EXN HT vs OG sherman?

I’m stuck between these two. I’ve owned a sherman and know I loved it, but would I love a EXN more? Lifting it in the middle sounds good.. more torque 👌. Easier tire changes, easier, cheaper, to repair. More parts available. Love the way it looks.. but should I stick with the devil I know or the devil I don’t? :) 

im about 210lb, I usually don’t ride over 35mph.. but maybe as I get more experience? 
what say you fine folks. 

also, looking at the HT because ewheels doesn’t have the HS. 

• Like 1

I haven't had any major issues with my EX.N. I weigh ~260 lbs.  I got the C38 ( HT) version. I like to ride trails. I also use it to do a mixed commute. It's easier than a Monster Pro to lift into an express bus. With my weight I can get around 33 mph on a full charge before 70% pwm alarms/ tiltback engage. I've flashed @Freestylercustom firmware. It's been a godsend since I don't always hear the beeps. I also ride through rain and mud. I open the side panels and inspect everything quite often. So far it's been good. The EX.N is matured enough that most of the initial issues have been addressed. The eWheels purchased Begode wheels have the better assembled/ safer battery packs 

My speed and distance are corrected to actual. The speed is very accurate, the distance is close. 

• Like 3

Max all the way, one of the best wheels you can currently get.

This is really a decision based on if you’ll want to go faster than 35mph.

in my experience, there’s a mental barrier at 35mph-40mph for most people, and for good reason. Some people want to try it once, then maybe never again. Some people dont want to touch it. Some people fly by without give it a second thought. Things get a little twitchy at this spirited faster pace; it’s not something everyone enjoys.

figure out where you’re at, and purchase accordingly. The exn ht will have a superior drive characteristic: more torque equals better acceleration and braking. If you need more sport than the 35mph it tops out at, then the clear choice is the Sherman. 

• Like 1

Also the OG Sherman has a traditional axle which can break easier than a hollow bore one. Since you are considering the HT EX.N it has the preferred smaller bearings. At my weight I will not consider anything with a traditional axle. If I sneeze I will break one. I'm very careful with my mten3 since there's no hollow bore option.

The Begode/ Gotway rims seem more resilient than the Leaper Kim ones.

4 hours ago, Unipilot69 said:

Also the OG Sherman has a traditional axle which can break easier than a hollow bore one. Since you are considering the HT EX.N it has the preferred smaller bearings. At my weight I will not consider anything with a traditional axle. If I sneeze I will break one. I'm very careful with my mten3 since there's no hollow bore option.

The Begode/ Gotway rims seem more resilient than the Leaper Kim ones.

I just went ahead and got my sherman back. Lol it’s such a great wheel. I’m about 210-220lb she’s never left me wanting. 

• Like 1