Mcm5 v2 with minor shipping damage

RJ13

I bought a new mcm5 v2 800wh with rather unfortunate timing. Shipping got delayed, so it arrived later the same day that i left on a 3 week vacation. Consequently, i cannot verify that it is functional and it arrived with some minor damage. The grip tape on the peddles put little dents (pitting) in the lower logos and part of the shell. I can live with that, but am concerned about the potential for hidden damage. The seller is closing out their eucs and will stand behind a doa unit but won’t commit to warranty support. Anyone else see this kind of damage upon receipt of their new euc either with or without further issues?

28 minutes ago, RJ13 said:

Anyone else see this kind of damage upon receipt of their new euc either with or without further issues?

Is your camera out of film?  Pics would be helpful.

Without seeing the damage I'd just like to mention that wheels take a lot more beating out on the road. The MCM5 is known for being a pretty tough wheel. 

In China, if it works and isn't cracked, then it's not a huge deal. Thr consumer protection habits aren't as "crazy" as in the west where you have long dragged out disputes for minor issues.

Functional warranty is what the market offers. It mustn't be DOA. Buyer inspects and approves. Then the transaction is usually over. 

As I recall, the mcm5v2 I bought for a friend last year didn’t have the tape on the pedals, and it was unusable as well.

What you described sounds cosmetic. No cracks in the shell ? Was the box beat to hell ?

Paradox - Can’t figure out how to add pic as options shown say “insert image from url”. Pretty straight forward, though. Just picture something resting on that grip tape and traveling (bouncing, vibrating, etc) for several hundred miles. At least that’s what I’m hoping and that it’s not the result of getting the pedals slammed against the case. 

Alcatraz - my thoughts and expectations align with your first post. Shipped from us source, but they were up front about no warranty support. 

OFR - not sure about box condition. I should ask. Seems cosmetic. Just wondering if it’s common. 

15 minutes ago, RJ13 said:

Paradox - Can’t figure out how to add pic as options shown say “insert image from url”.

Go to image upload like "https://imgbb.com/" Up load > when it's done uploading - right click on the small image > open image in new tab (image gets bigger - with white background) > once again open that image in new tab(image with black background) > copy image link > paste in forum.

Edited by Funky

21 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Ah, so someone else received it for you and you haven’t even seen it or turned it on. 

Exactly

15 minutes ago, Funky said:

Go to image upload like "https://imgbb.com/" Up load > when it's done uploading - right click on the small image > open image in new tab (image gets bigger - with white background) > once again open that image in new tab(image with black background) > copy image link > paste in forum.

Never had to do something so convoluted to post photos on other forums, but thanks for the suggestion. 

27 minutes ago, RJ13 said:

Never had to do something so convoluted to post photos on other forums, but thanks for the suggestion. 

You need link for the image.. Only way to get the "link" is by uploading the image to internet. When you upload the image - it gets so said link. Check you address bar you see >>> https://forum electricunicycle org/topic/29134-mcm5-v2-with-minor-shipping-damage/#comment-427829 << that is a link for this forum topic. You simply need to get same kind link for your images. :) Only way to get it is by uploading them somewhere.

Same thing as uploading your images on facebook, Instagram, etc.. They all get links. You simply google: image upload. And click first one you see. You don't have to worry about them.. Sure some people may see them, etc.. But they don't know who uploaded them. It's anonymously.:D

Simply upload them somewhere > copy that image link > paste here. Easy piece lemon squeezy.:D 

At least now you know how to do it. :)

Edited by Funky

13 hours ago, Funky said:

You need link for the image.. Only way to get the "link" is by uploading the image to internet. When you upload the image - it gets so said link. Check you address bar you see >>> https://forum electricunicycle org/topic/29134-mcm5-v2-with-minor-shipping-damage/#comment-427829 << that is a link for this forum topic. You simply need to get same kind link for your images. :) Only way to get it is by uploading them somewhere.

Same thing as uploading your images on facebook, Instagram, etc.. They all get links. You simply google: image upload. And click first one you see. You don't have to worry about them.. Sure some people may see them, etc.. But they don't know who uploaded them. It's anonymously.:D

Simply upload them somewhere > copy that image link > paste here. Easy piece lemon squeezy.:D 

At least now you know how to do it. :)

Thanks! I will try it soon. 

15 hours ago, RJ13 said:

At least that’s what I’m hoping and that it’s not the result of getting the pedals slammed against the case

I have not "unboxed" a wheel for some time, but if the foam packing was properly inserted in the box then that should not be risk. I guess if the box got laid down and other things got stacked on it it could cause pressure on the case from both pedals. Unless it was a very very heavy load I think that the shell would protect the inner workings just fine.

• Upvote 1