Practical EUC safety light what cops love.

This one is amazing for euc i try many lights in years this one is 10/10 top of tops.

And is fully legaly i have positive feedback from citycops and traffic cops city about this. Sometime i mount this on bag when i just walking in night / fog.

Be carefull buy quality one minimum 12+1 LED and 9 or more functions

And yes holes is on top can easy mount with wire or rope or some click mounting 10/10

61830-1108142698-h.jpg

61828-1108325436-h.jpg

61829-1108278391-h.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Richardo said:

Got a link? and what type of battery does it take?

They propably not sell outside country i am not afiliate to link im just happy customer.

https://www.ahprofi.cz/vystrazne-led-svetlo-12-1-led-k2119 

3xAAA (waterezist sealed)

11 usd price.

Is some generic product try find words like batery becaon orange AAA beacon etc.

Dont forget must be 3 X AAA not 2XAAA and 12 or more led here exist cheap copy around be carefull and not focus price only 10-15 usd must be max price with shipping i expect for premium one.

I wonder the legality of lights intended for stationary and blinking use, on a moving vehicle? Gotta watch out for non-directional lights sometimes. Are they red or amber?

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

Maybe too bright and a blinding hazard?  Like high beams of an oncoming car?

Driving past a stationary road flare is temporary.

Driving behind a moving very bright, flashing light might be hazardous.

Emergency vehicles of fire, ambulance, police use flashing red lights....that might be the possible legal/confusion issue..

Might need to be a bit wary of sometimes using a product in a manner it was not designed for.  Subtle differences.

• Like 1

Taking a page from my spandex clad non-automotive compatriots, I'm decked out in blinking red (back of helmet), white (helmet chin bar), all jazzed up with my added touch of orange (left arm). With two rear-facing red steady lights as well so drivers can better judge distance. The blinking is to draw the attention of a driver. I figured orange is a strange color—is that a forklift? I probably would have gone with green because it's the easiest for the eye to see, but I used to play a game where there were two teams: green and blue... so I can't ever be green.

I do avoid using blinking blue though, I think blinking blue around here is verboten... something about impersonating a police officer if memory serves.

But the local dog collars blink all colors including blue and they seem to be left alone by the long arm of the law.

As always, be kind and don't use searing bright at night. In spite of how the spandex crew likes to roll.

Misappropriating technology is, in my opinion, a fantastic thing... without such malfeasance, self balancing 'vehicles' might still be limited to a wheelchair going up and down stairs.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 3

Extremely loud train horns are sometimes installed on cars.

Louder volume capacity seems innocuous....it's just another horn, just louder, what could be wrong with that?

The sound of a horn contains and conveys information.  

Source direction, location, velocity of incoming, proximity, volume,  duration, rapidity of bursts, severity of warning/impending danger, size of vehicle etc.

A lot of critical information might need to be conveyed in very small amount of time to a person who can't see to assess.  Their reaction is going to be based on the information conveyed by the horn sound.

A truck horn on a car....a train horn on a road vehicle... used in a manner not in accordance to it's design and purpose.

The shock to a train horn could result in tragedy when a driver incorrectly over reacts.  A cyclist, pedestrian, PEV, other small road users would be particularly vulnerable.

Not always as consequential.

Sometimes products are not fit for purpose even when used in accordance to design and intent.  eg: helmets meeting DOT standards.

Outdoor electronic screen signage, billboards, lighting, etc would be subjected to guidelines/rules/regulations for the purposes of safety.  

Lights can be a distraction.

Could draw unwanted attention from over zealous police.

I really like my standard cornstruction issue hi vis safety green vest with reflective stripes that I picked up at the dumpsters years ago. I wore it riding motorcycles before the EUC’s. Hard to miss day or night. No batteries needed.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

I really like my standard cornstruction issue hi vis safety green vest with reflective stripes that I picked up at the dumpsters years ago. I wore it riding motorcycles before the EUC’s. Hard to miss day or night. No batteries needed.

It must work well. I can see it in your thumbnail pic. Lol. 

I wear an orange one I found for 5$. And I thought I got a bargain! 

White front, red rear, amber sides. Blue is a no-no, as with flashing forward facing red.  If EVERYONE uses flashing lights and bright as F*CK blinding intensity and loud as SH*T horns, it would defeat the purpose. Selfish is how we tend to think OUR visibility and OUR ability to draw attention, is more important than the same for others. Car headlights have gotten out of hand and are simply dangerous and selfish in design nowadays too. If we dont dial it back and allow the REAL emergency vehicles and construction workers to be most visible, we are negating ANY safety for them and us. Go drive the vegas strip and let me know how obvious it is to notice ANYONES headlights. Saturation of our eyes and ears, undermines their usefullness. Making lights brighter isnt a solution, unless only a few are allowed the priveledge.  As an EUC rider, I dont even really belong on the street. Far be it from me to take advantage of being legally ignored, up to the point I blind other drivers and think my safety matters more than theirs. Drawing too much attention to yourself via excessive flashing red lights, and loud horns, only endangers others, as you become a focal point and theres more going on than just you. Ever notice how drivers tend to steer towards what they are staring at? Its proven to be true, and excessive lighting only amplifies this very thing. Hell, even cops get hit on the shoulder (parked), as the lights draw people in like a moth to a flame....:facepalm:

