My King Song S22 3D Printed Accessories

Rawnei

12 minutes ago, supercurio said:

I've seen @Rawnei's anti glare headlight bumper in person, head on and it's indeed very effective.

Thats great, but still I feel like an inventing wheel again. They can control light intensity directly in firmware (there already is automatic dimming based on speed - which cannot be adjusted) and we are trying to cover lights instead of some simple app option! Thats a Stone age!
I will leave a note for KS support somewhere, feel free to do it too, more voices, more (naive) pressure :innocent1:

Thank you @Rawnei! So it appears my previous post to ask about the squeaky noise is from the slide. There were some design among the community to improve it, but obviously yours is push it to another level!

About this King Song S22 Sliding Mechanism Dirt Protectors, I read the content on thingiverse carefully. Maybe I will try to pring the parts and modify my S22, before that, can I check some points with you?

• Let's say there are three parts in your design, the top part, the rail guide, and a frame.
  • It seems that a screw is used to bind rail guide and frame together (along with the original T-reail). May I ask the specification of it?
  • Is it correct that no extra hole is requried on the T-rail? (The screw only connect two printed parts)
  • How does the top part would stay in the rail? Is it fixed on the top somehow, or it drops?
  • Depending on the suspension setting, the T-rail may extend out of the rail at the bottom. So in this case, any design would not help to prevent the dirt/sand gets into the rail would it? (All right it can be the design flaw from KS but I just want to confirm)
  • However I don't think the T-rail/new part will not extend beyond the top. That would be very extreme!
  • So basically this improvement remove the original rubber insert but keep the rubber end on the T-rail, and replace the rubber insert with printed middle part, also printed frame to make the rail 'fatter' to have a good interaction with the channel (with the help of dry lubricant). While the top part will make sure dirt will not enter from the top of the channel.

I think it is a clever design given current system. I am glad to try it on my S22 just want to understand how it works! Thanks!

2 hours ago, Miko.cz said:

Thats great, but still I feel like an inventing wheel again. They can control light intensity directly in firmware (there already is automatic dimming based on speed - which cannot be adjusted) and we are trying to cover lights instead of some simple app option! Thats a Stone age!
I will leave a note for KS support somewhere, feel free to do it too, more voices, more (naive) pressure :innocent1:

Dimming the lights wont fix the problem unfortunately, it will only reduce it a bit, on-comers will still be staring directly at a led light (or 8 of them actually 😎), what the anti-glare solution does is to cut off the direct line of sight into the leds. But your point is valid they could do better from factory, there is a standard called StVZO how to design bike lights to not produce glare but it seems that EUC manufacturers are either unaware of it or think it is too expensive to implement.

39 minutes ago, littlelio said:

Thank you @Rawnei! So it appears my previous post to ask about the squeaky noise is from the slide. There were some design among the community to improve it, but obviously yours is push it to another level!

About this King Song S22 Sliding Mechanism Dirt Protectors, I read the content on thingiverse carefully. Maybe I will try to pring the parts and modify my S22, before that, can I check some points with you?

• Let's say there are three parts in your design, the top part, the rail guide, and a frame.
  • It seems that a screw is used to bind rail guide and frame together (along with the original T-reail). May I ask the specification of it?
  • Is it correct that no extra hole is requried on the T-rail? (The screw only connect two printed parts)
  • How does the top part would stay in the rail? Is it fixed on the top somehow, or it drops?
  • Depending on the suspension setting, the T-rail may extend out of the rail at the bottom. So in this case, any design would not help to prevent the dirt/sand gets into the rail would it? (All right it can be the design flaw from KS but I just want to confirm)
  • However I don't think the T-rail/new part will not extend beyond the top. That would be very extreme!
  • So basically this improvement remove the original rubber insert but keep the rubber end on the T-rail, and replace the rubber insert with printed middle part, also printed frame to make the rail 'fatter' to have a good interaction with the channel (with the help of dry lubricant). While the top part will make sure dirt will not enter from the top of the channel.

I think it is a clever design given current system. I am glad to try it on my S22 just want to understand how it works! Thanks!

1. The screw is already on there, it is holding the rubber piece that is installed from factory, you reuse the same screw, I haven't measured it.

2. No extra holes or components, just the 3D prints and PTFE dry lubricant.

3. Top part stays in rail with friction, it's a tight fit and wont move unless you push it with force.

4. Rubber Puck extending out of the channels in the bottom would be problematic in another way, that will cause a lot of resistance and suspension would be worse, as the wheel comes in the middle position from factory that is enough for that part to not go out. Even if that part went out the amount of dirt or dust possibly coming in would be negligible.

5. No it does not extend to the top, movement is stopped by coil shock.

6. The 3D printed parts sole purpose is to keep dirt out with as low friction as possible so that the suspension system can work better, I am confident that there can be better or improved design for this even, I have some ideas for the future and other people are working on other solutions but this is way better than the factory solution and cheap/easy to do if you have a 3d printer.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

1. The screw is already on there, it is holding the rubber piece that is installed from factory, you reuse the same screw, I haven't measured it.

2. No extra holes or components, just the 3D prints and PTFE dry lubricant.

3. Top part stays in rail with friction, it's a tight fit and wont move unless you push it with force.

4. Rubber Puck extending out of the channels in the bottom would be problematic in another way, that will cause a lot of resistance and suspension would be worse, as the wheel comes in the middle position from factory that is enough for that part to not go out. Even if that part went out the amount of dirt or dust possibly coming in would be negligible.

