V12 HT versus V12 HS? why buy HT?

Finn Bjerke

More power on the HT - So what else is different ? 
HT 

Available for pre-order

• 2800W motor
  • 16" x 3" tyre
  • Speed limit 25 km/h (ex works)
  • Max speed 60 km/h (on private land in France)
  • Range 150 km on a full charge
  • Ultra bright automatic headlight and rear stop light
  • Engine cut-off switch, trolley and integrated stand
  • Multifunction touch screen

Inmotion V12 Specifications
  • Max Range: 120km.
  • Motor Power: 2500W (Speed)
  • Max Power: 5000W.
  • Battery Capacity: 1750Wh.
  • Max Speed: 70 kmph (Speed)
  • Climbing Angle: 35 degrees (Speed)
  • Tyre: 16 x 3 inch.
  • Weight: 29 kg.

The HT rim is orange?

Depending on the battery options, my tendency would be to go for the HT... just because 16" wheels are "very active" and at speed, that's not good for me. So I wouldn't be going 60 km/h anyway.

I guess it's sort of the same dilemma BG riders have—speed or torque?

Off road tire and most importantly reinforced rim (in orange colour). For anyone of normal European size I'd definitely recommend HT over HS for the safety.  HT model has also redesigned control board with much beefy Mosfets. Even at large weight of the rider it's fast enough. 

HT vs HS difference on an EXN for instance is 58kmh vs 74kmh. Funny that is also the difference between C38 and C30 in width.

The standard V12 is over-reporting by a few kmh. I believe the HT will as well. The V11 does too.
I ride a fat Nik that can hit 60kmh and then some... my first year riding it I was at the beeps very often. I have slowed down though and stick to my EXN if riding at those speeds. The Nik isn't all that great when it comes to climbing and has a pretty weak motor.

I would definitely choose the HT vs the standard V12. As long as it can do over 50kmh it's cool. Add to that the reinforced rim, the tire, the fact that it can take a tumble... seems like a great all in one wheel as long as you don't need the ultra fast speeds and then maybe the 16" 1800Wh family isn't the best pick. This is actually the only HT 16" on the market. Torque on torque... not just geometry but everything else.

The standard V12 is tainted in my eyes anyway.

• Like 1

So following advice from clever folks like you I prepaid V12 HT ........ Looking forward to a looooooooooooooooooooong wait. 55 days or so. Hope Putin dies in the meantime so we can ride peacefully in Europe all over the place. I digress. V12 HT will be on road fun generator, V11 with knobby tire for Off road and Sherman for longer trips seated riding on road.  Mten3 for rides from coffee machine to my Garden and back.... 

Cant wait. But I bloody well have too. 

inmotion_v12_ht_70eaa5e328.jpg

Edited by Finn Bjerke
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Looking forward to a looooooooooooooooooooong wait. 55 days or so.

Bah. 55 days is nothing. I think I've been waiting for my new wheel for 40 weeks now, with 6-10 weeks to go. If I'm lucky.

• 3 months later...

Reviving this thread - I'm looking at getting the V12 HS since I've heard there's not much of a difference in power between the HT and HS beyond the initial takeoff. However, I am ~6'3" (~1.9 m) and ~200lbs (~90 kg) when geared up and have seen suggestions that heavier riders should get HT. Wondering if anyone can go into detail on that matter and/or give a recommendation. My riding style is pretty relaxed compared to some more aggressive riders I know - I'd like to be able to jump curbs but otherwise I'll be riding primarily on flat, paved albeit poorly maintained roads with this.