Speed/distance way to low in EUC World - have you experienced?

Seba

It came to my attention that some users reported that after upgrading their wheels to the newest firmware, EUC World started to show lower speed and/or distance. This also may apply to newest wheels like Master. This is most probably caused by switching data from metric to imperial in the firmware, so speed and distance is already sent in miles.

This change is probably meant to make the built-in display to show values in imperial system, as there's no way to switch betweem metric and imperial (display is not user-customizable). I need your input or confirmation to make sure that my assumptions are correct, so I can update EUC World so it will be able to show correct values for speed and distance in such wheels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/7/2022 at 7:31 AM, Seba said:

It came to my attention that some users reported that after upgrading their wheels to the newest firmware, EUC World started to show lower speed and/or distance. This also may apply to newest wheels like Master. This is most probably caused by switching data from metric to imperial in the firmware, so speed and distance is already sent in miles.

I can confirm for the exn, that's why people went back to the old one while waiting a correction from Begode to take advantage of the new low voltage tilt back at 72V included

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gotwayexn/posts/5653372008028705/

On 6/7/2022 at 7:31 AM, Seba said:

This is most probably caused by switching data from metric to imperial in the firmware, so speed and distance is already sent in miles.

For the exn it makes also the tail light more bugged than anything else, it acts as when the daughter board has no connection with the mother board but does not reset with the usual trick   :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gotwayexn/posts/5625308220835084/

edit I missed the quote, fixed it 

Edited by Bizra6ot
  • Haha 1

On my T3 my mph and distance (miles) were incorrect, less in the app than on the wheel display.  I switched to metric today in the app and now the wheel  display and app speed/distance match.

I can confirm this! The latest Master firmware "C02" in the app causes this issue. The wheel reports to the display properly in kmh, but it reports mph masked as kmh to the app. Thus, when using the app in mph mode, the speed is way too low. Maybe you could add an option/toggle to fix this in the app? It would be a sort of "force incoming data conversion to kmh" switch.

Edited by Nick McCutcheon

On 6/7/2022 at 12:25 PM, Bizra6ot said:

I can confirm for the exn, that's why people went back to the old one while waiting a correction from Begode to take advantage of the new low voltage tilt back at 72V included

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gotwayexn/posts/5653372008028705/

For the exn it makes also the tail light more bugged than anything else, it acts as when the daughter board has no connection with the mother board but does not reset with the usual trick   :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/gotwayexn/posts/5625308220835084/

Update from Begode team, they are working on it new fixed FW should be available within 2 weeks :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

This seems to be my issue with the Hero C30. I downloaded and installed the "Hero C30" firmware, thinking it was an update from metric to imperial.  I dont see any firmware that is considered "older version". If there is a stock version for this wheel, please let me know so i can revert.  Seems like the begode "update without release note"  does convert metric to imperial in both the wheel and for euc world. Darkness bot does not read any measurements for my wheel any longer. It does look like my range is way off, for a 15 mile ride (97 percent to 65 percent) i felt this was WAYYYYYYYYYYYY off, especially not going too fast like 20mph max the whole ride.

Range conversions are off too, showing extra numbers and not matching 15-16 miles. I dont know exactly how far i went on my ride because the range was not being calculated correctly it seems like. Hope this helps

EDIT: 6/22/22 - Battery is not showing correct measurements in EUC world. Stuck on 100%

Edited by CyberV0LT

On 6/19/2022 at 5:06 AM, Bizra6ot said:

Update from Begode team, they are working on it new fixed FW should be available within 2 weeks :thumbup:

Where do you see this? Will they release firmware notes to their update so we can compare which is what? 

@CyberV0LT I had reported the various problems to Fei Che Biao from Begode and that was his answer. For the release notes idk but it should be only a correction of the mentioned problems, the major asset of the last update was the possibility to reach a lower voltage before the final tilt back, 3V per cell for the Exn, 3.1V for the Mpro, 3.25V for the other wheels

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Bizra6ot said:

@CyberV0LT I had reported the various problems to Fei Che Biao from Begode and that was his answer. For the release notes idk but it should be only a correction of the mentioned problems, the major asset of the last update was the possibility to reach a lower voltage before the final tilt back, 3V per cell for the Exn, 3.1V for the Mpro, 3.25V for the other wheels

That is good to have those connections. Well done! Looking forward to seeing darknessbot and euc world updated soon to reflect begodes new update.

• Upvote 1

@CyberV0LT I use EucW and there has already been the update to correct this by clicking on an additional option in the settings, for Darknessbot it seems that this is also the case have you checked if you have the latest update?

SUPPORT IMPROVEMENTS

- Begode: Added 'Firmware uses miles' option in device settings 

Edited by Bizra6ot

3 hours ago, Bizra6ot said:

@CyberV0LT I use EucW and there has already been the update to correct this by clicking on an additional option in the settings, for Darknessbot it seems that this is also the case have you checked if you have the latest update?

SUPPORT IMPROVEMENTS

- Begode: Added 'Firmware uses miles' option in device settings 

Hi Bizra, so these are my findings for Begode Hero HS , and thank you for your suggestions.

(I will run down what I've encountered here, as i find this quite puzzling)

iphone
-Begode App(latest)>downloaded Hero C30 firmware a few days ago >enabled mph conversion>closed app
-Darknessbot(latest) >spinning circle animation over all boxes> enabled "firmware uses mph" > No change to spinning circles >closed down app
android
-EUCWorld(latest) >enabled all conversions>miles ridden seems to have been fixed > BATTERY PERCENTAGE is not working (stuck at 100 percent)>little dots on the guage, and battery level of wheel do not show anymore. (sorry i don't normally use eucworld)  .

Begode app says i have 90 percent battery. Eucworld show 98.1 volts

Edited by CyberV0LT

The setting can be toggled within the wheel as well. This is useful because apps can make the correction, but they cannot change the LCD screen.

I added support in euc dash so app developers can have a look.