Being seen is one thing. Being a focal point is another. 1 flashing light can be seen for a LONG way and easily, unless people arent looking or the field of view is already saturated. Refelctive tape is great solution. IN fact, its on EVERY tractor trailer on usa roads and can easily be seen for a great distance.  Here's a news flash: No matter how many lights you have, if someone is deep in texting while driving, they still aint gna see you.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Hi viz vest with relective tape is great idea...maybe a little modification would help.

If reflective tape on the back of vest is red, that might greatly lessen chances of confusion. 

Relective tape of white colour on the back of vest is indicating any forward movement would be towards the viewer... deceptive especially in conditions of poor visibility. 

Doesn't matter that much on a construction site, matters a lot more on a road.  Subtleties of products used in a manner different from designed, intended purpose.

Car seeing white reflective tape on his side of the road.... maybe not ideal.

Red lights on front of rider, indicating forward movement is away from the viewer... don't do it.

23 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Car headlights have gotten out of hand and are simply dangerous and selfish in design nowadays too. If we dont dial it back and allow the REAL emergency vehicles and construction workers to be most visible, we are negating ANY safety for them and us.

A bit off-topic, but in the USA Legalization of beam forming headlights like Europe and Canadia is a part of the infrastructure bill that passed

I'm super excited about this. Ford has been putting them in (disabled) recent high-trim models even in the USA. And if you know how to use Forscan you can enable the feature already!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Hi viz vest with relective tape is great idea...maybe a little modification would help.

If reflective tape on the back of vest is red, that might greatly lessen chances of confusion. 

Relective tape of white colour on the back of vest is indicating any forward movement would be towards the viewer... deceptive especially in conditions of poor visibility. 

Doesn't matter that much on a construction site, matters a lot more on a road.  Subtleties of products used in a manner different from designed, intended purpose.

Car seeing white reflective tape on his side of the road.... maybe not ideal.

Red lights on front of rider, indicating forward movement is away from the viewer... don't do it.

DOT tape is red and white on the sides and rear of trailers in USA. White isnt as much an indicator of direction as red is. we also have white tag lights on the backs of our cars. However, you wont see red lights on the front, unless its LEO or govt related.

@Richardo thats pretty cool. Altho, I really dont see anything wrong with the dim ass lights on my 92' toyota camry. I NEVER use the brights, why bother? I wonder how reliable these new lights will be, considering we cant even get standard lights to be aimed properly by the dealers or customers. It is quite entertaining to see all this new tech tho. Me, I dont need see any further than I can bring my car to a stop at highway speeds. I damn sure dont need see the mirrors of the car in front of me, in my headlights.  Derail completed...:popcorn:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Ok, red and white, rear, DOT.

Have seen undercar decorative lights....yes, what happens when a lot of people start doing that...

they been doing that since before I was a stereo installer back in '94. Tis nothing new for kids  to install illegal stuff on their cars because they think its cool. Colored headlights, video screens on dashes, stickers to remind you whos car you're keying or how many kids the owner has. Yeah, doing stupid sh*t, is par for the course. The cops still havent gotten a chance to get around to enforcing most if it.  Me, I'm just a bitter old man that is also a criminal, so dont place much stock in my opinions....B)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2021 at 9:40 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

Me, I'm just a bitter old man that is also a criminal, so dont place much stock in my opinions....

All of us that ride our wheels in public are criminals. Shoplifting in many large cities in the US is ok and to some politicians, not a crime.

Edited by Unipilot69
  • Like 2

On 12/9/2021 at 9:40 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

Yeah, doing stupid sh*t, is par for the course.

Hey Shane, remember tailpipe whistles? Hahaha!!!!

The whistles go woooooo!

Edited by UniBlab
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniBlab said:

Hey Shane, remember tailpipe whistles? Hahaha!!!!

The whistles go woooooo!

Dont recall those, I was still putting baseball cards on my bmx bikes, up until 1992. Somtimes it was Garbage pail kids. When I did finally gain access to cars, we practiced trying NOT to be obvious and stand out in traffic. Of course we ALL had 200lbs of speakers in the trunk and a remote to a radio 14" away from us. The most important invention of that era, was the MUTE button of the remote. You want pulled over, searched and arrested fast, blast some bass so loud the cop car windows rattle....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Unipilot69 said:

All of us that ride our wheels in public are criminals. Shoplifting in many large cities in the US is ok and to some politicians, not a crime.

We're good to ride most places in Washington state! And in my city, I'd bet grand theft auto is no longer worthy of the time of our city's finest... especially if you drive away at high speed.

But OMG, if you jaywalk...

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1