Monster Pro New motor

Eretrix

Looks like the monster pro has a new "Torque" motor out. I have one ordered and OTW and contacting seller they do confirm it is the V4 with the new motor and rim style. Anyone have any info on this?

• Like 1

Not my content obviously but learning a bit about this here: 

Tldw: customer got a new motor installed through alienrides after damaging his stock Mpro’s rim. With the new motor, he noted the free spin speed is decreased to 56mph with a full charge compared to the 65mph that original motor did. Anecdotally he reports better braking, acceleration, and hill climbing ability. He also states that he hasn't been able to get the pedals to dip, whereas with his previous motor this was easy to do. 

Edited by Denny Paul

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Might that just be going from the new bigger-diameter "C40" motor, originally on the EX and Monster Pro, to one of the standard Begode motors (C30 or C38)?

As stated on a third change to the Pro on Ecodrift, the motor they are using now is the H C30, very curious if this was their replacement motor they got, guessing with another wind of copper.

• Like 1

I asked this a year ago and got told nah it’s already the most powerful motor in any euc blah blah blah

then the MP came out and looked like it overpowered easier than the V3

gimmie a damn V3 100v with an official 2700wh battery and I’d be happy

light weight so you can still hop it easy

i found the V3 not actually lacking in power or torque, just range

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trevor Phillips said:

gimmie a damn V3 100v with an official 2700wh battery and I’d be happy

this is what we want...

2700wh v3 with a c38, so simple that we are still waiting for it, let's see how many version we still need to wait to get it :D

from what i know the motor is a c30 with different winding, the video did not mention about the label on the rim. happy to hear about the improved torque

2 hours ago, Unipilot69 said:

My monster pro has the newer motor with the smaller bearings but there was no markings anywhere on it. I haven't done a total teardown to measure the magnets. I'll do that when the bearings need service.

Curious where and when you got the Pro as they are in short supply?

• 1 month later...

anyone else have a new eWheels Monster Pro?  The motor is labeled c30, eWheels passed along a rumor that there will be a c38 version released at some point.  This wheel has, "LiTech battery pack with the Korean made Samsung 50E cells, upgraded BMS & other safety improvements".  

my M Pro's freespin is right at 60mph/96kph - which is slower than original M Pro?  But perhaps the new c30 has more torque?  I wouldn't know as this is the only M Pro I've ridden.

First impressions?   Monster Pro is smooth, stable fun ride. Also found it responsive on braking and acceleration.   Can't wait until I can really get out on it - crazy ice conditions where I live at the moment.

2 hours ago, Ben Hatfield said:

anyone else have a new eWheels Monster Pro?  The motor is labeled c30, eWheels passed along a rumor that there will be a c38 version released at some point.  This wheel has, "LiTech battery pack with the Korean made Samsung 50E cells, upgraded BMS & other safety improvements". 

Yes, I have this version and loving it. It’s been fun zipping around on the Sherman for 20 miles then immediately using the MP for a comparison. The MP is so stable at speed and also is so much better taking turns at speed, you can lean it over and fly away. It accelerates faster too.  I bought a new tire for it before it arrived however surprisingly I like the stock two ply tire, it’s light and holds the road well. I did add two Shred lights to it as the stock led’s points two far down. Mine free spins at 103 kph, however I’ll confirm this again. Cruising at 35 to 40 mph (gps) seems to be the sweet spot for the Pro. 

• Like 3