InMotion V10 / V10F making clicking sounds and shaking? - Video of sound attached

LightWave

Anyone have an idea what's causing the motor to make this clicking sound?

I took it apart and can't see anything wrong with it...

Video of the clicking sound and the wheel stripped right down to the motor:

I had similar sound in my friends V10 and it was cables to coils, your cables doesn't mount properly. They propably touching side of motor, this side of motor that you disassembly have stripes inside and cables touch this stripes.

Sorry for my English.

10 hours ago, Tawpie said:

sounds like something's rubbing against the magnets. go very slowly, see if it has a 'rough' spot at each magnet...

I'll try that thank you! I'm having a hard time trying to remove one of the panels, maybe I can knock it out from the other side

8 hours ago, evil696 said:

They propably touching side of motor, this side of motor that you disassembly have stripes inside and cables touch this stripes.

You mean the copper wires right? Yeah that's probably what it is I just need to take it apart and see what area is rubbing

Can't be bearing.. I would check other side.. And around each magnet. Maybe one magnet broke - now are scraping others.

Or the copper wires are scraping other side, then again how could they in first place..

I would try inserting something thin between magnets and go around one/two circles - to check if something is stuck there.. Plastic knife or something like that should do the trick.

For faulty bearing the licking sound is to far apart.. At least sound like that, so i doubt it's at fault. You could place your ear very close and hear where noise is coming.

Also by removing one side the "whole" motor isn't sitting right at "middle" so it could be scraping it self. xD

Edited by Funky

On 4/16/2022 at 9:04 AM, mrelwood said:

Check my answer in the another identical topic you created.

Thank you I just saw that now I will give that a try! I really appreciate it!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wolverine said:

Hi @ElectronxCycles, here is the answer to your problem:

I saw that thank you. It was a post from Wednesday and no one replied until Friday and I didn't think anyone would notice it and maybe it's because I didn't put the type of wheel I had? I got a lot more solutions on this post though so great try! Still cant get this wheel fixed thought but thank you anyway