eWheel S22 with 1776wh 40T cell range?

No1up

On 7/4/2022 at 10:03 PM, Tawpie said:

If I never dropped my wheel I'd be all over Master as an alternative to S22 (ignoring needing to change the tire, shock, suspension linkage, 'pads', add a shell, headlight and tail light). My major problem is that when it cartwheels it breaks the casting that holds the control board. 

That is exactly why one would use a tether on the wheel, so it stops right next to you and not cartwheel to bits... 

23 minutes ago, MetricUSA said:

That is exactly why one would use a tether on the wheel, so it stops right next to you and not cartwheel to bits... 

And pulls you down when you try to run off a tumble... ;)

• 1 month later...

To resurrect an old topic. I was pretty worried about range. We did a big 42 mile ride last weekend. 2 Sherman a v11 and my s22. It was up the mountain, and down the other side. We averaged about 19 mph. The climb up of the first 20 miles drained me down to 55 percent, but the last 20 miles used it down to 40. I ended the ride with 106v. My tour got all messed up on euc world, but the Sherman's ended at 61 percent. 

I weigh 230lbs (105kg), more with gear. I watched my voltage throughout, and I didn't have big voltage sag like the Sherman did. All in all I'm really happy with it's range for my riding style.

I also rode mine Tuesday up the steepest hill I could find. I have never been able to take a wheel from a stop to the top without the wheel cutting out, but my s22 only beeped at me once and kept going. It was pulling over 50 amps at peak, but my goal was to see how stressed I could get the battery. Voltage dipped all the way down to 100v when pulling those amps. 

• Like 1

I screen-captured this image.  What's interesting is the Wh at 10A.  Basically the 40T has 11.6 vs the 50E 12.2.   

So the range will only be 4% less when going cruising at > 20 mph.  

cell compare.png

Edited by Elliott Reitz
correction 4%
  • Like 1