Z10 BMS FW MOD MRN76 1.2.6

MRN76

I have tested this with my batteries at 45c and 48c, and they start charging when plugged in, thank you so much! :thumbup: Will test higher temps and maybe cutoff temp later.

I've tested this with batteries at 60c, they wont start charging. They resume charging once both reach 54c, and will stop charging if they reach 57c. amazing work!!!

A bit of warning, after looking up data sheet for the cells it seems the max recommend charging temp is 45c, so expect some increased degradation at best and increased battery fire risk at worst if charging a lot at elevated temperatures. I assume it should be fine, the cutoff is low enough where thermal runaway shouldn't happen, but to be safe never leave z10 unattended while charging, should be done anyways but even more so with this mod installed and used. I would recommend a small portable desk fan that can be used to provide cool airflow over wheel and avoid charging outdoors in high temps.

For reference the max recommended cell discharging temp is 60c, I've ridden my z10 battery at 60c, and it regens/brakes fine at those temps, so it must not be that unsafe.

Edited by osi
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 3:03 AM, MRN76 said:

Hello everyone. Some who live in warm countries have the problem that if the battery is heated to 45 degrees, then the battery stops charging until it is cooled to 40 degrees. And after the ride, you have to wait a long time to be able to charge the wheel. I changed the firmware and made that the battery can take a charge at temperatures up to 57 degrees (If the battery gets hotter, then you will need to wait until it cools down below 55 degrees). The original firmware version is version 1.1.6 (Many Russian users like this version, not version 1.1.7 or earlier). I also changed the version display to 1.2.6 so that officially the Ninebot application would not offer to update it. I have temporarily discontinued support for my app, but you can flash this firmware using this app "XiaoFlasher m365(Pro/1S/Pro2) - NineFlasher ES-G30".

BMS_Zbms1_v1.2.6.zip 23.74 kB · 2 downloads BMS_Zbms2_v1.2.6.zip 23.75 kB · 5 downloads

Help I want to go faster my email address is 93241magana@gmail.com if yu can please

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/5/2019 at 2:49 PM, GMOne said:

If you had been in Europe i would have helped you. First of all checking your board (if it was firmware related i could fix it for sure, and also maybe the same about hardware).

You can connect a programmer and i can do it for you remotely (you need to be reachable by the WAN). You need a J-Link V8. Then it is quite easy to do whatever you want about serial and activation... ;-)

It is also a good thing if you can show some pictures of the board, to do a visual inspection if there is any evident electronic trouble.

@GMOne do you think you can unbrick my Z10?.. so frustrating to look at it laying around 😂, many thanks 

• 7 months later...

Hey @MRN76! I have an issue with my Z10, where it seems that 1 of the BMs's isnt balancing the pack anymore. You can check a somewhat detailed explanation in my account. Someone suggested that this mod might include a different way of balancing firmware, which could possibly revive my BMS. Would you happen to know anything about this possibility? Thanks!