf531ae9df1ad7bca5c258fe39e1.jpg

Did you print that too? I'm looking for something a bit more comfortable for long rides - is it any good?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Hi, forgot you saw it. 😂😂

I will actually release a 3D printable seat very soon which is super comfortable, stay tuned.

*cries in having already spent money on Clark seat*

I used your old seat setup for a while and it was pretty serviceable but I missed my speedo and also my own attempt to make a similar seat was a pretty abject failure :unsure:.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flygonial said:

*cries in having already spent money on Clark seat*

I used your old seat setup for a while and it was pretty serviceable but I missed my speedo and also my own attempt to make a similar seat was a pretty abject failure :unsure:.

Oh my new seat will block the display, sorry, I find the display completely useless and sitting comfortably more important. 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Oh my new seat will block the display, sorry, I find the display completely useless and sitting comfortably more important. 😁

I got used to riding without it but used to use it all the time. That being said, it definitely is a bit sketchier to sit farther up front on the seat with the display cutout the Clark has, which is something I miss as acceleration is sluggish when sitting at the back.

• Like 1

Quick(ish) 16 hour print with my 1mm nozzle (same settings but with 0.5 layer height and 2 walls instead of 3 to keep the wall thickness consistent). Final weight 498 grams, print quality was good overall with some imperfections due to my setup being cheap and using the big nozzle. Fuzzy skin effect is neat, definitely a nice effect especially when you have these big layer lines and want an even but coarse surface.

Initial impressions just with some sitting on it and moving back and forth a bit (I'm not an experienced seated rider but made some attempts with the stock seat). The lift up for better ergonomics is a huge improvement. Comfort is ok but not great for me, there's a lot of flex in the seat, maybe too much where the back end droops down and the front end bends and pushes the bump into my crotch, and I have to sit pretty far forward to get the support from it, generally all the way forward. Maybe I'll try again with a 0.6 nozzle and try to up the infill a bit toward the rear of the seat and see if it improves.  
PXL_20230626_165527721.thumb.jpg.8606d6a8e160d955bdde99699036e511.jpg

• Like 1

Ah, I think I see the mistake I made, the larger nozzle gives a less dense infill pattern at the same infill percentage, so I would need to up the infill quite a bit at 1mm to get the same pattern, s it makes sense I got an extra soft and squishy (which is not more comfortable) seat.

Well I don't love the red seat look as much as I thought I would anyway, so I can use the rest of this roll on a front bumper and try again with the 0.6 nozzle in black I suppose.

Edited by chanman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chanman said:

Ah, I think I see the mistake I made, the larger nozzle gives a less dense infill pattern at the same infill percentage, so I would need to up the infill quite a bit at 1mm to get the same pattern, s it makes sense I got an extra soft and squishy (which is not more comfortable) seat.

Well I don't love the red seat look as much as I thought I would anyway, so I can use the rest of this roll on a front bumper and try again with the 0.6 nozzle in black I suppose.

Yeah also filament brand can affect things, like Overture TPU is way too soft, their 95A is much softer than other brands for some reason and that would throw a wrench in everything.

My first seat was for the master and took like 7-8 prototypes to get the softness correct.

Also at least with 0.6 nozzle you will want 3 walls as to add some stiffness on the outer walls, 1 wall is actually used for the fuzzy skin and won't really be supportive at all.

16 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Yeah also filament brand can affect things, like Overture TPU is way too soft

Good to know, I usually go for Duramic for TPU because they're cheap and I got good results for my pads, but do you have a recommendation you can share for the seat?

Edited by chanman

1 minute ago, chanman said:

Good to know, I usually go for Duramic for TPU because they're cheap and I got good results for my pads, but do you have a recommendation you can share for the seat?

Well I've used two pretty cheap brands from amazon that have worked really well for me, YOYI and eSun TPU95a, quick home delivery if you have prime.

• Like 2

Many hours later, 1 day waiting for 0.6 nozzle and black TPU delivery, 1 day drying the wet TPU I got sent (but it was cheap) and a 34 hour print, it came out great. Following the 3 walls and 7% gyroid on the 0.6 nozzle the stiffness is really great, lots of support and just enough flex to feel comfortable sitting. It's not a pillow but relative to the stock seat it could be. Appearance is also much less rough with the smaller nozzle, and the pseudo matte black look with the fuzzing is very nice.  Final weight is 456 grams for me.

PXL_20230630_174700207.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, chanman said:

Many hours later, 1 day waiting for 0.6 nozzle and black TPU delivery, 1 day drying the wet TPU I got sent (but it was cheap) and a 34 hour print, it came out great. Following the 3 walls and 7% gyroid on the 0.6 nozzle the stiffness is really great, lots of support and just enough flex to feel comfortable sitting. It's not a pillow but relative to the stock seat it could be. Appearance is also much less rough with the smaller nozzle, and the pseudo matte black look with the fuzzing is very nice.  Final weight is 456 grams for me.

PXL_20230630_174700207.jpg

Awesome, enjoy. 😁

I wanted a grab handle on my S22 so I added an alternative version of my front bumper that also has a grab handle on the bumper, very "handy" if you like to do seated riding. 😁

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5447800

Handle1.thumb.jpg.624c987ed6ba2669fa6ed82fee0aa31e.jpg

Handle2.jpg.363d5b05cfd11d57d3976bdcb3e56781.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Fantastic model @Rawnei, thank you. It's every bit as comfortable as you promised, I'm going to enjoy this a ton! I did punch a couple slots in the saddle horn that I can hopefully hang a water bottle holder or my 'in case I have to disconnect the phase wires tools' or a bike light from. I do have to sit right up against the front nub so I'm glad it's there to keep me from going off the front end but yeah, some care is advised.

If I had the .step or CAD files, I'd see about adding a cavity for 'stuff'. There's enough room at the rear… I don't know how you feel about remixes but hint hint :D. Although, I'm not anxious to print it again—my printer has to go so slow with flexibles!

IMG-6672.jpg
IMG-6673.jpg
IMG-6674.jpg
IMG-6675.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Fantastic model @Rawnei, thank you. It's every bit as comfortable as you promised, I'm going to enjoy this a ton! I did punch a couple slots in the saddle horn that I can hopefully hang a water bottle holder or my 'in case I have to disconnect the phase wires tools' or a bike light from. I do have to sit right up against the front nub so I'm glad it's there to keep me from going off the front end but yeah, some care is advised.

If I had the .step or CAD files, I'd see about adding a cavity for 'stuff'. There's enough room at the rear… I don't know how you feel about remixes but hint hint :D. Although, I'm not anxious to print it again—my printer has to go so slow with flexibles!

IMG-6672.jpg
IMG-6673.jpg
IMG-6674.jpg
IMG-6675.jpg

Came out nicely! Glad you like it.

Remixes are fine as long as the original is credited. 🙂 Check your Telegram.

I sit against the front too it gives the best riding position but the large back also helps with stability control and better seated braking (specially together with front handle bumper).

Hi @Rawnei

I'm going to print many parts of yours. I wonder if I need to print 4 3rd Party Pads Support in total ?

Also I wonder if I can use without issue the thicker anti gliding along with the 3rd Party Pads Support ?

Thanks a lot for sharing your work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vichtak said:

Hi @Rawnei

I'm going to print many parts of yours. I wonder if I need to print 4 3rd Party Pads Support in total ?

Also I wonder if I can use without issue the thicker anti gliding along with the 3rd Party Pads Support ?

Thanks a lot for sharing your work.

Hello, no only 2 of those, one per sides they are only for the upper rear area.

Not sure what thicker anti gliding is? The supports just add more surface area ro attach pads.