Buying a used s18, how can I tell what batch it's from?

Creeseaz

It only has 300 miles on it and dude says it's from batch 3 and he only wants 1500 for it. I have the serial number and pictures of it but I figured I should at least verify that it's from batch 3

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

The date of manufacture is in the middle of the serial number. Which batch that relates to depends.

Yeah I seen that I just have no clue what date the batches were released and I can't seem to find the info

• Like 1

I am not sure the info you ask for exists, I think it has to do with the market letter too. I have seen close by date on s18's that had different batteries inside, LG or Samsumg, I have seen models that had the slider column cut off at the end, so there was no way to adjust petal height, and then taken back to normal. 

I think its is best to look for pedal hangers type etc. 

image.thumb.png.c7fc59210b1a5cc10f4c45c6327a6f70.png

Edited by enaon

13 hours ago, Creeseaz said:

It only has 300 miles on it and dude says it's from batch 3 and he only wants 1500 for it. I have the serial number and pictures of it but I figured I should at least verify that it's from batch 3

I wouldn't buy a used S18 unicycle for that price ($ 1500), because you can get a brand new one from ewheels for $ 1999. It is not currently in stock but send them an email and put your name on the list so you can get it soon.

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-king-song-s18-1110wh-battery-2200w-motor-full-body-suspension/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I would, if I wanted one. A used wheel that has proven to work, is better than a new that hasnt, imho. Lest we even mention that WAITING is not the same thing as buying....:D Not all sellers are out to screw people over. Of course, you can trust Jason and the 'warranty' has a little leverage. Still tho.. watching summer pass by while you wait on a new wheel, MAY not be preferable over finding a decent seller witha gently used one...right now. I guess it depends on how lucky a person feels.

Pretty much spot on. Plus I was kind of thinking that it only having 300 miles on it is practically nothing in the life of an EUC so it being so little used is one of the main reasons I'm conflicted on just buying a new one or going with this used one. The other issue being him claiming it's from the third batch but it has the tire from the first batch, and when I confronted him about that fact she said when he had ordered it that Jason from e-wheels had emailed him and said he could send it out to him now with the old tire or he could wait longer for the new tire and I don't know if I should believe him or not or if it even makes that big a difference which batch it's from with only 300 milesm you see what I'm saying lol it's frustrating 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I would, if I wanted one. A used wheel that has proven to work, is better than a new that hasnt, imho. Lest we even mention that WAITING is not the same thing as buying....:D Not all sellers are out to screw people over. Of course, you can trust Jason and the 'warranty' has a little leverage. Still tho.. watching summer pass by while you wait on a new wheel, MAY not be preferable over finding a decent seller witha gently used one...right now. I guess it depends on how lucky a person feels.

Great point, and a hard one for some to swallow.

I even like to get info on the previous rider. Heavier than me? What speeds did he used to ride at? 

If everything checks out, packs, no melted wires, clean inside, then it's a great security for me. 

But yeah 1500/2000$ is not an amazing deal. 

• Like 1

Are you buying it local, or sight unseen. That makes a big diff to me.

Being able to inspect/ ride it would be a plus. Also, is the seller a forum member with a good rep, or someone on Craigslist ?

That’s a lot of trust to put in “he said”.

Best,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Creeseaz said:

The other issue being him claiming it's from the third batch but it has the tire from the first batch, and when I confronted him about that fact

Unfortunately, this is the first sign that everything is not right, and you should be careful. That was also one of the reasons I recommended buying a new one. As @OldFartRides wrote, a used unicycle is worth buying from a reputable forum member, someone you know, or buying a used unicycle directly from a dealer (many also sell used unicycles). Buying otherwise is risky. Even if you can inspect it on sight but don't know how to ride with these, things can go wrong. You probably need someone who can test ride it and inspect correct things.