5. No it does not extend to the top, movement is stopped by coil shock.

6. The 3D printed parts sole purpose is to keep dirt out with as low friction as possible so that the suspension system can work better, I am confident that there can be better or improved design for this even, I have some ideas for the future and other people are working on other solutions but this is way better than the factory solution and cheap/easy to do if you have a 3d printer.

Very clear. Thanks for the explanation. So I just ordered a 3D printer and this would be my first project. :D

I used to draw in autocad, but not a lot in 3D. Now I may need to train myself a bit for that... Fow now I will make use for the STL from you guys to test!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, littlelio said:

Very clear. Thanks for the explanation. So I just ordered a 3D printer and this would be my first project. :D

I used to draw in autocad, but not a lot in 3D. Now I may need to train myself a bit for that... Fow now I will make use for the STL from you guys to test!

Congrats, it's quite the journey to buy your first printer, which one did you get?

On 8/11/2022 at 1:37 AM, Rawnei said:

Congrats, it's quite the journey to buy your first printer, which one did you get?

To be honest I just copied yours: Ender 3 S1 Pro :lol: At least this would work. Great price and works all right!

Thank you for bring me into world of 3D printing!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, littlelio said:

To be honest I just copied yours: Ender 3 S1 Pro :lol: At least this would work. Great price and works all right!

Thank you for bring me into world of 3D printing!

Yeah it's a really good printer! Bang for the buck.

New thing.

• King Song S22 Lift Handle Rubber Protector Replacement

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5474554

The rubber Protector that sits behind the lift handle has a tendency to easily come loose and fall off, one of mine flew away the other day and is now gone with the wind so I made this TPU replacement version that will sit pretty firmly.

1.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/20/2022 at 6:24 AM, Rawnei said:

Yeah it's a really good printer! Bang for the buck.

For anyone that is considering a 3d printer but cost has been a deterrent: in the US, Micro Center is running a special for new customers.  The Ender 3 Pro is $100 off, which makes it $99. It is kind of bare bones, but at that price, it was enough for me to finally bite the bullet and buy one.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

For anyone that is considering a 3d printer but cost has been a deterrent: in the US, Micro Center is running a special for new customers.  The Ender 3 Pro is $100 off, which makes it $99. It is kind of bare bones, but at that price, it was enough for me to finally bite the bullet and buy one.  

Thanks!

Is that an in-store special only? I created an online account and can't find any mention of it. The nearest store to me is 363 miles away.

Edited by litewave

16 minutes ago, litewave said:

Thanks!

Is that an in-store special only? I created an online account and can't find any mention of it. The nearest store to me is 363 miles away.

I think it may be in-store only.  I have one just over a mile from my house, so I went into rhe store.

Here is the link that I used:

https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/specialoffer3dprinter.aspx

Edited by Rollin-on-1
Added link
  • Like 1

Just something to be aware of if you are using printing services, some parts will have more important tolerances than others, for instance the dirt protectors might want to print more than the specified amount in case any of them get the wrong tolerances when printing, for other parts it's not as important and a mm off here or there won't make a huge difference.

• Like 1

New thing.

• King Song S22 Shock Link Protectors

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5475861

Protectors for the shock link on the King Song S22 meant to protect it from scratches and dents.

As a frequent off-roader it happens that I pedal clip from time to time which often means that the wheel falls on it's side, these protectors are meant to keep the exposed parts of the shock linkage in tip-top shape even after such a fall.

These are designed in such a way that you clip them on, no need for adhesive and will stay on quite firmly unless removed with some force or finesse.

1.thumb.jpg.04de6498c91b01ad7ce23ec1362f5ab6.jpg

• Like 3

Someone reported that if you have the suspension linkage at the highest setting the link arms will interfere with one of the clamps on the link protectors so I have now updated the design and move that clamp higher up so that won't happen. If you printed the original design and it works fine for you no need to change!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5475861

2.thumb.jpg.52d06dfe4142f636e239c4c71bffc46b.jpg

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • King Song S22 CNC Sliders Dirt Protection System

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5621786

Dirt protection system made for King Song S22 CNC sliders (Alexander Vodnev, MyEwheel, Javi, etc.).

This system is made out of a ecosystem of parts to keep dirt out of the system.

Mini Fenders - Two fenders, one in the front one in the back, keeps dirt from splashing into the channel above the sliders.

Channel Plugs - Four of them, one in each channel at the top of the channel, works in tandem with the fenders to keep dirt outside.

Slider Plugs - 8 total, 2 per slider, one at the top and one at the bottom, bottom one will prevent dirt from coming in from the bottom and top one pushes away any potential dirt/dust that would get in despite fenders and channel plugs. Slider plugs are slightly smaller than the channels as to not produce any friction.

dirty.thumb.jpg.7cee5c2f67e3996e490605a05b796d98.jpg

CNC_Dirt_Protection_System.thumb.jpg.1d88cd523ceabd44eac88ad000246fbb.jpg

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • King Song S22 Trolley Handle Extender

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5834176

A trolley handle extension for the King Song S22, comes in two versions, one that extends the trolley handle by 7cm and one that extends it by 5cm.

You will need to use 4x M3x16mm Philips screws for the upper part of the extension which screws into the handle, you can use the original screws (M3x10mm Countersunk Philips screws) from the trolley handle on the lower part that goes into the rails, if you don't use the original 10mm screws for any reason there might the different tolerances and the trolley handle might not go all the way down, this is not a big deal just something to be aware of.

1.thumb.jpg.891a06f5c09cccdd4dbbe5782b40b898.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.7c1f2d86464d0b48a0c363af1e9ba7ca.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.0724172cb5699777e641f73656eeaaf0.jpg

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2